Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Is this mold or trichromes? pics

Thread Title Search
Is this mold or trichromes? pics Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2018, 11:26 PM #21
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
Muleskinner beat me too it I'm an outdoor grower in the PNW so I know mold. Cystolithic hairs look a lot like mold under magnification. Notice how it's only on the stem. Mold usually starts in the flowers and then rots into the stem. There's usually discoloration cystolithic hairs are always white.

The other evidence that it's not mold is that you didn't hack your brains out after smoking some. Mold always tastes terrible and smokes like shit. If you fuck up and smoke some after the first hit you don't want any more.
therevverend is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:26 AM #22
SweetJ138

SweetJ138 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
I found the answer - it's not mold, the filaments are just "cystolithic hairs" - have a look:

https://www.instagram.com/dynasty_ge...d=bo7cw7u6ti27

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystolith

thanks for posting that. i wondered about many nugs in my day with those on the stems.
SweetJ138 is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2019, 07:11 AM #23
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to all
One thing is certain if you smoke long enough your gonna run accross and probably smoke some moldy weed. Especially if your a outdoor grower. If it taste and smoke good I'd say it's probably ok. I've seen some absolute shit weed in my days that I can't believe I paid for. Sometimes I've seen shit so bad a little mold ain't gonna matter that much. I wouldn't smoke moldy shit nowadays but when I was a kid we didn't care. But like Paddi said you'd cough your lungs up if it was very bad. I've found out about 25yrs ago to grow my own shit. I know what's sprayer on it, what it's feed, how it's flushed, cured etc. When in doubt if I got alot of weed I'd separate anything in question. If I didn't have much weed and thought there's a little mold on it id probably smoke it if I REALLY had too lol. I know mold is serious stuff. Ive been cleaning out a basement full of it. Hopefully your weed is ok friend I hate to see someone have to smoke shit like that

realgorillaclothing.com

WVs Outdoor Critical/Chem grow !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354027

WVs Outdoor RealGorilla strains
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355383
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote