Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Light spectrum for increased potency

Thread Title Search
Light spectrum for increased potency Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2018, 03:55 PM #21
f-e

f-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nice
I can't get to page 3? Most odd. Page 2 keeps loading instead.

We added a small (150w) halide in one corner, and sodium in the other comparable corner. Under the halide it looked better anyway, it just does. Instantly. But after a week the difference in resin was unmistakable. We kept that bit separate when it cured, and while it was very satisfying to look at, it wasn't quite so pleasant tasting (a bit darker green) and a little more sedative. Though didn't seem stronger. Despite looking a lot better.

We then tried swapping the 6s to halides for the last 2 weeks. Pheckin disaster. They just didn't fill out. But then a 600 son is very efficient, and a 600 halide perhaps a third less. No direct strength comparison was possible, but it was nothing special.
f-e is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2018, 04:56 PM #22
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickybred420 View Post
my cali lightworks ss440 is a blurple spectrum with uvb supplementation. it grew fantastic plants. great potency and terp profile. but the bud structure wasn't perfect. i got a full spectrum led fixture with a far red and deep blue bloom supplementation and my plants are 1000% better. full spectrum is where its at and all this "unused spectrum" stuff is silly.
Just wanted to clarify "Full Spectrum" is not the best for plants. There hasnt been a standardized term established meaning "specifically optimized for plants" and many lighting manufacturers have simply adopted it to there own spectrum.

Full spectrum is the range between 300nm and 1000nm and the Photosynthetically active radiation range is only 400nm to 700nm. Plants have been shown to utilize UVB 280nm to 315nm and UVA 315nm to 400nm to increase potency though. Explained all in detail in the Lighting Science sticky in my signature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Juice View Post
Contemplating how we living under Satan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic82 View Post
Stoner science at its finest in here
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post
get that good good bitches !
you deserve it !!
The Science Of Grow Lighting (HPS, CMH, LED) & Photosynthesis Explained: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

The Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth, Information On Long Term Preservation: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Ibechillin is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:29 PM #23
purplepassion

purplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nice
I’ve seen increased potency since adding cmh, I alternate hps cmh in my rows so the red of the hps is still there too.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:19 AM #24
izzypog

izzypog will become famous soon enoughizzypog will become famous soon enough
okay, what I have done to increase yield and potency is light manipulation. You ever noticed that led lights have two switches for veg and bloom. I have an LED light that generates about 570 true watts of power, when the veg lights are on it is about 300 + watts, this is what I start with, when I flip to a 12/12 schedule I use both veg and bloom, 570 watts, and at the beginning of week seven I use only bloom lights, about 200 plus. This method works well, in fact I have high yields and very sticky buds. The point of this is that at the end of the grow I use a very red dominant spectrum with little blue, the intensity is also dialed down, which means less heat. My yields are in the range of 1/2 pound to a pound, and the potency varies from strain to strain, yet, is always very strong and long lasting. Always use a more red spectrum near the end of a grow, blue is more for the beginning.
izzypog is offline Quote