Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Fusarium Spp.

Thread Title Search
Fusarium Spp. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2018, 06:18 PM #81
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by issack View Post
I had this problem for two grows.. then it completely went away once my temps went down to 78 in the room with lights on, and then 73 to 72 with lights off with 55% humidity. I have not seen one sign in last three grows. Before that I was having humidity spikes and my temperature was in the mid 80s with lights on.. also 5 mill of sm90 per gallon in every rez change..

Heat is the true culprit is what I have learned. And if your pot is too big as well, and you plant is not utilizing all the water quickly. But it seems there are deeper strains of this that will linger from what all you have been describing. I'm just voicing what helped me kick it.
was on the phone with someone yesterday and he freaked when I said my flower room was at 82 and said to drop it to 75 right away and I have.

now your saying this is giving me hope honestly, I have big pots and this is whats happening, going to have to water them with 2-2.5 gl instead of 3 and max 1.3 ec for food from now on.

after this dreaded run with promix ill be back to only doing coco and small pots. I have sm90 but not sure if it mixes well with hygrozyme, if so, I will go back to using that stuff since I never had this problem when using it in the past.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:11 PM #82
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
It's definitely hit again, here's a good example of what's happening.

(Ogkb2.0/promix hp/Jack's,calnit,hygrozyme,fulpow er)

Notice how the the two nugs are right next to each other except the one on top barely has trikes and no plump, more hairs, and there is no stick or smell. The one below her however is straight fire, loads of stank and stick.

Is this fusarium or something else?
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2018, 08:06 PM #83
gmanwho

gmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant future
so back to frankie1579 was saying towards the last post, almost indicating he would give his method/findings/actions with payment maybe. one can only speculate his motive... maybe trying to market his own product eventually. not sure.... either way if it helps someone out down the road its a positive thing.

First. Calling frankie1579 a selfish piece of trash in the end. Why? its quite simple..... He starts a thread here seeking information an requests help from others. For a bunch of posts he does provide usefull information,as do others, but then in the end he suggests he is withholding information. Chooses to be selfish an announces he is witholding new information that could be helpfull. SHAME on you frankie1579, this is why we still should have negative rep!!!! Post 77, paragraph/ line 4

bottom line, we need to learn, an lately i find myself reading from the greenhouse big agg industry and university papers

something noted in my readings of ag papers, noted that certain fungi/spores/pathogens if u will, thrive in higher nitrogen environments. now there are 3 different types of nitrogen. one of the possible accelerators of the spores could be linked to the type of nitrogen. there is nitrate, ammoniacal an urea.

so if your veg nutrient is high in these ammoniacal or urea nirtogen, u may be feeding the problem so to say...

again i am not a horticulture botanist or scholar by any means. im wondering if ammoniacal an urea type nitrogens speed up/ feed / help reproduce the spores we are seeking to destroy. this nitrogen i believe will supply the plant with the fastest nitrogen. an because of that, it is most likely the easiest source of food for the fusarium spores.

also....... if you use "nitrogen fixing bacteria" this may aid in the development of fusarium spores..

any thoughts..??

i myself recently started using poolshock (Calcium Hypochlorite) in every watering. plants that have been in a veg stasis the past months have started growing again.

current pool shock treatment is

45 grams of 68% poolshock/calcium hypocchlorite to one gallon of ro.
then that stock solution i use 3 mill per gallon in my hand watering feeds. let the plants dry down. an always under size the pot so things dont stay to wet for days.

so far i have seen positive results. any standing reservoir gets 4 mills per gallon every 3-4 days.

clean every container, scissors, plant stakes ph meters with the stock solution. sterile sterile sterile..

Now the pool shock will not kill the main fusarium cells if they are thick walled, but it will kill the spores an prevent spreading. something im still learning on is the life cycle if these diseases.

only thing at this point of my reading i have found says heat or chemical can kill the thick walled cells. oxidizer sterilization will only go so far.

If a fungi has setup in the stem of the plant, it can and will be passed with new cuts.

i am currently trying banrot in veg stages only. 1.5-2mills per gallon.

** banrot is systemic, an it may not be the best choice for cannabis. but at this point i am trying as i have lost so much already. it has been a steady decline the past 2 years and last 6months have been bad. i have had a seriously huge reduction across the board of both quality an yield. Plants have wilted an died 20 days before harvest.

**I would even go as far as to say, Fusarium or pythium could be the main reason this term " Dudding " has been thrown around. As well as with stem nematodes, Fusarium can setup in the stems, reproduce an cause blockages of vital plant water an nutrients.

******Looks like some have been using a safe product called Zerotol 2.0. Zerotol maybe the choice right now!! But it looks like a preventive an rootzone cure. it does not appear to be systemic, so if something was already in the stem ,it would not cure. It is also good to point out that if zerotol is used, it will most likely kill off any of your other beneficial bacterias. so using og biowar or myco or trichoderma would be useless an counterproductive.So i would think that at this point of using zerotol, u are going to a sterile reservoir.

It is hyrdogen peroxode and Peroxyacetic Acid. Now at current $170 a gallon price seems expensive for 27% hydrogen peroxide an 2% Peroxyacetic Acid. quick calculations, one like me may benefit from mixing my own when you maintain 6/700+ gallons on a weekly basis. https://www.biosafesystems.com/zerotol-2-0/ ****

some links
https://www.cabdirect.org/cabdirect/...ct/19610300692

https://apsjournals.apsnet.org/doi/a...997.87.12.1250

https://www.biosafesystems.com/zerotol-2-0/

a suggestion that biochar could suppress.
as well as zinc an copper.

***last edit 12/4/18, 12/7/18,12/10/18 any " * " indicates something that was updated. i will edit this post as i go and change or add information as it becomes relevant.***

Last edited by gmanwho; 12-02-2018 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: added links
gmanwho is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:08 AM #84
Big Nasty

Big Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really nice
Nitrate is the best/fastest form of nitrogen for cannabis but is also the most expensive and easy to leach therefore not very efficient outdoor,ammoniacal is readily available but is the worst for the plant and the easiest to overdose,urea is useful in soil only and for big operations because is cheap and needs to be broken down by bacteria.Fusarium isn't a big problem,if your soil(and the plant) is healthy it should not attack as is easily outcompeted by beneficials bacteria/fungi.In hydro nitrate is the way to go.
Big Nasty is offline Quote

Old 12-07-2018, 05:05 AM #85
Muleskinner

Muleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really nice
Didn't read this whole thread but did anyone mention Rootshield? Great organic product for root diseases - it innoculates the roots & soil against Fusarium. I would definitely do a complete cut-down and sterlize first if I had an outbreak of Fusarium though.

https://www.johnnyseeds.com/tools-sup...-lb.-7481.html

Old 12-08-2018, 12:58 AM #86
gmanwho

gmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Didn't read this whole thread but did anyone mention Rootshield? Great organic product for root diseases - it innoculates the roots & soil against Fusarium. I would definitely do a complete cut-down and sterlize first if I had an outbreak of Fusarium though.

https://www.johnnyseeds.com/tools-su...-lb.-7481.html

I have been using rootshield plus granuales for some time.i bought a 5lb or so box. Been using many other compost teas. OG biowar, an a few others i cant recall atm. I believe it does help, but never gets rid of the problem.

Now that i look back, i have fought this for years...
gmanwho is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:33 AM #87
beta

beta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud of
Who's had luck with Mycostop in treating fusarium?

Can someone give me the name of the root specific form of fusarium? Thanks!
beta is offline Quote