Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Washington State > WA ... State sees sharp rise in pot-involved fatal crashes

Thread Title Search
WA ... State sees sharp rise in pot-involved fatal crashes Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2015, 01:49 AM #11
Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant futureScrappy-doo has a brilliant future
And they didn't come to the conclusion that perhaps the % went up because more people are consuming cannabis? Doesn't prove that cannabis was the cause of these crashes. If the total # of fatal car crashes also went up that's the only way that arguement could have a leg to stand on. Otherwise duh of course the % of people with thc in their system went up because the % of the whole population using cannabis has gone up. It's not rocket science.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299402
Scrappy-doo is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:36 AM #12
acridlab

^^^ very good point

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 PM #13
Adze

Adze is a jewel in the roughAdze is a jewel in the roughAdze is a jewel in the roughAdze is a jewel in the roughAdze is a jewel in the roughAdze is a jewel in the rough
Scrappy-doo got it right. What if an equal number of drivers who weren't in fatal crashes were tested, would we find the use of cannabis has soared to 20% among them? What would that prove? Only the weak minded are persuaded by such statistical arguments.
Adze is offline Quote

Old 08-27-2015, 09:37 PM #14
Crusader Rabbit

Crusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant future
After medical marijuana use was approved in Montana and Colorado, drunk driving accidents went down because more people chose to smoke pot instead.
Crusader Rabbit is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 03:51 AM #15
Splatoid

Splatoid is on a distinguished road
I know for a fact how much more dangerous I was while drinking than when smoking pot. I cant say I have never been enough to not drive safely.I can remember an indecent where My bud turned me on to just one tiny hit and I thought stingy bastard. And got in my car and couldn't find third gear on my three speed Valiant.and got lost on the curve heading into town in the country on a road I drove on every day. But it was never as bad when I was drunk and i had to cover one eye to see only one car coming at me. And I still saw double.
But the stats that are thrown about are crap. Kaiser is making me take drug test's to be able to keep getting Oxy. I take about one every 3 days for about 7 years now. If they find marijuana in my system they cut me off. But drinking alcohol would be alright.Bastards!!!
Splatoid is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 08:23 AM #16
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
How many people crash while high as opposed to wreck while dead sober? You probably shouldn't drive while on anything but those statistics on pot related crashes seem a bit stretched.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 10:42 AM #17
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
You should not be high and driving no matter what, but this study does little to make a case against pot. No idea how much thc in the people and the other drugs involved. Propaganda again. I will drive after the initial heavier buzz subsides, but even then rarely do. After an hour I am not very high no matter what I smoked.

For me pot does not make me less aware or mess with reactions but does tend to promote daydreaming which is not good, like focusing on something interesting I see rather than the road. Alcohol messes with reactions, coordination and causes a lack of fear, all bad news.

Doing concentrates and edibles is something else again. I could see a problem there.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 10:53 PM #18
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant future
How does the quote go? Is it: "Damn Lies and Statistics"?

The whole modern conception of the world is founded on the illusion that the so-called laws of nature are the explanations of natural phenomena.”

“… even when all possible scientific questions had been answered the problems of life would remain completely untouched” (Wittgenstein)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 12-25-2018, 06:24 AM #19
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
How many of these crashes were from out of state drivers trying edibles for the first time? How many were in-state drivers trying edibles for the first time?

Prohibition ripples are freaking stupid. Stifling information is dangerous and has caused a huge backlash in society.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote