Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Women's Forum > Smoking weed while pregnant?

Thread Title Search
Smoking weed while pregnant? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM #21
Euphrates
The Future just begun on the Dark Side of the Sun

Euphrates has a spectacular aura aboutEuphrates has a spectacular aura aboutEuphrates has a spectacular aura aboutEuphrates has a spectacular aura about
I retract my last statement a bit.( I don’t want to spread any disinformation) I think it’s hard to say for sure (100%) what the effects may be, if any; but after reading some more on the subject, there are a lot of case’s of mothers smoking cannabis while pregnant and having normal children. Anxiety and stress are not good for the child/fetus, and if consuming cannabis reduces that, then smoking/consuming cannabis may out weigh, if any, harm done by consuming cannabis to the child.

Mother’s who are addicted to cigarettes while pregnant are often told by doctor’s (not all) to cut down, but not to completely quit to lessen any stress that may effect the child. An Smoking cannabis is a lot safer than tobacco. I say if by quitting smoking/consuming cannabis would negatively effect the mother by adding stress/anxiety, then it may be best not to quit completely, but I believe a good idea to cut back.

An the fact that it is properly cultivated herb(I am assuming, this is Icmag), and not paraquat beasters or shwag, is in good favor of it being safe/er.
Euphrates is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 AM #22
mistaman
Banned

mistaman will become famous soon enough
youre selling that casey jones to a preggo? WTF let me in on that shit lol
mistaman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:59 PM #23
Bobby Stainless
"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"

Bobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGal View Post
Bobby, you are asking for trouble! Stay out of it. It's none of your business! Refuse to hook em up if it bothers you.

Ever hear of "kill the messenger"? You can't win this one!
WTF! I am not "in it". I do not "hook" her up either. She is a female friend of my female friend, and it aggravated me that she was smoking. I find it irresponsible.

Babba: I here you on the vape, but don't have one. At least it was organic pot.

I just wanted to get my facts straight.
In all my time, I have learned that the "key", is as simple as "dedication". When you decide that you are going to go for something, and you don't let anything stand in your way, you open the door for great things to happen. And once you have made it that far, after having known what things look like from the bottom, you may find that the view from the top, is that much sweeter.
Bobby Stainless is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 PM #24
Bobby Stainless
"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"

Bobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaman View Post
youre selling that casey jones to a preggo? WTF let me in on that shit lol
LMAO!

I don't sell to her. In fact, if I knew she was going to smoke with us, I would have waited.

I am a sucker for little kids, especially little babies!
In all my time, I have learned that the "key", is as simple as "dedication". When you decide that you are going to go for something, and you don't let anything stand in your way, you open the door for great things to happen. And once you have made it that far, after having known what things look like from the bottom, you may find that the view from the top, is that much sweeter.
Bobby Stainless is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 PM #25
Quentin

Quentin will become famous soon enoughQuentin will become famous soon enough
IF the Casey Jones is phukin you up then the preggas chicky is gonna get wasted and you have to wear some of the responsibility. IF no CJ was around then that baby may have a normal start in life.Not coming down on anyone but its a fact to be considered.
Healthy and natural is the way for a happy pregnancy.
Quentin is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 PM #26
tRuKemist
living to be happy

tRuKemist will become famous soon enoughtRuKemist will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
IF the Casey Jones is phukin you up then the preggas chicky is gonna get wasted and you have to wear some of the responsibility. IF no CJ was around then that baby may have a normal start in life.Not coming down on anyone but its a fact to be considered.
Healthy and natural is the way for a happy pregnancy.
Organic Casey Jones sounds just as healthy and natural as ummmmmm breast milk! Lol I definitely wouldn't feed it to the kid, but you know what I mean...
Support Your Local 420
~~Pipehitters Union~~
THC & CBD R Good 4 U!
Your Government is Lying!

My DIY LST Techniques (With Pics)

The Union Movie: The Business Behind Getting High
tRuKemist is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 09:03 PM #27
Marlo
Wall of Famer

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
QUESTION

I am the father of two beautiful, happy, healthy children. Their mother rarely smokes, but I'm sure she had a couple drinks before she knew about the pregnancy. I might have pressured her into a brownie or 2...But as soon as we knew she was prego, she was clean as a whistle.

Now hopefully this won't stir up too much shit but,

My question to all of you who approve of this is...
Would you pass the bong to an infant? Would you give your 6 months old a shotgun of some bomb Casey? Would you put a hash brownie in your 2 yr olds lunchbox?

There is absolutely no difference.

You smoke bomb Casey while your prego and so does ya lil bundle of joy.

Now we are all adults here, so you do what you please. I pass judgement on no one.

I need some of that Casey my damn self!!

Whats good H3aD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPB View Post
The purpose was to metaphorically stack the deck with the best possible hand in the plants corner, so when we simply mimic rain, the plant can go all in.

NSPB Full Life Formula

Marlo is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 PM #28
Lapides
Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler

Lapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant futureLapides has a brilliant future
I'm almost 100% sure my girlfriend's mom smoked while she was pregnant with her. She is 100% fine. Beautiful, smart, has all her fingers, went to a good university.

Another friend of mine smoked during her whole pregnancy. Kids are fine.

One of the posters above mentioned something about a study done in Jamaica. I read that too, and the study showed that the kids whose mothers smoked, were more well behaved and did better in school.

Recycling Dirt Is Ridiculously Easy

The LEDs That Are Changing the Game
You can't stop me. I'm like a weed. I might disappear for a moment or two, but I will pop up somewhere else and will never stop growing.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Lapides is offline Quote

Old 04-07-2009, 12:59 AM #29
Amber Trich

Amber Trich is just really niceAmber Trich is just really niceAmber Trich is just really niceAmber Trich is just really niceAmber Trich is just really niceAmber Trich is just really niceAmber Trich is just really niceAmber Trich is just really nice
My opinion is that smoking herb during pregnancy can be much healthier than the alternatives. Prescriptions are dangerous and cannabis is a whole herb. I know what I trust. Not all herbs can be used during pregnancy, cannabis can induce labor late in pregnancy but studies do not show use during pregnancy is dangerous.

I think it is a lot of propaganda. Its been done safely for a long time. Cigs, coke, alcohol, heroin.. it seems like those drugs have easily traceable negative effects on fetus'. Cannabis has been used much longer with out real negative findings!!

Also a stressed out or sick mama is NEVER good for a fetus.

Please read for yourself, these are links that have been posted by stormcrow in the past...

https://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...is_myth7.shtml

https://www.rism.org/isg/dlp/ganja/an...njaBabyes.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...t_uids=3657756

https://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/...can-babies.htm

https://www.thehempire.com/index.php/...ighs_than_lows

https://www.nel.edu/pdf_/25_12/NEL251204A01_Fride_.pdf

https://ccrmg.org/journal/06spr/dreher.html#morning

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:48 AM #30
LLCoolBud
Bong Jedi

LLCoolBud will become famous soon enoughLLCoolBud will become famous soon enough
I agree with that the mental state of the mother is a very important factor in pregnancy. I think it should be fine for mothers to a a small drink here or a little toke here but any regular consistent use will pass on to the babys blood stream. A relative of mine could not get preggers without medication and I don't think that's healthy at all and the baby suffers.

So natural over chemical, and good vibes are key to a chillin baby. IMO

Bud Report's
AK-48
Unknown"Purple Pot"

.::Proud member of the Autoflower Social Group::.
LLCoolBud is offline Quote