Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > The rough way to make hashish

Thread Title Search
The rough way to make hashish Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2018, 07:58 AM #31
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffnPufferfish View Post
no
if you do it right, theres NOTHING left on the material

looked around the house for a midnight diy solution for wasting some trim, cloth works
View Image
One time a couple years ago I dumped a whole bottle of cold Everclear on a QP of ground, sifted trim & larf to see how much oil was left in the stuff and came away with not quite a gram of oil, less than 1% of the weight of the stuff I extracted from.
Since this is the quick & dirty hash thread, here is a picture of the stuff I sifted off ground trim a couple days ago.

This is the tools of the trade, small jars, a 250 micron pieced steel tea strainer, a steak knife and a piece of xerox paper and a chest freezer (not in photo).

Nicest stuff is what was left on the inside of the jar I frozen the material in before sifting it

Last edited by PDX Dopesmoker; 10-09-2018 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: improvement
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:46 PM #32
Night4wings20

Night4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really nice
That looks mighty tasty. I just tested out my bubblebags on some 1 year old leaf and the results aren't too bad for what I started out with Still contaminated but yeah not bad imo.

Here is a photo
Night4wings20 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:34 PM #33
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to all
I have also been using the nylon stocking and a bowl to make hash. I saw someone do it in Hightimes years ago and it stick with me. I am going to up grade to some kind of screen for more consistency.

I buy my nylon stockings and a bowl at the dollar store. $2 simple inexpensive and works really well.
Hydro8 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:29 AM #34
Night4wings20

Night4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really niceNight4wings20 is just really nice
I wish I knew about the stocking method before spending $250+AUD for my bubblebags. Oh well haha
Night4wings20 is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 07:32 AM #35
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond repute
I smashed up a bunch of frozen, untrimmed little buds in the Cuisinart

Closeup look

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:11 AM #36
PDX Dopesmoker

This is what it looks like after sifting

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:56 AM #37
HaHaHashish

excellent quality starting material and I'd hit that sift all day long.
Nothing is better than deep hits of dry sifted resin....I've got some trim and small buds that will soon be dancing across my screens.

Next time try sifting without freezing the material beforehand and without the electric grind to ensure purer, less contaminated end result. Make sure the buds are dry (this might take months of cool, dark, dry) and the sifting is done in a room with low humidity and low temps, so use a dehumidifier &/or A/C (a walk in freezer would be ideal!). Break up the bud over the screens into budettes and gently screen this, set aside this first sift then break up the material into joint rolling size and re-sift the material... you can freeze this material, break it up into a finer mix and resift it a third time, which by then should be virtually resin-less.

Happy Sifting