Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Why haven't my buds grown properly?

Thread Title Search
Why haven't my buds grown properly? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2018, 07:42 PM #11
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
I run about 15 strains a season, generally two of each. I'm always looking for the strains that perform well in the greenhouse environment I have at 49N. I love Angolese, but it won't finish properly here. Indoors you can control every aspect of the grow environment.
As previously mentioned genetics have the final say. Don't get caught up on a particular strain or name. Don't change a bunch of things you are doing either. Then you won't know what worked and what didn't.
Keep it simple, preparation is everything in growing great cannabis. I don't see a terrible overfeeding issue myself. I'm not a fan of synthetic anything when it comes to nutrients.
Neptune's fish and seaweed works great indoors or outdoors. Research the shit out of what you use(genetics, soils, Ph testing products and nutrients). I highly recommend Ace seeds...PM. Dubi or contact him through email. Let him know everything about your growing (tent size, Lights, containers and nutrients used). He will reccomend a strain for you and any changes you need to make. Your next season will blow you away! Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:41 AM #12
axle2u

axle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
I run about 15 strains a season, generally two of each. I'm always looking for the strains that perform well in the greenhouse environment I have at 49N. I love Angolese, but it won't finish properly here. Indoors you can control every aspect of the grow environment.
As previously mentioned genetics have the final say. Don't get caught up on a particular strain or name. Don't change a bunch of things you are doing either. Then you won't know what worked and what didn't.
Keep it simple, preparation is everything in growing great cannabis. I don't see a terrible overfeeding issue myself. I'm not a fan of synthetic anything when it comes to nutrients.
Neptune's fish and seaweed works great indoors or outdoors. Research the shit out of what you use(genetics, soils, Ph testing products and nutrients). I highly recommend Ace seeds...PM. Dubi or contact him through email. Let him know everything about your growing (tent size, Lights, containers and nutrients used). He will reccomend a strain for you and any changes you need to make. Your next season will blow you away! Peace

another very good post,

-axle robot
axle2u is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:24 AM #13
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
I agree to not let it discourage you. It looks like you did lots of things right and you just need to dial it in a bit more and maybe grow something a bit more beginner friendly.

The genetics shout is not a bad one because White widow is an old school dutch line that I love and she is generally not a big eater.
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:58 AM #14
00bladerunner

00bladerunner will become famous soon enough00bladerunner will become famous soon enough
I agree....your stuff looks decent in the pics. I would say it would likely be genetics aswell. I've had some strains that no matter what I did, I couldn't get the buds to thicken up and other strains that you don't pay too much attention too that do amazing. Finding good genetics is key to growing good pot, in my opinion. I cut some stuff a week ago that I thought was pretty fluffy looking and not too happy with, but as it dried, the buds tightened up and are starting to look really nice.
00bladerunner is offline Quote

Old 12-19-2018, 09:32 AM #15
VenturaHwy

VenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to beholdVenturaHwy is a splendid one to behold
I grew a blockhead seed that grew like that. After about 9 weeks I decided the genes were so crappy I just chopped it down and composted it. Some seeds really are garbage plants.

Don't put all of your eggs into one basket of untested genetics.
VenturaHwy is online now Quote

Old 12-19-2018, 09:50 AM #16
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of light
See if it gets you baked/satisfied! They don't look that bad and probably aren't finished anyway.
Guy Brush is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 11:58 AM #17
ChenBenTz

ChenBenTz will become famous soon enoughChenBenTz will become famous soon enough
The fact that you guys think this is my first grow really proves to me how badly I fucked up here.

I've been growing for 5 years, this is my 25th grow. Man, did I drop the ball here.

Unless you're right and it's genetics. In which case, I'm still screwed.

I'll make another post to compare these pics to the final buds (it's not pretty).
ChenBenTz is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 12:41 PM #18
maimunji

maimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud of
I will say opposite to others.
They look underfeed to me with terrible calcium deficiency from beginning of flowering. Fan leaves never reach full potencial look how small they are . Whats your ppm? There is always chance this to be genetick but i doubt look how chunky is top nugs. I think plant have some kind of potencial.
maimunji is offline Quote

Old 12-28-2018, 09:27 AM #19
palmeezy

palmeezy is on a distinguished road
are these from clones or have you taken any in recently? how many times have you grown this?

can you bend the stems a good ways without it snapping completely?
palmeezy is offline Quote