Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Greenhouse and heater question.

Thread Title Search
Greenhouse and heater question. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2018, 02:01 AM #11
LostTribe

LostTribe has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
#1Cheesebuds, dairy room heaters are small and very efficient. One or two should serve you well. I switched to them instead of propane. Only $20 per heater.
Peace. MedDakotabis
If you are using propane burners and you seal up the green house you would have the advantage of supplemental CO2 though?

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is online now Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 10:18 AM #12
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to all
Unvented sucks. You have to keep in mind greenhouses aren't insulated well so they have to run allot more then if it was in a building.

Burning propane puts out allot of unwanted moisture. And unwanted gasses. I have seen plants get sick in greenhouses with unvented heaters. I have seen it happen a few times. Also u mostly have to heat at night and you don't need extra c02 at night.
I would rather pay more for electric. I use pellet heat in my greenhouse and it kicks ass and is dirt cheap. Pellet stoves and furnaces are not cheap but they are cheap to run.

Vented furnaces only for me
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 05:24 PM #13
xavier7995

xavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to all
I am real excited to see how my little greenhouse does this winter, came with the house. It is only 4 or 5 x 8 or so. The thing is really well constructed and has misters and a swamp cooler for the summer with a thermostat, there is a plug for heat...but so far havent put anything in there and stuff hasnt died. Hopefully i can keep the weed going through December, i think trying to extend into January and February without supplementing heat would be a mistake.

The recommendations for some of the smaller heaters are really helpful, keep em coming.

Instagram: xavier7995
xavier7995 is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 11:01 PM #14
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to all
Wow. That's a really intense 4x5x8 greenhouse. Don't think i have ever seen something so small so tricked out.

For small heaters. To heat a little hobby g house. I think there are really only 2 options. A little electric space heater like farmer lion suggested. Or an RV propane furnace.
A 1500w space heater produces about 5k btu. Most Little 12v Propane rv furnaces put out about 16k or so after accounting for efficiency loss. They are the smallest VENTED furnaces you can get. You get a Little thermostat for them and they turn on and off when needed.
The only little hobby greenhouse i have is for keeping moms alive in the dead of winter. I use a propane rv furnace i picked up off eBay used for 200$. You can find em used everywhere.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2018, 01:02 AM #15
Steven/nevetS

Steven/nevetS is on a distinguished road
What about placing oil drums filled with water / or conductive non flamamabe / ignition free fluid to collect the daytime temps when the sides are up, closing at night?
May not hold the temps all night through but could even go a step further running a hot pipe & cold pipe; hot pipe running along side or through with the cold pipe also having the abbility to dump hot and cold into enclosed and qealed barrells with an overflow?
Or even just recirculate, feed aquaponics.
Possibilites could keep going.
But ambient heat from day to day & fans kept just bellow their min optimal speed?
For starters to see how it goes?
Steven/nevetS is offline Quote