Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Hermie-phobia

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Hermie-phobia Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 PM #121
Danksmith

Danksmith is just really niceDanksmith is just really niceDanksmith is just really niceDanksmith is just really niceDanksmith is just really niceDanksmith is just really niceDanksmith is just really niceDanksmith is just really niceDanksmith is just really nice
I think it's important for everyone to remember that the herm is a natural survival tactic in cannibus regardless of gender influence... All plant have herm in the genetics, the question is how much stress a given cut can take before going into survival mode(herm)...

I think fem seeds have gotten a bad rap as of late... Many many fem seeds don't herm... However, I have to consider the implications of using seeds that were made using pollen taken from an actively herming female.. I can only assume if breeding/pollen chucking reg pollen would be best. But that doesn't mean someone who's just growing meds will have problems with fem seeds...

My Two cents..
TGIF!

Old 10-28-2012, 02:12 AM #122
seņorsloth

seņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really niceseņorsloth is just really nice
Quote:
I think it's important for everyone to remember that the herm is a natural survival tactic in cannibus regardless of gender influence... All plant have herm in the genetics, the question is how much stress a given cut can take before going into survival mode(herm)...
ya herming is natural in the wild and then breeders are supposed to intentionally stress their stock and select ones that don't respond by hermying, the more often you do it the more hermie resistant your stock becomes.

feminized seeds are not bad, femaleseeds is the only company who's feminized seeds hermie for me, and ive run several feminized seed, however after buying their shiesty genetics i don't buy feminized from anybody anymore...as much as i like the one plant i got from 2 pack of their seeds i know i still have to get rid of it and try to find an identical one from a breeder that actually knows what they are doing, because i am not going to make my own personal crosses with a plant that hermies every single time, no matter how dialed in they are, and how perfectly light proof my grow is(which it is). i only get like 3-5 seeds per ounce but they started with good stock bred by real breeders! strong stock! and they managed to bastardize it...
seņorsloth is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 PM #123
berlinweed
"Better Call Saul!"

berlinweed will become famous soon enoughberlinweed will become famous soon enough
Today I checked my 3 iced grapefruit seedplants and one showed lots of pollen sacks. My fault I did not check earlier as I am in day 30 of the bloom phase.
I sprayed them together with other plants with dutchmaster reverse (plus penetrator) on day seven and 10 days later again so I felt safe. I could allready see seeds developing so this is not a good reputation for female seeds and dutchmaster too.

This is my second time I am using female seeds and I am done with them allready. First time I popped two sensistar and one was a hermie. Had clones of the plant and all three showed bananas the other one didnīt. Next to them were 5 white russian plants from serious seeds (regular) and not a single pollensack or banana.

Of course I have had hermies with regular seeds before (f.e. mazar i sharif free seeds from the bou) but when buying female seeds I do not expect this to happen.

On the other hand the other two iced garpefruit plants are incredible strong growing plants! I have never had such a good root system. So I hope they will turn out nice and I can hold one as a mother plant. The clones I have taken were showing roots after 8 days in coco.

But even if I will find a nice mother...no more feminised seeds for me again.

Just my
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sensistar 1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	192044 Click image for larger version

Name:	sensistar 2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	192045 Click image for larger version

Name:	icedgrapefruit1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	192046 Click image for larger version

Name:	icedgrapefruit2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	192047 Click image for larger version

Name:	roots.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	192048

Click image for larger version

Name:	seeds.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	192049

Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 PM #124
bigAl25

bigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to allbigAl25 is a name known to all
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have not had hermie issues with my fem Nirvana seeds(AK48, bubblelicious, blue mystic and snow white. I have had hermie issues with female seeds(C99HY, and WW/BB). I have some female seeds fem AK47 and bubblegum in storage, but I am now adverse to growing them out. That's why I took advantage of Nirvana's weekend special on bubblelicious a few weeks back.
bigAl25 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 AM #125
smithsutton

smithsutton will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Female Seeds View Post
After reading posts about many growers being unsure whether to try Female Seeds or not (because of doubts), we'd like to tell about Hermie-phobia.

What is hermiphobia? you may ask.. :smile:

Hermiphobia is a scary contagious mental disease spreading amongst growers. It was caused initially by the courageous ones trying out the first available feminised seeds on the market. Unfortunately, after spending a horrendous amount of money on these seeds, they often turned out to be hermies, which ruined the whole grow. And obviously resulted into the worst possible case of hermiphobia possible! Symptoms of the disease could range from; rage , guilt, depression, suspicion, fights , devorcement and what not!!
Poor guys/girls...

Thankfully times have changed, developments have improved the quality of feminised/female seeds all over. And new courageous ones are more than willing to try these seeds.
However, once one has been struck by hermiphobia in the past, it is often still incubated within the body and will strike out again whenever the patient reads anything about female/feminised seeds. Whenever anyone asks about female/feminised seeds, the hermiphobia infested grower will tell all about his bad experiences in the past, thus putting off new applicants and spreading the disease once again - even though the newly infected growers have actually no experience with the newly developed feminised/female seeds at all them selves. The infection takes over, and they too have not a positive thing to say about the seeds.

And so this treacherous disease spreads and spreads.
Still, as always, there is a little light in this whole sad story! As there does seem an existence of a very few whom seem to be resistant to this disease somehow and still go ahead with trying feminised/female seeds and get great results!
I say Amen to these strong warriors!!!

