Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Jacks & Cal-Mag instead of Cal-Nit?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Jacks & Cal-Mag instead of Cal-Nit? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2018, 05:23 PM #1
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Jacks & Cal-Mag instead of Cal-Nit?

Am I the only one that thinks that dissolving calcium nitrate for Jack's Classic Hydro is a chore? Has anyone used a liquid cal-mag like Cal-Mag Plus to replace the cal-nit in the formula?

My rationale is that it is cal-mag replaces the cal-nit and adds magnesium and iron, which the formula could use anyway. How would I figure the equivalent ppm of cal-mag to use as a replacement?
BillFarthing is offline Quote

Old 11-17-2018, 05:31 PM #2
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Couldn't you do a ppm test on an amount of clean water, then add the amount of cal-nit you normally use to it, then do another ppm test to determine how much you added? Then add calmag 1ml at a time to the same amount of clean water until you hit the same ppm? I realize there are different things in each, so it wouldn't be exact, but I feel like that would give you a decent number to start off.
You may not vote on any more threads today. Don't sweat the technique. And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal. Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:36 PM #3
mdgg4

mdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to all
Calcium nitrate dissolves by just sitting in water. If you have a problem you can just mix it up in hot water before adding to rez. You can throw it in reservoir and let sit 15min or so and it will basically dissolve on its own. I've ran Cal/mag with Jack's, but to be honest calnit gives more control and better results. It's not always a cal/mag issue most times it's one or the other.

PEACE!
mdgg4 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:53 PM #4
GuerrillaRed

GuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really nice
I do this. I run Cal-Mag along with Cal-Nit with my Jack's. My plants were showing calcium deficiencies but the Cal-Mag knocked it out.

Probably because it's so cold this winter, I'm assuming the plants need a boost.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:27 AM #5
Hookah79

Hookah79 will become famous soon enough
Cal-nit dissolves easily.If anything it's jacks that a pita to dissolve.
Hookah79 is offline Quote