Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > taking bigger clones

Thread Title Search
taking bigger clones Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2018, 05:32 AM #11
larry badiner

larry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the rough

this is one clone I had in a tray with tap water, you can ph to 6.0 if you want. i don't remember using any cloning supplement, just tap water and a little bit of nutes stuck to the bottom of my watering container. i kept some water in the tray and i check on them once every few days. if i used dip and gro rooting hormone there would be more roots, with visibly long hairs and whiter

remember: bigger clones = bigger roots = bigger plants, from my experience

my best advice to impatient growers is get medicaid, score anti anxiety pills, or get a pell grant and buy a qp
sponsored by diazapam

remember to apply the scientific method to your grows!
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/scien...entific-method
larry badiner is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2018, 04:25 PM #12
Mustafunk
Vibes Collective

Mustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant future
The only issue with bigger clones could be the bigger chance to dehidratation and wilting, since they have more plant tissue evaporating water than a smaller clone. That's also the reason some people cut the big leaves a bit.

But apart from that the rest should be the same. Bigger cuts could be definitely useful sometimes.
Mustafunk is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:21 PM #13
larry badiner

larry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafunk View Post
The only issue with bigger clones could be the bigger chance to dehidratation and wilting, since they have more plant tissue evaporating water than a smaller clone. That's also the reason some people cut the big leaves a bit.

But apart from that the rest should be the same. Bigger cuts could be definitely useful sometimes.
from my experience, the most important part of cloning big plants is water, i use these plastic trays and as long as i have some tap water in there, plants will root, i dont use airstones/air pumps and i have not had a clone rot, i use rockwool and roto rooters and they keep water at the perfect level

my best advice to impatient growers is get medicaid, score anti anxiety pills, or get a pell grant and buy a qp
sponsored by diazapam

remember to apply the scientific method to your grows!
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/scien...entific-method

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:35 AM #14
BC32

BC32 is on a distinguished road
I am curious to know if your longer clones ended up working out. I took a couple extra foot long ones and tossed them in the cloner to see if they work.
BC32 is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2019, 12:08 AM #15
larry badiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC32 View Post
I am curious to know if your longer clones ended up working out. I took a couple extra foot long ones and tossed them in the cloner to see if they work.
Everything’s working fine on my end.

How did your clones go? I took a huge clone of this positronics purple haze plant and gave it to a club, they said it rooted fine. Was about a foot tall