Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Best thing I EVER added to my res...

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Best thing I EVER added to my res... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2018, 05:57 AM #211
Keep goin

Keep goin will become famous soon enoughKeep goin will become famous soon enough
Interesting to see my old post and read through it.. haven't been posting for a while. So long in fact that I have changed my tune on res maintenance.
I now go completely sterile..now "the best thing I add to my res.." is pool shock. After reading an article on increasing ORP in reservoir I figured I'd give it a shot.
I then tried Clear Res a commercial product available..loved it, but it was super expensive..then found a post (I forget where) saying "how I made 2000 gal of clear res for $5.." or something like that (I smoke a lot)
Turns out, with a little research I was able to find the proper HTH pool shock to purchase (the active ingredient is important)..small bag that seems like it will last FOREVER!!
I use 1 gram of HTH to 1 gallon of water..then 1 oz of that mixture per 5 gallons of reservoir mix. The beauty is..you can add it at any time. Either just add it as you make your mix..or add it to entire res. Any time I see ANY type of problem with my roots i.e: not bursting forth and white..I dose them. I try to remember to do it weekly..if I forget, it's no biggie..but if I see something going sideways I just add it in and poof.. problem solved.
Give it a shot..if anyone give a crap I will look at the specific bag of what I bought and list it..
The benefits of this over the "tea" approach is the overall cleanliness of your entire system. It is super easy to clean up between grows, or during the grow if you swap your buckets out like I do for DWC. Simple simple simple...I like simple
KG
Keep goin is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:54 PM #212
z00t

z00t will become famous soon enough
bro can use klorine instead ?????????????????????
z00t is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2018, 10:55 PM #213
PetFlora

PetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep goin View Post
Interesting to see my old post and read through it.. haven't been posting for a while. So long in fact that I have changed my tune on res maintenance.
I now go completely sterile..now "the best thing I add to my res.." is pool shock. After reading an article on increasing ORP in reservoir I figured I'd give it a shot.
I then tried Clear Res a commercial product available..loved it, but it was super expensive..then found a post (I forget where) saying "how I made 2000 gal of clear res for $5.." or something like that (I smoke a lot)
Turns out, with a little research I was able to find the proper HTH pool shock to purchase (the active ingredient is important)..small bag that seems like it will last FOREVER!!
I use 1 gram of HTH to 1 gallon of water..then 1 oz of that mixture per 5 gallons of reservoir mix. The beauty is..you can add it at any time. Either just add it as you make your mix..or add it to entire res. Any time I see ANY type of problem with my roots i.e: not bursting forth and white..I dose them. I try to remember to do it weekly..if I forget, it's no biggie..but if I see something going sideways I just add it in and poof.. problem solved.
Give it a shot..if anyone give a crap I will look at the specific bag of what I bought and list it..
The benefits of this over the "tea" approach is the overall cleanliness of your entire system. It is super easy to clean up between grows, or during the grow if you swap your buckets out like I do for DWC. Simple simple simple...I like simple
KG
Be careful where you store it. I had the bag in a glass jar with a plastic lid. I had a new dishwasher hose (metal sheath) and a fairly new garbage disposal. I don't use the disposal much, but one day it would not come on. I checked -no obstructions, so I opened the cabinet to reset the breaker which was not in protection mode, and noticed the dishwasher metal sheath was totally corroded. Took me a bit to figure out the cause was the hTH gassing

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 06:29 AM #214
Keep goin

Keep goin will become famous soon enoughKeep goin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00t View Post
bro can use klorine instead ?????????????????????
NO..Don't use regular chlorine..there is a difference in the active ingredient.
Keep goin is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2018, 11:52 PM #215
MD84

MD84 will become famous soon enoughMD84 will become famous soon enough
I ordered some Calcium Hypochlorite...would this be the right stuff? I don't think that HTH pool shock is available here.
MD84 is offline Quote

Old 12-30-2018, 02:49 AM #216
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
Does the pool shock affect the ph of the Rez in any way?
madalasatori is online now Quote

Old 12-30-2018, 07:20 AM #217
budsicles

budsicles has a spectacular aura aboutbudsicles has a spectacular aura aboutbudsicles has a spectacular aura aboutbudsicles has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep goin View Post
NO..Don't use regular chlorine..there is a difference in the active ingredient.
Are you sure? All the hth shock products I see use calcium hypochlorite as the main ingredient. This is what most pool chlorine products are made from. It releases chlorine when mixed with water.
budsicles is offline Quote

Old 12-30-2018, 09:14 AM #218
MD84

MD84 will become famous soon enoughMD84 will become famous soon enough
https://www.wired.com/2013/09/qq-whatsinside-2/
MD84 is offline Quote

Old 12-31-2018, 12:49 AM #219
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Best thing I ever Don't add to my res are 99% of the biologically derived products on the market. Seriously, I don't change my DWC res through the entire flower run and don't run sterile. It's clear and there's no need.

DO's with Hydro
- Use r/o filtered water, or water which is just as clean of mineral and **biological** material
- Use only this water with all cleaning, meters and other equipment touching your solution
- Maintain enough O2, and less than needed for pH changes
- Keep temps between 65-69F

Years of doing this now, in multiple states of the US. If your problem is in the air where you live, I would suggest proven beneficial enzymes, or possibly worm casting tea. I haven't needed any. I did fight bacteria/algae coming from my well water, contaminating equipment which was washed/rinsed with it. Once the system was sterilized and only r/o water used, there were no issues.

Thank you for the information Keep_goin, I'll remember it for the future for sure. Definitely going to be helpful to a lot of growers.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:03 AM #220
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant future
I tried pool shock, it did not dissolve for me and I left it for days.
It also left a foam like substance on the top of the mixing beaker.

What went wrong here?
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote