Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > THC-CBD: Home potency test kits

Thread Title Search
THC-CBD: Home potency test kits Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2018, 08:22 AM #1
Treevly

Treevly will become famous soon enoughTreevly will become famous soon enough
THC-CBD: Home potency test kits

There is certainly some discussion on cannabis forums about home test kits, but I am surprised that there isn't more, given the amount of online discussion there is about other marijuanistic subjects. (I just made that up.) There seem to be two companies lead the charge in selling kits using Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) technology: Cannalytic Supply and THC Test Kits, in the area of $150 for the same kind of kit. Alpha-Cat is European a little more expensive, but perhaps not on a per-test basis.

On examining the two sites, I conclude that Cannalytics Supply has a somewhat slicker, more professional site, and is well written. However, the THC Test Kits site has an instructional video and links to live hands-on training courses in various locations in North America.

I started this thread in the hope that people with experience with such equipment might comment about what they think to be the best approach and/or product.

If I have broken any rules about mentioning brand names, I'll expect to hear about it.

Thanks
Treevly is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:20 AM #2
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=349227

Save you the trouble.

dank.Frank

culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

Old 11-25-2018, 09:28 AM #3
Treevly

Treevly will become famous soon enoughTreevly will become famous soon enough
Thanks. Yes, I had read that.
Treevly is offline Quote

Old 11-25-2018, 05:34 PM #4
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
The CBD thread only covers CBD. You will find links to the other home THC testing methods in the same thread. Bottom line, it's much less expensive to get the materials and do the tests yourself.

Nothing wrong with a pre-made kit if it gets the job done for you, and you walk away smiling.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 02-06-2019, 03:13 AM #5
big315smooth

big315smooth has a spectacular aura aboutbig315smooth has a spectacular aura aboutbig315smooth has a spectacular aura about
i saw a video on a home test kit it involved putting a little bud in a vile adding chemicals shaking it then dropping solution on a paper graph. the color would spread out and have numbers measuring thc
big315smooth is offline Quote

Old 02-06-2019, 03:32 AM #6
useless.gardens
IC Mag Supporter

useless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivor
i use the cannalytics version. its a great way to get in some testing on strains you find from seed.