Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Reeferman Seeds > Reeferman's breed 2015

Thread Title Search
Reeferman's breed 2015 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2019, 07:51 AM #741
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
#5, day 34:

Grabbed some pics of #5 tonight. Both clones from the seed plant acted a bit weird. This one was not topped but grew as though it had been. The other one that was used for the mini grow had really gnarly mutated leaves, which she grew out of. They almost looked crinkly - should've grabbed a pic or two. Not sure if it will show in the pics but tried to show how dark this one is. I won't be surprised to see purpling on her. Easily the darkest leaves of the bunch. Not much frost to speak of... hope to see that change.

§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty

Last edited by Shmavis; 01-19-2019 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Stoner spelling mistake
Shmavis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:43 AM #742
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Cold night tonight. Got me to thinking about frost. And wondering which of my mini grow plants had the most at day 47. So I had to compare. #3 is leading the pack as of now.

#3, day 47 under LED:

#3, day 47 LED off:

She looks like she has a decent chance to get moderately frosty.
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

Shmavis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:40 PM #743
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Update, day 60

Some have faired better than others under LED. But all in all pleasantly surprised with this cheap panel’s performance and ability to flower.

Day 60 group, LED on:

Day 60 group, LED off:

Random:

Definitely got some seed to set so this mini run was worth it. Cut back the light cycle and moved the plants farther from the light. Sampling isn't too much further down the road!

Shmavis is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:18 PM #744
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Removed mini #5 for a couple days of dark before chopping. She looks ready at 63 days. Goal was to harvest at least 10 healthy/viable looking seeds from each. Easily got that from #5

#5 day 63:

Shmavis is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 PM #745
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Trichs:

#3 looks to be next up. Will probably check her trichs later tonight.

Shmavis is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:29 PM #746
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

#3 at day 65 still has wet feet so I will give her another day or two before removing her, even though she looks ready. I have high hopes for this one. She's the frostiest and her flowers are more lime green than the pics show. Harvested fewer seeds than #5 (which totaled 92) but still way more than my target. Have a sample bud of #3 I am looking forward to testing this weekend. If not dry enough to smoke by then, I will vape it.

Shmavis is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:30 PM #747
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
we bought a bunch of seeds from reef 10+years ago.... willie nelson,asia girl, cherry bomb ( or something like that) , n a sour diesel... we grew a few seeds of each, n thought they all SUCKED... n made my feelings known on various threads..

but while going thru old seed packs we have, started '2' of the sour diesel... one was a male n was culled, the other was a lady.... didnt have much veg time, n pulled an oz from her , n the shit is good... actually very good... took cuttings, n trying her once again, this time with a 2month veg... i'll report back...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 02-06-2019, 05:00 PM #748
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
we bought a bunch of seeds from reef 10+years ago.... willie nelson,asia girl, cherry bomb ( or something like that) , n a sour diesel... we grew a few seeds of each, n thought they all SUCKED... n made my feelings known on various threads..

but while going thru old seed packs we have, started '2' of the sour diesel... one was a male n was culled, the other was a lady.... didnt have much veg time, n pulled an oz from her , n the shit is good... actually very good... took cuttings, n trying her once again, this time with a 2month veg... i'll report back...
Tried a bunch of reeferman seeds right after he won the cup with love potion. I ran the sour d and a few friends ran newberry, kodiak, grapefruit and believe a few more I am not remembering.

Lots of B and C quality smoke. Grapefruit had almoat instant tolerance buildup. Great looks and smell. Newberry was ok. Nothing worth keeping. My buddy that ran kodiak never ran them again but I was not able to personally smoke that one.

The sour d was great. Wish I still had it. So flavorful and maybe the most colorful flowers I have ever grown. Turns out the version I had was actually nycd x pink kush and he later released a different sour d using the actual sour d clone and renaming the version I got as sour kush (maybe? memory).
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

Old 02-07-2019, 08:09 AM #749
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post

Yeah, I have noticed you have a bit of a negative streak to you, lol. What are your thoughts on the how the VIPARSPECTRA did? I’ve seen you bash them too. It has done better than I expected.

I guess the lesson learned is to not bash a breeder’s gear unless you have at least popped the whole pack, eh?

But seriously, that’s great that you found something to your liking, and I look forward to your reporting back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Tried a bunch of reeferman seeds right after he won the cup with love potion. I ran the sour d and a few friends ran newberry, kodiak, grapefruit and believe a few more I am not remembering.

Lots of B and C quality smoke. Grapefruit had almoat instant tolerance buildup. Great looks and smell. Newberry was ok. Nothing worth keeping. My buddy that ran kodiak never ran them again but I was not able to personally smoke that one.

The sour d was great. Wish I still had it. So flavorful and maybe the most colorful flowers I have ever grown. Turns out the version I had was actually nycd x pink kush and he later released a different sour d using the actual sour d clone and renaming the version I got as sour kush (maybe? memory).
It was around the same time that I got Potent Purple, Newberry, and G-SUS. And yep, C-grade applied to PP. Nothing noteworthy to the plants themselves or the flowers they produced. Found 2 great girls in Newberry though - definitely B+, A- stuff. (And true to description like G-SUS) I do remember the other girls to be somewhat lackluster. Now, on the other hand, G-SUS gave me girls (4 if memory serves) that were excellent if not spectacular. Super stinky, super greasy, euphoric couchlock/sleeper (if overdone) type flowers and a couple with some purpling. And each with very similar terps/effects. Everybody wanted more.

I joined ICmag because of this thread. My first post was to this thread. I was ecstatic to find that G-SUS (V2) was available. I had made F2s of G-SUS (V1) and also crossed it to the Newberry girls. The resulting progeny produced some plants, Newberry leaners, that were rank of deep dark rotten berry smells. Admittedly the taste was kind of blah, surprisingly. But then I grow flowers with effect as the end goal, taste and terp profiles a distant second. And God’s Berry, as I called it, delivered one helluva knockout punch. Plenty of times after a few drinks and half a joint later, I would find myself waking up on the couch hours later. Just wrecked.

I guess what I am trying to say is that some folks look for “keepers” from a breeder’s offerings, whereas I look for genetic potential to get me closer to the effect I seek, that is, if their offering doesn’t deliver precisely. I don’t keep mother plants. I grow from seed. I make more seed. I prefer to move forward, not stay in stasis. As such, I don’t get uptight about popping seeds and finding little to nothing that appeals to me. That’s just how it goes with seeds.

It makes me sick to think of all the pictures I lost in an external hard drive crash (not to mention the seed vault that held these gems, along with many others). But here’s some pics of my first run of God’s Berry:

The Newberry leaners should be pretty obvious. So Charles earned my respect with my first purchase of his gear. A basement pollen chucker like myself was able to move forward in a much desired direction with a simple chuck. I can only hope to find such potential this time around. And once I am more situated with my new (learning curve) lighting choice of LED, I will pop G-SUS (V2), God Bud F2s, and G13 bx1 to start a little project.

Shmavis is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:51 PM #750
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of light
Nice to see that seed harvest! Really hoping to have similar pics by the end of this coming growing season. Hard to be only a few months off and feel the bug, yet know it's too darned cold and I'll have to wait.
yardgrazer is offline Quote