Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > CANNABIS TIME CAPSULE

Thread Title Search
CANNABIS TIME CAPSULE Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2019, 11:14 PM #31
CannaRed

CannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to behold
I know it would be impossible to list the name of every person arrested for cannabis ( like I said in my previous post), but maybe a list of stats of cannabis arrests.
Of course activists should be honored for their fight but also the ones that kept the trade alive.

I'd like to propose a plaque or statue representing the "unknown heroes of war on drugs". Something akin to the unknown soldier representing the untold stories of brave men and women of the drug war.
Untold soldierd of the drug war.
Too many of us have had our lives ruined by cannabis laws. Laws are supposed to protect us from harm. Not bring harm from the "protectors".
CannaRed is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:18 AM #32
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
I know it would be impossible to list the name of every person arrested for cannabis ( like I said in my previous post), but maybe a list of stats of cannabis arrests.
Of course activists should be honored for their fight but also the ones that kept the trade alive.

I'd like to propose a plaque or statue representing the "unknown heroes of war on drugs". Something akin to the unknown soldier representing the untold stories of brave men and women of the drug war.
Untold soldierd of the drug war.
Too many of us have had our lives ruined by cannabis laws. Laws are supposed to protect us from harm. Not bring harm from the "protectors".
it would really suck to find out that you were the last casualty in a senseless war. but if it would end the war, then i volunteer.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:35 AM #33
Pinball Wizard
Senior Boomer

Pinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivor
Smile

Where is this going to be buried?... prefer some place where the aliens can find it!
Pinball Wizard is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 04:41 AM #34
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
Pinball Wizard, it will get buried in the North Dakota Badlands. It will be on some lake property I have. Otherwise I don't know how to insure it's security into the next generation or so. Grandchildren could sale the placeor it could be plundered if marked. Unmarked and let eons pass. At some point in time it will resurface. My hope is my efforts with much help from others. Will hopefully be appreciated generations from now. It will be the oldest school weed in the world.
I like the sound of that! Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 04:54 AM #35
Dankwolf

Dankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
Hello my icmag friends.
I am looking to hear your opinions and thoughts on what should be in a cannabis time capsule.
In recent stories I have read. Several ancient burial sites have been found with cannabis and seeds inside of them. While the plants were ceremonial there wasn't any attempt at preserving them.

With today's technology the ability to preserve genetics long term is greatly improved over ancient times. Ways to preserve???
Our culture should also be included. I'm thinking about Pink Floyd and Bob Marley albums , Cheech and Chong movies. What else???

I plan to use a casket vault or similar container. I will bury the vault in the spring of 2020.

What would you like to see in an ancient hippie stash?
What genetics should be included?

What items should be a cultural symbol?
I have a year to get it together. Please share what you would leave?
What types of cultures will exist in a thousand years? Is this a bad idea and a waste of money and time?
Peace MedDakotabis
I have some,original none molested Thai seeds from mid 70s to include . not many but I could part with 5 or so lol . been holding them awile there down to 5 % viability any way .

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.
Dankwolf is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 07:01 AM #36
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball Wizard View Post
Where is this going to be buried?... prefer some place where the aliens can find it! View Image
We should send one to Mars so that at least the pot seeds will survive if an asteroid destroys our planet again. I wonder how much Elon Musk would charge for that, it might be within our price range.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 12:15 PM #37
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
We should send one to Mars so that at least the pot seeds will survive if an asteroid destroys our planet again. I wonder how much Elon Musk would charge for that, it might be within our price range.
that sounds more like an act done for the good of mankind. should be free...that-is-in my price range.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:46 PM #38
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I wouldn't put it past Musk to have a brick in the trunk of the Tesla going intergalactic.

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:33 PM #39
armedoldhippy

Wink

or at least a roach in the ashtray...

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:53 AM #40
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
Dankwolf, thank you for your support and offer. That brings up an interesting point. I hadn't determined for the estimated cost of $25 for a tagged sealed tube. What should be the minimum number of seeds per strain preserved? Most strains I have two packs of.

So it should to some extent depend on the strains. A very rare Landrace strain? 5 seeds donated fine. Ideally I would like to see 20 seed lots. But seeds are expensive! I will graciously and humbly accept all genetics offerings and find a way to make it work. Have a beautiful day my friends. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote