I'm Back !!
How about some general set up info consolidated into one spot? (some of this will be or is repeated)
The room is 9 wide x 13 long. I split this down the middle to make a Veg / Mother room of 6 x 9 and a Bloom room of 7 x 9. The ceilings are 12 feet high !
so I came up with the idea of two levels. (Stacked). This basically doubles the entire growing area.(see photo in first post)
Every single structural item in "The Cave" was build from scratch. The whole room was an empty shell with open stud walls, no plumbing to the back area, no electric, insulation, lights or anything. The entire operation needed to be built inside the shell of 4 shitty looking walls and a ceiling. (90% of all growing systems are DIY as well, Ventilation, hydro tables, aeroponics, etc.)
Ya just gotta have vision !!
1) Veg contains all mothers, clones, and pre-flower.
2) Veg also contains a work area with a sink, water hose, drawers holding supplies, cabinets, shelving, reference materials, record keeping, etc.
3) Lighting is 800 watts total for mothers on a flood and drain table that is 6x3 x 6 feet tall. I use coco for my mothers a I flood 1 time per day at lights on. Lights run at 18/6.
4) Pre-Flower is STACKED over top of the Mother cabinet and is 4 feet by 3 feet. I use a DIY Aeromist type system. Each unit will hold 50 clones for pre-flowering and I have 2 unit for a total of 100 Pre-Flowers.
5) Lighting in Pre-Flower is 400 watts of MH running 18/6 on a light mover. The addition of the light mover made a HUGE difference in the quality of clones heading into bloom.
6) Clones are also stacked over mothers and is 2'w x 3'h. This cabinet holds 200 clones. I usually only cut 100 to 125 though. There are two shelves in this cabinet. Each shelf has thermostat controlled heat mats and its own lights. I run my clone lighting at 24/0 until rooted the switch to 18/6.
7) The space above cloning cabinet is reserved for ventilation equipment the services all 3 cabinets. (Mothers, Pre-Flowers and Clones)
1)The bloom room can hold up 400 clones for flowering on 4 tables that are 3 foot x 6 foot.(100 per table) The tables are stacked as in the veg room. 2 lower and two upper. (you'll see in a bit) I run DIY Aeroponic type units with 2 inch net cups. Each table is lit by 3 - 600 watt HPS with air vent-able hoods
2)There are 2 air conditioners in the bloom room. 1 portable and 1 through wall. I also have 1 intake fan not including the lighting vent fans.
3) I run the bloom tables on rotation in a SOG set up and harvest every 2 weeks.
4) My wish list includes, a real climate controller (CAP Fuzzy Logic), a water cooled propane CO2 burner. A MO Betta dehumidifa (the one i use sucks)
Here is a quick run down of my 2 week schedule:Every 2 weeks I:
Harvest a bloom table, Move pre_flowers to that harvested table, move rooted clones to Pre-Flower, take 125 clones. All this DOES NOT happen in one days time. It might be one day or more for each of those items. On top of that is the weekly, daily, hourly maintenance of the entire operation.
Its a freakin 24/7 job and requires constant attention.
Shall we continue our tour?
Standing in the doorway to "The Cave" you would see the Veg area and to the left of that is the Bloom Room door.This is the partition wall I built, splitting the whole area in half to create the 2 rooms.
Welcome to the Bloom Room:
As I said earlier, I am in the middle of a transition and the room is NOT running with its normal set up right now. The Rain-Forest and small aero tub you see are temporary. I need to flower my mothers and this let me do it. Normally you would see a 3 x 6 table to the right.
And again:(tall shot)
Enter room and look left: Table 1
Same Table, looking back towards the Veg Room: This 1/2 of table 1
Entering the Bloom Room and looking right: Again......this side is a temporary set up during my transition
Normally it would be a 3x6 table:
Same Table After a change I made last night
This table contains AK47, Chronic, Mandala #1, White Widow and some sort of diesel freebie. Like I said before.......I'm looking for another mother.
This shot brings us full circle to the very first picture in the thread. Now you know how I get to this room. Its a Panoramic shot I made by splicing 2 photos together. Its not as cramped in there as the photo makes it look.
But wait........Don't leave..........There's more !!!