As for the unfortunate ones who are badly infected one way or the other, there is only one cure: try and try again!!! Take a step on the wild side. Be strong, courageous and have faith…
There are plenty of great feminised/female seeds available on the market today, so just give it a go!!

So, are you infected with hermie-phobia? Cause we really want to help you!!

ok with all this being said can u direct us uninformed .. tell us the recipie for success .. enviroment ect .. in detail please .. laymens terms or not ..

thanks ss ..

ahh the bangger (~shabang~) hes gone but not forgotten .. peace where ever u are brother ..
smithsutton is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 PM #126
skunkfunk

skunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the rough
All strains I've grown from female seeds have never hermied on me.

Ice....stressed by temp fluctuations....came out fine, no hermie's
Grapefruit.....grown in good conditions ( not optimal ), no hermie's
Extreme Indica XLine.....good conditions, a few stress's ( got badly root bound )....no hermie's.

Conclusion ...... Very good feminized seeds, even though I still grow regular seed too.

Last edited by skunkfunk; 12-03-2012 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: Post badly laid out
skunkfunk is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:42 PM #127
Dr Watt
Who What

Dr Watt will become famous soon enoughDr Watt will become famous soon enough
Cool Loquacious Thread fo sho

WWBB 4 Plants 2xtight bud 2xbb

3 out of 4 plants full female.

1 plant, the bigger BigBud, that rooted and grew early, had some nanners few weeks into 12/12 that made a seed here or there. Now at week 7 it is big and needs to put on weight, change watering schedule and it seems to be slowing, but there are incidental nanners mainly at the tops in the stronger light and ends of limbs.

I did have 1 clone mother and 1 backup clone of this WWBB1 but Dr Watt doesn't deal with loss as an ongoing saga. These 2 'backups' have been destroyed (chagrin). So, I have read this thread, some loquacious types as pointed out twice : 75% are full female NO PROBLEMO.

I lost my WWBB2 pheno (tight wide fast) mother cutting and so (monicle dropping) I WILL REGENERATE THE FLOWERED MOTHER EN TOTAL und a CUT OF THE SAME PLANT

Who ? What ?

Dr Watt

Old 01-08-2019, 01:54 PM #128
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hello Dr Watt,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and sorry to hear about that WWxBB with few nanners.
So basically you pulled out some of the nanners when they first appeared or not? But some of these nanners also already poduced seeds?

I can tell you that 8-10 weeks into flowering stage nana’s may appear, they don’t spread pollen. You should leave alone otherwise pollen will be spread but still, if they do spread pollen, is too late for seed production anyway. It is a survival mechanism of the plant.
The WW x BB sometimes does make a few male bananas towards the end of the flowering cycle, but this has absolutely no influence on the plants, as you realised already actually.

But your experience is a bit different as the nanners and the seeds appeared much earlier than what normally happens. Anyhow, from what you say, it seems like you had some more nanners but that they are not influencing the development of the plant.

Thanks once more for sharing, much appreciated.

Wish you all the best with your future grow and for your 2019.

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Watt View Post
WWBB 4 Plants 2xtight bud 2xbb

3 out of 4 plants full female.

1 plant, the bigger BigBud, that rooted and grew early, had some nanners few weeks into 12/12 that made a seed here or there. Now at week 7 it is big and needs to put on weight, change watering schedule and it seems to be slowing, but there are incidental nanners mainly at the tops in the stronger light and ends of limbs.

I did have 1 clone mother and 1 backup clone of this WWBB1 but Dr Watt doesn't deal with loss as an ongoing saga. These 2 'backups' have been destroyed (chagrin). So, I have read this thread, some loquacious types as pointed out twice : 75% are full female NO PROBLEMO.

I lost my WWBB2 pheno (tight wide fast) mother cutting and so (monicle dropping) I WILL REGENERATE THE FLOWERED MOTHER EN TOTAL und a CUT OF THE SAME PLANT

Who ? What ?

Dr Watt

Old 01-13-2019, 09:25 PM #129
Dr Watt
Who What

Lightbulb Big Bud Pheno

Here is the BigBud pheno at 9wks. It took something to stop it continuing to grow and start to mature - maybe it would have matured anyway w/o punitive action.

As you can see from the pictures the resin is well developed - another 2 weeks might increase weight and some more resin, it's pretty good now

The odour of the plant is very very mild - definitely a stealth pheno this grow. Rubbing the resin doesn't release any more smell. I expect the smoke to be enjoyable.

Regard to bananas, taking these photos, I spotted one but it looks infertile to me (withered)...... apparently spraying with water ruins pollen - so there's a tip for visiting readers.

Okay, general readership and, of course, Female Seeds >>> some pictures :

Little banana atop this cola

Quite thin and long stalks on resin this grow

Letting this one get real yellow. Looks 6oz but I reckon it will be 4oz - still a producer comparatively.

Who What

Old 01-18-2019, 02:31 PM #130
Dr Watt
Who What

Arrow Big Bud and GolfBall ?

Well, it's only been 4 days, and I have cropped this BigBud pheno @10wks. Two things, my estimate of yield has increased to 5oz. The next is that the resin has increased in size and certainly had many fully formed resin heads @ 9wks or earlier. Due to low odor I've prolonged flowering to up the resin potency and taste - I rekcon it will have background flavour of banana
BB

BB

Three other plants did great with Pheno2 (golf ball pheno ?) weighed in at 47g of solid nugs - that is good for this grow.

Golfy@5wks

I'm also currently smoking Autowwbb which is also good.