Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > GMO Weed Monsanto and Marlboro have just announced there new partnership

Thread Title Search
GMO Weed Monsanto and Marlboro have just announced there new partnership Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2018, 05:34 PM #11
purplepassion

purplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nice
There is some truth about Marlboro s parent company investing 1.8 billion to gain 45% stake in a Canadian Cannabis Company.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:44 PM #12
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonTrich View Post
Why even post bullshit articles of it's not true. All you do is get everyone all riled up for nothing.

Or inform people of the truth.
Dude? please try reading just a little before you start attacking people.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2018, 10:21 AM #13
Somatek

Somatek has a spectacular aura aboutSomatek has a spectacular aura aboutSomatek has a spectacular aura aboutSomatek has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
[/color]
Or inform people of the truth.
Dude? please try reading just a little before you start attacking people.
What truth? Monsanto and Marlborough aren't working together. Marlbororough's parent company has bought a stake in a Canadian LP but the only GMO research into pot I've read is how to get microbes to biosynthesis THC. The endless fear mongering about Monsanto is easily stoked by these kinds of posts, in this case based of satire instead of seeing it as a joke.
Somatek is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2018, 10:42 AM #14
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
The truth is there is no GMO Cannabis being sold anywhere, I have gone over this with shaggyballs and others on IC for years and mostly because of fake news stories like the one that started this thread.
The folks that believed this will not change their minds, or they will say if it is not here yet then it soon will be.

I can not say it is never going to happen but the solution is simple, do not buy it.
The reason that most food in the USA is GMO is because most people just do not give a frick.
You can grow your own non GMO or treated tobacco for personal use, you can do the same with Cannabis if you live in a civilized state.

Today there are many more serious problems facing Cannabis and the Cannabis genepool then GMO Cannabis that is not being made or sold.

GMO yeast is not GMO Cannabis and no GMO yeast that can produce Cannabinoids is being sold today. And that will have zero effect on the Cannabis genepool even if it is made and sold. I will not buy it as I avoid any GMO crops except for the Insulin I take daily, as it is superior to the old pork and beef Insulin I used 40 years ago. And yeast produced Cannabinoids will never be as cheap as you can grow with a Cannabis plant.
I wish people focused on real problems, not fears the sky is falling...
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:52 AM #15
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I think is is more likely that GMO Cannabis with resin heads the size of grapes will be available next week... LOL...

-SamS

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:55 AM #16
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
But only if you pay 5 000 000 euros for this new strain..

there are those BC Seeds that advertise their strains like GMO,names of strains
are hillariouss,plant is called Never Die.. as you can harvest every 3 days kilo
of buds and then she grow further like she wasnt harvested at all..

and all kind of other crap am readed there... prices are also crazy as fuck..
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2018, 12:29 AM #17
EagleWolf

EagleWolf will become famous soon enoughEagleWolf will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
...most food in the USA is GMO is because most people just do not give a frick.
-SamS
I'm not trying to be argumentative but this just isn't true. GMO's are used as animal feeds, as well as ethanol and other industries, but not "most food". Really, hardly any food consumed by people comes from a GMO crop because consumers do give tend to give a frick. If people didn't already treat GMO like witchcraft or something, but I don't want to troll. Whether GMO is bad or good, Plenty of things to be concerned about it the food industry, estrogen/steroids/antibiotics/low brix farming methods... GMO isn't really one of them.
EagleWolf is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 06:14 AM #18
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleWolf View Post
I'm not trying to be argumentative but this just isn't true. GMO's are used as animal feeds, as well as ethanol and other industries, but not "most food". Really, hardly any food consumed by people comes from a GMO crop because consumers do give tend to give a frick. If people didn't already treat GMO like witchcraft or something, but I don't want to troll. Whether GMO is bad or good, Plenty of things to be concerned about it the food industry, estrogen/steroids/antibiotics/low brix farming methods... GMO isn't really one of them.
"While genetically engineered or genetically modified (GM) wheat has not been approved for commercial planting, GM corn and GM soybeans already reign supreme on American farms. By 2012, 88% of corn and 94% of soy grown in the United States were genetically modified, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture."

"In the United States today a huge proportion of the most commonly grown commodity crops are genetically engineered: 95% of the nation's sugar beets, 94% of the soybeans, 90% of the cotton and 88% of the feed corn, according to the 2011 International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications report."

GMO wheat is next....

It is difficult to buy any processed mainstream food in the USA that is GMO free.

-SamS

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:29 AM #19
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
The truth is there is no GMO Cannabis being sold anywhere,
Sam you know dam well they are doing it.
Maybe it is not for sale now.

They are doing it with food why would you think they would stop there.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:36 AM #20
shaggyballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleWolf View Post
Did you check sams post?
He says most processed foods in the us.
That is a bit different than your claims...no??

Somatek
Check your facts bud, see who is working with big tobacco.
You may be surprised if you look for the facts of this matter.

Who says what kinds of research scotts is going to do.
Nobody is watching them and they got some big money that means freedom to do what they wish.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