Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Hermie-phobia

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Hermie-phobia Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2005, 07:10 PM #21

I have grown the FMS grapefruit twice now with no hermies and lovely plants. I have the cinnimon getting ready for the great outdoors and expect great results also.

I also have widowrella, c99 and jack herrer waiting in the wings. To date, I am one happy camper with FMS products.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:23 PM #22
Harry Gypsna
Dirty hippy Bastard

Location: Outside BodyShop, with a Tin Whistle and a dog on a piece of string
Harry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant future
Ouch....that shouting hurts my ear Phatpockets...... Ive found breeders are quite happy to hear a bit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, your post was a shining example of how not to do it IMO, ....Are you certain all your conditions wrere perfect??? Ive had a couple of light leaks and even rock solid gen's(from Regular seeds) can succumb to a bit of lady-boy-ism if subjected to stress of any kind. you didnt even mention the strain, just came in shouting with vague accusations against the owner of this website.
In closing I say this.....
Dont let the door hit ur arse on the way out!

Old 06-09-2005, 11:32 PM #23
Bigmone357
Banned

Bigmone357 will become famous soon enoughBigmone357 will become famous soon enough
HEHEHE
Bigmone357 is offline Quote

Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 PM #24
groactor

groactor is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down The big issue: hermaphrodite encounter

female seeds says in 2007:Your highest concern is: what’s the chance of hermaphrodites?
... All of our seed batches are tested for hermie’s before they are released on the market. Seed batches which have proven to be unreliable are destroyed. Deviations which are uncommon, but possible in female seeds are a few (mostly sterile) male first flowers on the stem of a female plant. After removal of these few balls, the plant will grow into a full female. Hence 99% female seeds. So, what is the chance of you getting a male flower? It’s like the chance of getting involved in an accident whilst driving your car, there is a tiny chance of coming across a male flower in female seeds.
To be on the safe side people these days wear seatbelts to protect themselves during an accident. We would also like to recommend growers to protect themselves from being unfortunate enough to come across a male flower. Therefore our recommendations are to always watch the stem of your plants in the first few weeks of flowering. For some strains the chance of a male pre-flower is lower with a longer vegetation period, while other strains are not susceptible to this at all. Each strain states a reliability rate to advise you on the chances of a male flower in that strain. (see strain descriptions) Taking these kind of precautions, besides your usual input will guarantee you a successful and happy grow. And by being fully informed this way, will give you more confidence in working with female seeds.

I SAY:IS THIS THE CURE FOR HERMIPHOBIA? STANDING BY FOR A PLANT TO PRODUCE UNWANTED MALE FLOWERS AND REMOVING EACH BALL WHEN SHOWING UP? ARE YOU GUYS INSANE?
groactor is offline Quote

Old 08-16-2007, 04:32 PM #25
zenaj

zenaj is on a distinguished road
bla,bla.bla
use regular seeds if you dont trust them

i had hermies (few inocent bananas).but nothing hapend becouse i remove them or thej didnt even developed.

cant wait for restock

go FS team,go FS team,go FS team
zenaj is offline Quote

Old 08-17-2007, 12:26 PM #26
gobik

gobik is on a distinguished road
Cool

Right,use regular seeds and go for your hermie-free and trouble free best pheno clone. Just take your favourite cutting and develop a mother plant: nobody needs crap female seeds!
gobik is offline Quote

Old 08-17-2007, 03:45 PM #27
djay

djay has disabled reputation
Yeah thats right plant ya unfemmed seeds then wait till they show sex and mature so like 3-6 weeks of veg then take cuttings and and grow them till they are ready to flower say another 3 weeks of veg then flower them for say 7-9weeks+ so in that time a person with female seeds could of had 1 grow out the way and another on the go ....

i know which one id choose but hey its your choice , and the

"SAY:IS THIS THE CURE FOR HERMIPHOBIA? STANDING BY FOR A PLANT TO PRODUCE UNWANTED MALE FLOWERS AND REMOVING EACH BALL WHEN SHOWING UP? ARE YOU GUYS INSANE?"

no its like any plant femmed or unfemm you still have to watch out for hermies as stress light leaks the works can cause this in any plant but no doubt you no that as you use CAPS TO SHOUT.... nobody forces you to buy them so troll on somewhere else
djay is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 AM #28
macassa420

I,m never growing Female Seeds mix again. One hermie ruined my whole crop.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:51 PM #29
djay

djay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by macassa420
I,m never growing Female Seeds mix again. One hermie ruined my whole crop.

Yawn use regular seeds then or learn to watch for nanas not that you get hermies out of normal seed stock oh no ........
djay is offline Quote

Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 PM #30
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant future
Has anyone got any experience of breeding from a feminised seed? Were all the off spring healthy? What percentage of male/female can be expected after using a normal male to breed with a feminsied female? These are the areas that would worry me, rather than the hermie issue which seems to be more strain than fem/normal dependent.

Copyrights on all photographic work are reserved
GMT is offline Quote