Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Caution when using "Hot Shot No-Pest Strips."

Thread Title Search
Caution when using "Hot Shot No-Pest Strips." Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2016, 10:30 AM #221
timmyz

timmyz is on a distinguished road
Late Flower Mites I be Over Reacting!?

I am doing a Canna/Perlite Hempy. I'm probably 8 or 9 weeks in flowering an Sativa Hybrid bagseed Jesus OG supposedly. Anyway, I started flushing a week and a half ago, and didn't water yesterday in prep to put it in dark last night to start 36 - 48hr darkness before harvest. Trich's were primarily cloudy, some clear, handful amber. Anyway, read some more threads on when to harvest and got second thoughts, and figured it could go probably go another 2 week or so. So I took it out of darkness after 14hrs and hit it with MaxiBloom ~1/2 tsp per gal. Later, I was doing a little visit and noticed little white dots on leaves! Fuck yeah....freaking spider mites, not 3hrs after I just nuted them. (Yep, my bad, should have prevented better, 1st infestation.) So, I'm researching various Forums trying to find a solution this late in flowering, AND right after I just fed them.

First, I just removed them from my tent and put them outside on the back porch in the dark with 100% Humidity right now. I plan on leaving them outside overnight. Was this a mistake? Am I inviting more critters? Probably should have done that in hindsight, that was my over reaction. Hope I don't cause bud rot because of 1 night in high humidity.

So, I think these are my limited options and I don't really like any of them.
1) Just spray them with a H2O2 and water solution, maybe with ISO, Dawn Ultra and just hold them off as long as I can while re-flushing again? And harvest after a week?
2) Purchase an off the shelf product. SNS-207, Onyx, whatever else, but fight and let them mature for the full 2-3 weeks.
3) I have small perpetual going. No Pest Strip them and just let do their thing harvest whenever they are fully mature.

Other suggestions?
timmyz is offline Quote

Old 07-02-2017, 06:23 AM #222
GET MO
Registered Med User

GET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyz View Post
I am doing a Canna/Perlite Hempy. I'm probably 8 or 9 weeks in flowering an Sativa Hybrid bagseed Jesus OG supposedly. Anyway, I started flushing a week and a half ago, and didn't water yesterday in prep to put it in dark last night to start 36 - 48hr darkness before harvest. Trich's were primarily cloudy, some clear, handful amber. Anyway, read some more threads on when to harvest and got second thoughts, and figured it could go probably go another 2 week or so. So I took it out of darkness after 14hrs and hit it with MaxiBloom ~1/2 tsp per gal. Later, I was doing a little visit and noticed little white dots on leaves! Fuck yeah....freaking spider mites, not 3hrs after I just nuted them. (Yep, my bad, should have prevented better, 1st infestation.) So, I'm researching various Forums trying to find a solution this late in flowering, AND right after I just fed them.

First, I just removed them from my tent and put them outside on the back porch in the dark with 100% Humidity right now. I plan on leaving them outside overnight. Was this a mistake? Am I inviting more critters? Probably should have done that in hindsight, that was my over reaction. Hope I don't cause bud rot because of 1 night in high humidity.

So, I think these are my limited options and I don't really like any of them.
1) Just spray them with a H2O2 and water solution, maybe with ISO, Dawn Ultra and just hold them off as long as I can while re-flushing again? And harvest after a week?
2) Purchase an off the shelf product. SNS-207, Onyx, whatever else, but fight and let them mature for the full 2-3 weeks.
3) I have small perpetual going. No Pest Strip them and just let do their thing harvest whenever they are fully mature.

Other suggestions?
No 100% humidity unless u want moldy buds! No nothing, kill um with your hands for a week or so while u flush then harvest and clean before next run.
GET MO is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:09 PM #223
Sativan

Sativan has a spectacular aura aboutSativan has a spectacular aura aboutSativan has a spectacular aura aboutSativan has a spectacular aura about
I considered using them but read the warning on the label and decided to get rid of the fungus gnats a different way.
Sativan is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:15 AM #224
Mr.Hades
infection

Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature
Mr.Hades has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Hades has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Hades has a spectacular aura about
Hey Chimera! Good link. Glad to see this subject is actually being looked into!

*Learning
*Teaching
*Growing

Overgrow mofos hit me up! ^_^
Mr.Hades is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 10:11 PM #225
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GET MO View Post
No 100% humidity unless u want moldy buds! No nothing, kill um with your hands for a week or so while u flush then harvest and clean before next run.
Get Mo has it correct.

Along with spraying everything down (after harvest) with water and isopropyl alcohol, you can pest strip the empty room, before your next grow.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 09:26 PM #226
mctasty

mctasty will become famous soon enoughmctasty will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
you can pest strip the empty room, before your next grow.
That is what I do most times, just leave it in the room for a few days no plants, then bag it back up and move plants in.
mctasty is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2019, 04:19 PM #227
Bjorn to farm.

Bjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the rough
I used one and now I’m bug free.
Bjorn to farm. is offline Quote