You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > Northern Lights

Thread Title Search
Northern Lights Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2005, 02:14 AM #1

Northern Lights

Hiya all!
Thanx to FemaleSeeds I've got some feminized Northern Lights to try out and smoke out! Thanx again F!
I've never grown Northern Lights before or a feminized seed. I smoked Northern Lights once many moons ago in Germany and it stood out as a spectacular high. Other than that, I've got a little experience under my wing and a nicely controlled environment for the ladies so this should go smoothly.
For the first go-round, I've got four that have soaked, popped tails, and should go into the peat pellets later on tonight. 4/4 Germ with two of them popping tails while soaking! Go Baby!

Start to Finish run-down:
They'll start out in peat pellets then into small pots filled with 100% Coco Coir. They'll be in 100% Coco Coir for the entire grow. They'll be under 32W CFLs for this stage. From there they'll go to the main box where they'll veg under an aircooled 400W MH. That's where the fun begins. Since they're female, and I'm no hermie-phobe :wink: , I'll be SCROGging the best two out of the four. If there's room, maybe I'll keep another but the other will definitely be going to a friend. For flower I'll switch out the MH lamp and pop in my 360W HPS conversion bulb. At flower set, in goes a homemade air-cooled Kooltube 250W HPS to round out with 600+ Watts of light. As always with my grows, I may do a little experimenting and trying out new things, but nothing spectacular as I'd like to give a consistent grow. For nutes at the moment I'll be using FloraNova Grow instead of Canna Coco A/B that I normally use.
To those watching, thanx for the constructive criticism/remarks/comments/advice/holla's!!
Peace
CheebaCheeba!

Old 04-12-2005, 07:43 PM #2
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Have a good one Chebacheeba!!!

Your seeds are coming from our latest NL-batch. NL has always been a medium producer of outstanding quality-bud. Excelent smell, taste and extremly strong.
When we tested out this batch, 1 out of 10 had fluffy stretchy buds, but there was nothing wrong with the taste, so we decided to launch this batch.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:42 PM #3

Ok, I'm really embarassed about this. I decided to let the tails get a little length on them before putting them in the peat pellets. I let them go overnight. Overnight, the heat in my germing area got out of control and fried all of them. Unexplainable, as I've done tons of germinations in the exact same place, yet when I checked them the next day the entire paper towel was brown and dry. Not to mention those poor little babies. No fault on FemaleSeeds except for picking a goof-ball to test out the seeds.
Good news is that F sent enough seeds that I can try it again. So, I've been testing my germing area with a small remote LaCrosse weather station to figure out when and why that's happened for the past few days. No explanation still, but also no recurrences so I'll be restarting this experience this weekend. Sorry F, shouldn't happen again.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:05 PM #4
Dr. D

Dr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear about them frying...iv done it myself with good genetics...good luck with round 2...

To fathom hell or soar angelic
Just take a pinch of psychedelic
Humphrey Osmond
Dr. D is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2005, 05:35 PM #5
tokinjoe

tokinjoe will become famous soon enough
Oh man....Good luck with round 2!! I'm definately signing on for this one...
tokinjoe is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2005, 08:03 PM #6
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Just try it again, it happens to us sometimes too, that's why we never recommend the paper towel-method, it dries out to quick.

Old 05-28-2005, 08:06 AM #7

Well I ran into some snafus and procrastinated for awhile and finally have popped some more of the Northern Lights. Soaked four and germed them in a much better controlled situation and popped them into coco a few days ago. They've all popped and have their first set of leaves! Still not out of harms way as I tend to the most plant murdering in the first two weeks. No pics yet, but so far things are going just fine!

Old 05-28-2005, 08:34 AM #8
tokinjoe

tokinjoe will become famous soon enough
Actually the paper towel method does very well if you use a humidity dome....
tokinjoe is offline Quote

Old 05-28-2005, 08:38 AM #9

LOL Don't I know it. That's how they were done this time. Added a seedling heat mat to the bottom and everything went smooth as silk.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:21 AM #10
mrwags
********* Female Seeds

mrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud ofmrwags has much to be proud of
Hearty Beans

Gentlemen,

You will find 100% rates by putting in a shot glass overnight to sprout tails (with the NL maybe 2 nights) once you see tail place them in rapid rooters and then in to a humidity dome with a HEATED mat. You can get these off of E-bay cheaper but to show you what to get:

https://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=HH300

https://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=SSSP306

I have had 100 % success with this method for the last 2 runs. My gallery shows results and you will find this to be the best 45.00 you will ever spend. Besides growing with female seeds that I must say do PROVE to be all female!

Mr.Wags

So the idea of spreading the love is the disease and making sure it's done is the cure TY all for allowing me to get my treatment
mrwags is offline Quote