Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Grow Room Safety > Grow room accidents (serious)

Thread Title Search
Grow room accidents (serious) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2018, 03:51 PM #21
Steven/nevetS

Steven/nevetS is on a distinguished road
I evaporated what looked like all of it but it was mentioned to burn off excess.
Never again, time will do the job better & safer.lol
Steven/nevetS is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:15 PM #22
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnumber View Post
Can you elaborate this bit more?

Did the grow take up whole room without any (vapor)barrier between plants and structure of the house? (Like grow tent or grow cabinet)

Did the room have ventilation to exchange rooms air every so often? I do not think this would have helped but I would like to double check this detail so I have more info when I warn someone about this risk.
Alot of croppers just run the grow area exhaust into the attic space, all the warmth and moisture creates a breeding ground for molds everywhere in the walls etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
24 years young, extraterrestrial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Juice View Post
Contemplating how we living under Satan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic82 View Post
Stoner science at its finest in here
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post
get that good good bitches !
you deserve it !!
The Science Of Grow Lighting (HPS, CMH, LED) & Photosynthesis Explained: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

The Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth, Information On Long Term Preservation: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Ibechillin is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:03 PM #23
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
I got once electrocuted big time by a malfunctioning led light.
230v through my fingers. Severe burn marks.

Also had fan failure on a led. I was just in time...
I switched back to HID after that one. And installed automatic fire extinguisher in the grow space.
I'm waiting for led's to become better and cheaper before stepping in again.

Cvh is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:12 PM #24
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud of
What brand were the Led Cvh?

Quote:
24 years young, extraterrestrial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Juice View Post
Contemplating how we living under Satan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic82 View Post
Stoner science at its finest in here
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post
get that good good bitches !
you deserve it !!
The Science Of Grow Lighting (HPS, CMH, LED) & Photosynthesis Explained: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

The Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth, Information On Long Term Preservation: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Ibechillin is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2018, 11:26 PM #25
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
Quote:
What brand were the Led Cvh?
Dominator. Some kind of cheap chinese COB led light brand...
They are sold everywhere, ebay, amazon, hydroshops,...

This is the manufacture homepage.
https://bossledgrowlights.com/t/dominator-series

Cvh is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:15 AM #26
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
Had a real close bro several yrs back pass out and almost die from CO2 poisoning.....Had a tank set up with a brand new "Hydrofarm cheapass Chinese timer" that locked open and dumped the whole tank into the room right before lights out , and when he went in to work the plants 30 or so minutes later , walked in , shut the door , took 3 steps or so he remembered later , and fell flat on his face out like a light…..and what was worse.....

CO2 being heavier than air was pooled at floor level right where my bro was layin , and had it not been for his `ol lady hearin a noise and goin downstairs to check on him , he`d be dead as we speak.....Luckily when she opened the door , she had sense enough to drag his ass out by his ankles so he could breathe and wake up..... so....

Guys.....NO CHEAPASS CHINESE TIMERS !!!!!!!!!!!....I ran Intermatic T-105`s for yrs and yrs with never a glitch , and upgraded to their outdoor sprinkler system programmable unit for the last 15 yrs of my croppin escapades , and it pays to overkill every aspect of your grow...

Overkill is underrated , so be safe guys and...…

Peace.....DHF.....

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:36 PM #27
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvh View Post
Dominator. Some kind of cheap chinese COB led light brand...
They are sold everywhere, ebay, amazon, hydroshops,...

This is the manufacture homepage.
https://bossledgrowlights.com/t/dominator-series
I bought one used, the 6 COB version.

I'd like to replace the LED's.

The seller said it was used one year. When the light shines it has a purple-ish hue.

Will continue being careful with it, e.g. only running it when I'm home.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 12-28-2018, 06:18 PM #28
DrDee

DrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmobile View Post
I use the analog version made by Intermatic. They're bulletproof and have been steadily turning lights on and off for almost 15 years.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Intermat...0DL3/203557614
Great timers...I have two at my place. One on water heater and one in grow room. Started using them after I melted a lesser timer.

Also...I used to buy magnetic ballast kits and wire them up myself. Once wired one for 110v and accidentally hooked it up to 220v. Lots of noise and smoke...but no actual flames. Now I double check everything when doing wiring.
JD
DrDee is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:59 PM #29
Defacto

Defacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmobile View Post
I use the analog version made by Intermatic. They're bulletproof and have been steadily turning lights on and off for almost 15 years.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Intermat...0DL3/203557614
I second this recommendation. This is a REAL timer!
Defacto is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:56 AM #30
Defacto

Defacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the rough
Here's the timer I've owned over 40 years.

It's controlling 2 1000 watt bulbs atm and can comfortably handle 4!

The initial cost is a bit higher but never having to replace it combined with the safety from its robustness makes it a bargain.

Last edited by Defacto; 01-06-2019 at 05:17 AM..
Defacto is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.