Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Best tool for smoking shatter/wax? Cost doesn't matter

Thread Title Search
Best tool for smoking shatter/wax? Cost doesn't matter Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2018, 07:46 PM #11
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
I was looking for another dab rig myself. However, my wish list is a little different.

No torch, no flame, no electrical plug, no coils.

Quartz bowl.

This doesn't leave much. LOL

I am using a Greenlitevapes G9 H-enail right now and it's pretty sweet. Battery life sux and I keep breaking quartz bowls. Falls over more than I did from '66 to '85 drunk every day. Mouth piece sux too.

The good news....This unit does not use coils. It has a ceramic rod that heats the bowl from the center. awesome clean hit every time.

I like a quartz banger second best but... no torch, no flame. Those are the rules.

Anything that is coil-less, battery operated (510 would be cool), easy to clean.......
Ringodoggie is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2018, 07:51 PM #12
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Can you put shatter in a vaporizer?
Jellyfish is online now Quote

Old 02-19-2018, 08:28 PM #13
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
If you mean, like an e-cig vaporizer.... short answer, no. You need to mix it with an e-juice like vg, pg, terps, whatever.

Otherwise, a coil vape, nail, etc. Short answer, yes.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:48 PM #14
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Thanks. I'm talking about a vaporizer that's designed for smoking solids, like flowers.
Jellyfish is online now Quote

Old 02-19-2018, 09:00 PM #15
Ringodoggie

I'm not sure about that one. You could probably mix it in with some pot. But, then, what's the use in separating it in the first place. LOL

Oil/wax pens start out real cheap. I started there and worked my way up to better and better things, I think that's how most people figure out what they like best, in the end.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:27 AM #16
oliverblackk

oliverblackk is on a distinguished road
Check ou dabs here. I think most people smoke dabs because there is no smell, no smoke/ (unless you hear your nail to a crazy temp then it's no longer vapor but smoke) no plant material so it's cleaner for your lungs.
oliverblackk is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2019, 05:28 PM #17
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of light
I bought a $5. honey collector & a $5. torch, it takes a little practice but when you get a good hit it is nice.. Nicer then a e-nail IMO. It was a great and inexpensive way to get into dabs and try it out. If I used it more I would upgrade the torch to a more powerful one so I wouldn't have to wait long for the honey collector to heat up.

E-nails are much easier to use, it seems like the hit doesn't taste as nice as the honey collector. It might be in my head or I might not be using the e-nail to it's potential,IDK

I don't dab much I would rather vape flowers, but if I feel like going to space and seeing visuals from cannabis dabs will take me there.
Hydro8 is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2019, 05:55 PM #18
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
Just get any old temperature-controlled box mod, like the e-cig style vapers use, and then order yourself a Saionara atomizer from Divine Tribe. When you are picking out which type of coil you want, decide whether you want to take huge rips or if you want to micro-dab. If huge rips, go for a triple coil. If you are a sipper, go for a single coil. And go with stainless steel, so that it can be temperature controlled. Then, set your box mod to around ~350-400 degrees F, at about 25 watts, and have at it.

Since I'm not into taking huge rips, I have never invested in a dab rig, nor do I feel the need to. The Saionara was like $35 or something, I don't remember. A 5-pack of coils was like $25 or so. Each coil lasts me about a week or two before needing to clean it, and then I can soak it in isopropyl alcohol for a night, dry fire it to clean it, and get another use or two out of it before feeling like I should just trash it and pull out a fresh one.

The box mod I use is an E-leaf iStick Pico.

hush's hidey hole

hush is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:00 PM #19
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of light
Personally hate smoking dab out of anything without temp control. Especially nectar collectors. They char up and drip out reclaim that has been heated up over and over and over, often times onto a hot nail while you are already inhaling. Did it for years. Inconsistent af. Tastes like burrning.
Bobby Boucher is offline Quote