Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Sports and recreation > NFL 2018

Thread Title Search
NFL 2018 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2019, 01:54 PM #461
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
Same here Baba. Then came the sleet which of course sucked.

Pats made it all better tho'.
Hold Your Fire is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:40 PM #462
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to all
Makes sense that any nfl fans in st louis might be cheering for KC now, but i got the sense any hatred they had for the rams move was more directed at the team owner, kroenke. Plus the rams hadnt been good for years when they did move, so maybe by that point they were pretty 'eh' about it.

Haha, Hawk, yeah, it was weird to see some clutch kickers yesterday. Really it was the 4 best kickers in the league, Lutz, Zueurlein, Butker and Gostkowski. That 57 yarder Legatron hit in OT would have been good from 65. Oh, what might have been...

The refereeing definitely seemed strange at times. That rams corner just nailing that saints receiver while the ball was in the air should have been PI and a 1st down: 3 runs and a game ending chip shot FG and the saints would be playing in the superbowl (in atlanta, of all places).
The refs favored the Pats with 4 calls by my count: roughing the passer on brady (he was hit in the shoulder not the head or neck), overturning the fumble on edelman on the punt return (he might not have touched the ball but was it really conclusive?), and 2 disputed catches by hogan where it looked like the ball hit the ground.

Sorry, HYF, but i really wanted to see some other AFC team than the patriots in the superbowl. But give them credit, brady shook off 2 int's and threw for 350 yds, converting crucial 3rd downs all the way. Run game was solid as ever, now with burkhead in the mix it looks almost unstoppable. Both lines playing well, brady was hardly harassed and mahomes couldnt get anything going till the 4th quarter.

We're all going to be rams fans during the superbowl. Well, except for new england fans.
Bababooey is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2019, 04:53 PM #463
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
I guess it's gonna take a team like The Browns to knock off The Pats.... Next year of course....

MrBungle is online now Quote

Old 01-21-2019, 11:29 PM #464
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
Well I disagree about refs fav Pat's. KC had at least 4 absolute pick play (offensive interference) plays that all lead to a couple of td's, the last 1 Bill threw his ipad over lol. The 1 that was total BS was when Hill came off the line and grabbed Jackson to hold him there because play was going to the other side of field. Hill then falls down and they call def interference, meanwhile the other receiver fumbled the ball recovered by Pat's. Oh and all contact was before 5 yards down field.

As for the Edelman play, tv liked to show over and over, the front view which made it look like it hit him. Then other angles, 1 clearly showed no contact right hand, other angle no contact left hand, other angle no contact arm/shoulder.

How about the ticky tac bs PI on the 40 yard sideline play on Jackson..what a joke.

I will admit the roughing the passer was bs, but it was a makeup for the play before when they missed or should I say didn't call the mugging on Edelman.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 02:57 AM #465
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
what a weekend of football!
both games featured the best teams in the nfl and were so evenly matched
/first time in history both playoff games went into ot
regardless of who won, this was a great weekend of football

i hear you ag' about how there were bad calls going every which way this past weekend

while it sucks when a team loses because of bad calls, its part of the game
in addition to penalties, a good case could be made about kc losing because of a coin toss
if anything maybe the league needs to revisit their overtime rules
/if kc had won the toss the game could have had a totally different ending
//i think both teams should get one possession and if its tied after that play another set (one possession each) until someone is unable to answer the other teams score

that carbonara sauce sounds awesome
adding spam sounds like a great idea my man and adds another texture to the pork
I bet you are right and you could just use the whole eggs when making the sauce
im going to have to make that soon here
I pretty much always cook the noodles in the sauce before serving
It lets the noodles soak up some of the sauces flavor and brings everything together in a nice way
I bet mrsChicky would love it
/and of course I will tell her it was baba’ that I heard the recipe from

So only one game left and I bet its going to be a good one
Cant wait for the super bowl

Last edited by pop_rocks; 01-22-2019 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: stoned and added a bunch of /
pop_rocks is online now Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 05:20 AM #466
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
Both teams do get the ball in overtime as long as you don't give up a touchdown. Saints won the coin toss, how did that workout for them.
I like the rule a lot better than the old rule of 1st score wins.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:54 PM #467
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to all
Bungle, 2 years ago that statement would have been laughable. Even i laughed at the browns and the bears were the worst team in the NFC at that point. But now? Yeah, definitely not out of the question.

Bill is somehow a genius football coach but can't master touchscreen technology. And it's an MS Surface, not an ipad. Makes me think if it was an ipad he wouldnt get so frustrated with it.
I'm not sure about all the illegal picks by the chiefs, AG. It's like that old saying, you could call holding on every play if you were analyzing all 22 players in replay.

None of the 4 plays i mentioned were as egregious as the missed PI in the saints game, but any one of them would have resulted in giving the ball back to the chiefs (by punt or turnover). Also, dee ford lining up offsides negated a brady interception with a minute left in the game and the chiefs up by 4.

Maybe it was just missed opportunities, bad calls, whatever, but chiefs just couldnt get it done. Being shut out in the first half hurt them, mahomes taking a sack to take them out of FG range hurt them, mahomes missing damien williams on two long td passes hurt them. Chiefs had their opportunities earlier but showed their inexperience. Just felt bad for andy reid.

Yeah Pop, people were disappointed that mahomes didnt get a chance in overtime, but AG is right, only if the first team gets a FG does the second team get an opportunity to score, if the first team gets a TD it's game over. Happened with the Pats and Atlanta in the superbowl too.

Yeah, the carbonara seems to be part of our regular pasta rotation now, the woman got the idea from a friend of hers and we looked up a few recipes online and gave it a go. Never thought of using raw egg to make a pasta sauce but turned out ok, made me feel adventurous. Hey, look at me folks! I'm Emeril freaking lagasse! Bam!
Bababooey is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 11:07 PM #468
Americangrower

I agree the Saint's non call was over the top. But to say the Pat's got 4 calls is wrong. They got 1 the Roughing the passer.
Edelman didn't touch the ball and review showed it clearly. As for the 2 passes 1 was called incomplete. The other was a catch by todays NFL catch rules.

To say the Pat's got all the calls is crazy. KC didn't get a single PI or holding call even tho Eric Berry was draped all over Gronk all game. KC had 4 penalties all game 2 were offsides, 1 push in the back on punt return, and the roughing the passer.

Ref's call Jackson alone for 3 PI/holding. 1 in the endzone 1 for 40 yards and 1 that was on a play were receiver was blocking him so Kelce could come across field to which he fumbled the ball and magically a late flag came in.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:19 AM #469
Americangrower

only video I could find on 1 of the pick plays (watch #17 just lay out Watkins cover guy).. so you tell me under 3 mins no call 1st and goal from 2 or with penalty 2nd and 25 from their 45. Is that considered a Patriot favorable call?

https://twitter.com/PlaysOfTheWeek/s...ferees-nfc-afc

Old 01-23-2019, 02:26 AM #470
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to all
I've watched football for 35yrx and dont know if I've seen 2 championship games with worse officiating.......damn that was bad. These supposed to be the best officsls. But on another note that was 2 damn good games. The Pats are a different team in January, and they proved it again against the Chiefs. Sometimes you can play perfect and still lose in Jan_Feb against the Pats. And like him or not Tom Brady is the greatest football player and maybe greatest athlete of all time. He's as comfortable playing in the big games as anybody. Just like Montana back in the day Brady is cool and calm under pressure. Just a very exciting weekend of football.

realgorillaclothing.com

WVs Outdoor Critical/Chem grow !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354027

WVs Outdoor RealGorilla strains
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355383
wvkindbud38 is online now Quote