Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Plant Drowned in DWC?

Thread Title Search
Plant Drowned in DWC? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2018, 12:01 AM #1
rural

rural will become famous soon enoughrural will become famous soon enough
Plant Drowned in DWC?

Growing in a 5 gallon bucket, I recently noticed the leaves drooping badly.

Did some quick checks, ph, tds, etc... and noticed my air pump was dead or dying, just not putting out the bubbles.

Quick searching around and I decided the plant was drowning, seems logical. Changed out the pump, lots of bubbles now.

Trouble is the plant never came back. Once it drowned was it too late to try and save it?

I also thought maybe a lot of good bacteria died due to lack of oxygen, and the bad bacteria maybe flourished. Changed out the water, new nutes, ph, etc...

Still won't come back.

I do think it is too late, but anyone have any ideas, tips, etc?
rural is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2018, 12:44 AM #2
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
Pics of the plant and roots would be helpful.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Starkes Story: An LED Tale Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2018, 02:28 AM #3
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
Let it dry out some and put it back in the bubbles is the only thing you can do. Most likely it's done.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2018, 03:01 AM #4
Sign

Sign is just really niceSign is just really niceSign is just really niceSign is just really niceSign is just really niceSign is just really niceSign is just really niceSign is just really niceSign is just really nice
How does this happen? I took a plant newly in flower and removed the air stone, it thrived for another few weeks until it had pollinated a girl then I killed it but it was doing great until then.

I also grew other plants through without ever an air stone.

Based on what I've seen I think it's failure to thrive is from something else. Try dropping the water level so it can breath from the top roots and make sure the nutrient solution isn't too strong
Sign is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2018, 03:31 AM #5
DrDee

DrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the rough
rural,
You didn't say whether you treated for root rot...or not. Good idea to swap out water and nutes etc., but if a problem has started on the roots...it's probably still there. So give it a shot of H2O2 or bleach...your favorite treatment...and go from there.
JD

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:59 PM #6
rural

rural will become famous soon enoughrural will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the ideas and tips.

I had tried H2o2, forgot to mention that.

I might try and lower the water level next time, if it ever happens again.
rural is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2018, 08:29 PM #7
gh0stm0de
Vendor

gh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nice
I second DrDee's conment regarding using h202 to revitalize roots. I personally go the sterile route with dutchmaster zone, but depending on what you are running in your res, you may get great resultd from introducing an ewc or aact(teas).

Based on your description, it sounds like your roots suffered from lack of oxegyn and have not recovered.

Please detail your h202 process. How much did you add? Did you continue to aerate during this time? How long did you expose roots to h202 ?

I absolutely love dwc, but it is not forgiving.

Ceramicsolutions.us

630W DE CMH fixture powered by dimmable Low Frequency Square Wave ballast - $240 shipped

630W DE CMH bulb and LFSW ballast - $200 shipped
gh0stm0de is offline Quote