Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Thread Title Search
Have you looked at the North Pole lately? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2019, 11:51 AM #1981
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Follow the ignorance.
Koondense is offline Quote

Old 02-06-2019, 07:52 PM #1982
stewart169

stewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to all
Im waiting for some of the less sharp tools in the shed to blame President Trump as well.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:39 PM #1983
Night4wings20

Night4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really nice
Climate change can be a natural occurrence, like the switching of the poles. Whether what is happening is/has been been created by us it doesn't matter much if it turns out to be a natural cycle of the planet we all call home.

There are just more people this time to experience the extreme weather so the amount of natural disasters that have happened is just a statistic of large human population.

Simple version? More humans= more reports of disaster = illusion of increase of frequency

When in reality these natural disasters have probably been going on for millennia.

I'm not saying I'm right but I'm also not saying I'm wrong
Night4wings20 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:17 AM #1984
White Beard

White Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart169 View Post
Im waiting for some of the less sharp tools in the shed to blame President Trump as well.
The ďless sharp toolsĒ?

Careful, bro, you got less edge than a tennis ball...
White Beard is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:30 AM #1985
White Beard

White Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant futureWhite Beard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night4wings20 View Post
Climate change can be a natural occurrence, like the switching of the poles. Whether what is happening is/has been been created by us it doesn't matter much if it turns out to be a natural cycle of the planet we all call home.

There are just more people this time to experience the extreme weather so the amount of natural disasters that have happened is just a statistic of large human population.

Simple version? More humans= more reports of disaster = illusion of increase of frequency

When in reality these natural disasters have probably been going on for millennia.
I get what youíre saying, kinda like there arenít *more* unarmed black citizens being murdered by police in the street, itís just that there are more cameras in more hands so thereís more proof now.

When in fact this has been going on since we got them here.

Sure, climate has been changing by itself for a long, long time; mostly gradually (maybe), sometimes freakiní fast like a comet strike...canít really *have* a slow-motion comet strike.

Still, there plenty of evidence that the increase in atmospheric CO2 started going up, up, and away with the Industrial Revolution, and itís only picked up speed since then...maybe *WE* are the slow-motion comet? The LAST rapid warming was much faster, but that *was* an impact.

Quote:
I'm not saying I'm right but I'm also not saying I'm wrong
Iím not saying Iím right...Iím just saying all the evidence is on one side, and youíre on the other

Old 02-07-2019, 03:35 AM #1986
igrowone

igrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond repute
good timing with the thread bumps
the latest data, the earth just had the 4th warmest year in the record
not really impressive by itself, but the 5 warmest are the last 5 years
the trend is impressive, but since many seem to take it for granted now, almost blasť
the attitude is 'it's warming, so what?'
frighteningly enough, this is progress

Old 02-07-2019, 03:37 AM #1987
White Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart169 View Post
Follow the money. Al bore and the rest are raking in millions and want to make us pay for the farce of carbon credits. Please hand me a plastic straw.
If you want in the game, son, ya gotta show jacks or better...and you have no cards.

Lest I be accused of casting snark, I’ve lived most of the last 70 years in the same general area. When I was a kid, it wouldn’t get up into the 80s until August, occasionally we’d get 90s. February was always the coldest month, helped the apple crop, helped keep the fleas, the roaches, the mosquitoes down; helped the apple crop set fruit. It rained a lot, some times for weeks, made the place pretty.

In the late 80s, we fell into drought, bad drought, stayed there for most of 15 years. Average summer temps are now in the 90 on the regular, and we get stretches in the 100s. And for the last 3 years, spring has arrived in early February.

Temps here are slated to hit the 80s over the next week, it’s been in the 70s for the past week.

Winter? What winter? A few cold days, and now we’re back to spring.
Welcome to the new normal.

Last edited by White Beard; 02-07-2019 at 03:47 AM..

Old 02-07-2019, 05:25 AM #1988
kickarse

kickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of lightkickarse is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
Follow the ignorance.
kickarse is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2019, 07:33 AM #1989
Night4wings20

Night4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Beard View Post
I get what youíre saying, kinda like there arenít *more* unarmed black citizens being murdered by police in the street, itís just that there are more cameras in more hands so thereís more proof now.

When in fact this has been going on since we got them here.

Sure, climate has been changing by itself for a long, long time; mostly gradually (maybe), sometimes freakiní fast like a comet strike...canít really *have* a slow-motion comet strike.

Still, there plenty of evidence that the increase in atmospheric CO2 started going up, up, and away with the Industrial Revolution, and itís only picked up speed since then...maybe *WE* are the slow-motion comet? The LAST rapid warming was much faster, but that *was* an impact.

Iím not saying Iím right...Iím just saying all the evidence is on one side, and youíre on the other

I knew stupid people would come along and see things that aren't in my post. Oh well back to not saying anything since idiots like you and others exist. Goodluck!
Night4wings20 is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2019, 09:31 AM #1990
White Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night4wings20 View Post
I knew stupid people would come along and see things that aren't in my post. Oh well back to not saying anything since idiots like you and others exist. Goodluck!
Gosh, what a nice guy!
Whatís a 200+ IQ like you doing hanging around here? Iím sure the other elite brainiacs are meeting elsewhere, you should join them instead of slumming with us stupid people.

Thanks so much for your insightful comment!

2 members found this post helpful.