Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > VerdantGreen > C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

Thread Title Search
C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2019, 09:13 PM #311
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
In the end it was mainly structure that he was selected for - tighter side branching than the others. While all had very similar stem rubs, two of the five had a little something extra. He was one of the two. He’s also one I was eyeing early on, hoping for a girl.

I don’t foresee vigor being a problem, lol. And if these seeds had been given to me to grow with zero information, I would be tempted to say they might be an IBL. Only the vigor would have me hesitant to say so. All nine plants were remarkably similar. And the stretchy side branching has grown on me. Still makes me a little nervous... but if they really don’t stretch much in flower, it will be great.

Flipped the four girls yesterday.

At flip:

Happy Sunday!
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:20 PM #312
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
One week since flip and he hasn't really stretched much, but since he wasn't potted up, he's somewhat limited anyway. Nice stink coming from him when opening the tent.

The one plant I showed to have variegated leaves is one of the girls and interestingly it's showing up on more leaves whereas before it was just the one fan leaf. Of the four she's the biggest and was clearly more in need of being up-potted than the others. It was also her rootball I shared a pic of. Will get some pics of her oddities up either later today or sometime before Friday. Might need some advice - definitely want to hear thoughts about her...
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

Shmavis is offline Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:07 AM #313
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud of
Looking good man, thats male is quite a looker, cant wait to see his balls! Lady looking great as well! Things are starting to get exciting!
Buddah Watcha is offline Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:12 PM #314
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Thanks! He is starting to grow some balls now. He was one of the last two plants to show, so a late bloomer by nature, but looks like it's time to bust into puberty!

Well, #4 is showing variegation. Since this is a trait of Chem, I am not worried about it. But I am wondering what those of you out there who are familiar with Chem genetics/lines think of one fan looking almost deficient, while its immediate counterpart to the left looks fine. Something to worry about, or also a Chem trait expressing? All in all the girls seem happy, but I've never seen this before...

Group, day 3:

Variegation:

???:

Shmavis is offline Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:14 PM #315
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
they look great shmavis. The variegation is certainly classic chem D, but you seem to have it down to a minimum which shows the plant is happy - sounds weird but the variegation is made worse by poor nutrient balance - many peeps think it is related to Mg and that could be on the money. The chems seem to be Mg hogs

The fan leaf looks odd and not anything related to chems that i have seen, perhaps a bit of lockout or something? i wouldnt worry if it is just one.

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:34 PM #316
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Thanks a lot VG for the reassurance and info.

I will get a pH reading of the runoff at next watering to see if she might be suffering from lockout. If all shows well there, I will look into boosting Mg a bit. Perhaps the trait of being a Mg hog, coupled with being under COBs, is amplifying that need. (?) I’ve read that additional Ca and Mg is often needed under LED lighting. But it’s still so new to me that I don’t really want to mess with my base mix too much until I have a better understanding of how plants respond in general - there’s a definite difference from HID.

So the variegation is specific to Chem D and not 4?

Thanks again!

Shmavis is offline Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:52 PM #317
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
Thanks a lot VG for the reassurance and info.

I will get a pH reading of the runoff at next watering to see if she might be suffering from lockout. If all shows well there, I will look into boosting Mg a bit. Perhaps the trait of being a Mg hog, coupled with being under COBs, is amplifying that need. (?) I’ve read that additional Ca and Mg is often needed under LED lighting. But it’s still so new to me that I don’t really want to mess with my base mix too much until I have a better understanding of how plants respond in general - there’s a definite difference from HID.

So the variegation is specific to Chem D and not 4?

Thanks again!

Hey broda, seem like a Ca/Mag deficiency to me, my plants are doing the same thing, also running Chem crosses (Chem 91 and Chem D x 88g13hp) and some of them are displaying the same thing... I did a foliar with 1tbsp/gal of epsom salts that seem to have done the trick, repeated 5 days later... seem to have greened them up a bit! I'm also under LED's, so maybe your theory is right!

Peace!
Old 01-25-2019, 04:56 PM #318
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah Watcha View Post
Hey broda, seem like a Ca/Mag deficiency to me, my plants are doing the same thing, also running Chem crosses (Chem 91 and Chem D x 88g13hp) and some of them are displaying the same thing... I did a foliar with 1tbsp/gal of epsom salts that seem to have done the trick, repeated 5 days later... seem to have greened them up a bit! I'm also under LED's, so maybe your theory is right!

Peace!
Greatly appreciate the diagnosis and suggestion for remedy my friend! And it’s nice to get confirmation that Chem lines are hungry in this way from a grower also under COBs and it’s not just me flubbing it. And maybe I just wasn’t being patient enough... I found her looking better and greening up this morning. All four are ready to be watered again and this will be the third time (will check runoff). I had suspected a Ca and/or Mg shortage with her even before the transplant. So when they were potted up and I didn’t see signs of improvement by the time she was ready for her next watering, I rolled the dice and top-dressed with a tbsp of dolomite first. Hope it continues to do the trick! If not, I will definitely go with your advice because I really don’t want to mess with the soil anymore at this point.

So you’re running a straight Chem 91? I am currently making my way through the Chem 91 thread in the photo subsection and finding it very interesting. I mentioned two males had a little something extra on the stem rub... I am not so good at descriptions when it comes to such things, so I didn’t say what it was I thought was there - and plus it’s just a stem rub on a male - but I kept thinking those two had a lemony finish to them... now I read that there’s a lemony component to Chem 4... makes me wonder if he’s a Chem 4 leaner.

Have a great weekend brother!

Shmavis is offline Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:16 PM #319
Buddah Watcha

I guess my post was a bit confusing, I'm growing crosses of Chem 91 x 88g13HP (Chem Kesey) and the Chem D x 88g13hp (Hashplant D)... Wish I had access to the chem 91 cut Maybe one day!

I'm glad to be able to help a bit! Glad to hear the dolomite is doing the trick! Best vibes!
Old 01-26-2019, 02:30 AM #320
sticking

sticking will become famous soon enoughsticking will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdantGreen View Post
Sticking, i can see them now, they look frosty!

Yes they were frosty and good smoke to, unfortunately this grow was complete crap for several reasons, temps all over the place, wrong ph and ec etc. They were flowered under cobs which is not optimal during our cold winters.

I saved cuts of pheno 1 that im scroging under a 600W HPS this run. Hopefully i can dail it in a bit more this time.
sticking is offline Quote