Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Palindrome's Workshop > The Groffice

Thread Title Search
The Groffice Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2019, 09:59 PM #31
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivor
Moved on to make the lits, after I droped something into the res. Now I have my first fix ... ffs im not even halfway done LOL

What the hell, the lits and bottom sheets for the shelves will all need polyester coating as well. So it's not like I am done messing around with that, just sucks to break something I just finished.

Easy access for cleaning, just flip the bottoms up after harvest.
Once coated, they will hold plants for many many years.

Now it's time for a fat joint and a ice cold beer!

Cheers everyone!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:45 AM #32
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Nice clean work Palindrome. I love the use of space.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 02:46 PM #33
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Nice clean work Palindrome. I love the use of space.
If this works out in reality, as I have worked it out in my head. I should be able to more then double my yealds, on the floor space used.

The total structure, takes up 22 sq feet of floor space.
Where I to estimate my yealds with HPS, on the same sq ft floor area.
I would hang a 400W in each side, as it's not a 22ft light grit. And multiply with 0.8, as a avarage gpw.

This way I estimate I'll have 45 sq ft light grit, along with min 2" space for air circulation, all around the plants and canopy(s).
With 2 ft of head space, there shouldn't be need for that deep a pennetration. To form a solid frosty canopy, with some dence and tasty looking nugs.

It's a gamble I guess, but from the test I have done with the cheap china LED strips. I have been getting the same yealds as HPS, and tho the buds are smaller and maybe not as "impressive" looking as the HPS buds. A gram of the LED grown weed, will get me just as stoned as a gram of my HPS weed.
And once I have grinded up my weed, I can no longer tell the difference.

I keep reading and seeping pictures, from ppl getting 1.2-1.7 gpw with the Samsumg LED chips. But at this point, I don't even care that much. Even if I will only get the same gpw, as I do with HPS.
Im able to minimum double, maybe triple my grow area.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:10 PM #34
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palindrome View Post
If this works out in reality, as I have worked it out in my head. I should be able to more then double my yealds, on the floor space used.

The total structure, takes up 22 sq feet of floor space.
Where I to estimate my yealds with HPS, on the same sq ft floor area.
I would hang a 400W in each side, as it's not a 22ft light grit. And multiply with 0.8, as a avarage gpw.

This way I estimate I'll have 45 sq ft light grit, along with min 2" space for air circulation, all around the plants and canopy(s).
With 2 ft of head space, there shouldn't be need for that deep a pennetration. To form a solid frosty canopy, with some dence and tasty looking nugs.

It's a gamble I guess, but from the test I have done with the cheap china LED strips. I have been getting the same yealds as HPS, and tho the buds are smaller and maybe not as "impressive" looking as the HPS buds. A gram of the LED grown weed, will get me just as stoned as a gram of my HPS weed.
And once I have grinded up my weed, I can no longer tell the difference.

I keep reading and seeping pictures, from ppl getting 1.2-1.7 gpw with the Samsumg LED chips. But at this point, I don't even care that much. Even if I will only get the same gpw, as I do with HPS.
Im able to minimum double, maybe triple my grow area.
I can attest the Samsung strips produce excellent results. I got 9 ounces out of 197 watts. Bud was excellent. I think I can hit 12 ounces with a good yielding Clone only run. This run got to tall and had to ba tied down severely.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:02 PM #35
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Went to one of my favorite places, the Church of S'weed'en, home of shitty and cheap furniture - IKEA!

Ikea is good for cheap cupboard doors, I find it hard to make them cheaper myself.

But turned out, the hinges wasn't cheap at all.
As the cheap hinges didn't fit the cheap cupboard doors, I guess they have to make their money some where.

Sorry IKEA, you got nothing on me.
Came to think about it, the misses have been wanting me to redo our bathroom.
Personal I don't really see the reason, to me it looks nice and not worn down.

First step in the redo, tomorrow while the misses is at work.
Turn the cupboards into shelves, and salvage 8 set's of hinges.
I'll leave the door's under the sink, covering drain pipes and stuff.
I had one set extra hinges at home, so in the end I'll now only need to pick up one set of hinges.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:22 PM #36
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Okay I take that back, as IKEA have changed everything up.
The old hinges, won't fit in the new doors.

Have to go back to IKEA

Old 01-23-2019, 12:51 PM #37
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Every time I have been in IKEA, I truly hope it have been my last visit!

Old 01-23-2019, 06:32 PM #38
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Started to fit the cupboard doors, onto the frame.

I'll go more into detail later, right now I kinda just wanna fit 6 doors in one side. Then add some pandafilm on the side, as I have a harvest and no place to dry my weed.

Maybe I should have started with building the drying closet, but my focus at the time was elsewhere.

Old 01-25-2019, 03:09 AM #39
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Got the last doors in the right-side closet mounted, took a bit of time to get it done. Everything is custom fitted and mirrored in the other side, so it all lines up and is level.

The hinges are mounted on a strip of 15mm plywood, fitted and screwed in place into the frame.

Had to cut a few corners, to get the hinges to fit.
This took a fair amount of time, as I wanted to get it right.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:22 AM #40
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Personal I think it came out pretty nice on this side, everything lines up and all the door's open and closes pretty perfect.

Still need alot of work, but right now I have a harvest to take care of.
So the build is on hold for now, but harvesting is important too.

Yes it looks like I build a morgue

How about Mad Mortician Seeds ???

We'll have strains like:
The Vaping Dead
John Doe's Killer Skunk
Dead Jimmys Haze

Thanks you all for all your comments, K+ and PM's.

2 members found this post helpful.