I just built a simple cloning/veg box.
DIY quantum board made from strip lights, two cloning buckets (2 gallon) with 7 slots each.
Now I am a newbie to cloning, OK, not new, just crappy. My success rate was almost 5% . Almost🙁.
As I said just built it, trimmed a donor clone, stuck a couple of cuttings in, set up a timer for 1 minute on 4 minutes off perpetual cycle to power to water pumps inside the buckets.
Tough part was locating 12volt water pumps that are good enough.
So far 1 rooted so fast I already put it in dirt. Sorry forgot to take pic😬.
Just checked the 14 cuttings (filled the empty slot) and 5 more show white (pre root) bumps that appear scale like and one with a 1/8" root starting.
Not one cutting has died. All look healthy.
I was told that this cloning method often provides a 100% success rate.
Must break out my macro this weekend to show.
Just using tap water PH 6.2
It's chilly there, about 60 F max so I just put a heater under one bucket to see if that speeds things up.
Pretty sure 75 to 85 would be a better temperature.
It's already beat my record. If I can get it dialed in, who knows.
I'll be back