Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > Critical Sour and Marroc outdoohh lets gooohhh!

Thread Title Search
Critical Sour and Marroc outdoohh lets gooohhh! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 PM #31
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud of
Quick update, past 3 days there was a good amount of frost in the morning, but the ladies didnt mind much... some of their hairs got a bit burned but besides that not much stress...

Maroc 2 is getting chunky as hell, no signs of mold, needs another week to finish properly, I think it will go well! Her colas are the size of soda cans and smells amazing!

Maroc 1 is still a few weeks away from the finishing line, more like 4-5 weeks, probably will ride till the end of October. We shall see how they will go, no mold so far and she still green and happy which is a plus!

I also got another Maroc in the bush and 2 half Critical Sours I left there to rippen a bit more, I will try to go and check them when possible!
Buddah Watcha is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:01 PM #32
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud of
Marocs

M1

M2

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:02 PM #33
Buddah Watcha

CS, theres 2 left there, mostly bottoms, I did a hard inspection a few days ago, but its been raining since, so hopefully things didnt go to shit... I did have to remove 2 little nugs that were starting to mold... not much tho.. there is also a Maroc there (not pictured) that needs another month prolly!

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:37 PM #34
Buddah Watcha

The remaining of the Critical Sours and the Chunky Maroc (2) came down today, it was either today or in 3 weeks... so now there are only 2 Marocs (1 and 3 not pictured) left... The weather is still nice, this week should be dry, hopefully it will keep like that for the rest of the month!

Anyways, sorry I couldnt snap any pics today but I will try to get some dry nug shots!

Peace!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:43 PM #35
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah Watcha View Post
And here are the Critical Sours. I left one out there and a bunch of nugs of another one to chunk up real good. As you can see a few colas got quite bit damage from mold, but I removed carefully after harvest and maybe I lost around 10% mold total, which is acceptable by my standards, considering the weather situation where I live!

They finished early as promised, which is a must where I live, after October is really a gamble! They all showed very chunky fat nugs, which really surprised me. These colas were super dense and no wonder mold had started, in my experience strains with this characteristics outdoors will most likely start to mold. Some branched out more than others, especially the ones that received the supercrop treatment! Smells were very good, there is one that smells a bit like pineapple and citrus fruits that is very nice!

They really were a breeze to grow, I visited them twice after planting and they held their own out there! The spot I used received around 6 hours of sunlight a day and they loved it. Some of the holes were prepared with minimal efforts, very little amended soil brought in and they still performed like champs. Next year a nice top dress pre flower would make things better and keep them from yellowing so much, which helps causing mold...

Overall im very happy with this grow and consider it a successful year so far... I expect around 10-15grams per plant of nice herb in a few weeks once everything is dry and cured! Thanks again Mr.B, Enjoy the pictures, some really beautiful fall colors! Was a really nice day yesterday and I got to spend an hour or two with these lovely ladies, was a real treat! Another epic day which I will remember forever!

This one was in the front, the most photogenic from the bunch, nice fall colors!

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Woow and more woow
Amazing colours BW, really beautiful and impressive

TBH Ferry, our breeder and founder, created most of our strains with the idea of offering something that could be easy and versatile to grow and develop.
So, you makes us really happy by saying that it was quite easy and that everything went smooth with almost no problem.

Sorry to hear about mould but as you say, 10% it's kind of acceptable. Thanks for this info because I am really trying to gather all sorts of data and this is really useful to me.

I would like to know, if possible, about yield and so on, I am curious to hear about the dried weight.

The description of the Critical Sour matches quite well the genetics of the strain. I guess you'll start feeling the spiciness of it once dried, you will feel such a great combination of taste my friend!

Quote:
View Image

View Image

View Image

Well thats it! I will post some dry nug shots once things get there! And of course a smoke report

Peace!

Lovely plants
Seems like you'll get a nice yield out of these ladies

Quote:

Great job with the training of these Marocs, plants reacted really well and they look gorgeous with pretty even buds at this point!
Production won't be that bad either.

Can't wait to hear about smell and smoke of the Marocs, pretty curious about it!

Thanks once more for all these great pictures, a real pleasure for the eyes

Cheers

Mr B.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:35 PM #36
Buddah Watcha

Hey Mr.B... 10% is definitely acceptable in my books as well.. I could have stayed more on top and checked the plants more often and removed the specs of mold before they spread a bit... but its all good

The plants first harvest been dried and its been curing in the freezer for 2 weeks. I have taken a few samples here and there and the smoke is very tasty with a relaxed high..

I cant wait to try the Marocs. The chunky one has an amazing citrus/hashy terpene profile which reminded me of some good silver haze smell, very chunky nugs but somewhat airy, which is what probably kept mold away... The other Maroc is more on the sweeter and hashy side of smells...

The critical sours have a very distinct taste to it, reminds me of some herb ive grown outdoors in the past, very smooth smoke and pleasant high. I will pack a bong of some of it now and wake and bake and try to pay extra attention to the high for a proper review!

The big Maroc and the smaller on the patch are still rocking.. The will stay for at least another 2 weeks, I will be going out of town and wont be able to do anything plant related...

Tonight I think the last harvested plants should be dry enough. I will trim them and thrown them on the freezer for the cure...

I will try to get some yield report as well.. but my guess is around an ounce per plant... give or take...

Peace<!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:23 PM #37
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
I understand and it's still good indeed
Interesting, in the freezer? Quite curious to see the result

The smell of the Maroc sounds amazing, guess how will the smoke be?!
Critical S. effects it's indeed a smooth and relaxed one. Nice that your experience coincides with the common phenos! How about taste and so on? Any comment on that?

Good luck with the new Marocs, I am sure you'll have tons of fun!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Mr B.

Quote:
Hey Mr.B... 10% is definitely acceptable in my books as well.. I could have stayed more on top and checked the plants more often and removed the specs of mold before they spread a bit... but its all good

The plants first harvest been dried and its been curing in the freezer for 2 weeks. I have taken a few samples here and there and the smoke is very tasty with a relaxed high..

I cant wait to try the Marocs. The chunky one has an amazing citrus/hashy terpene profile which reminded me of some good silver haze smell, very chunky nugs but somewhat airy, which is what probably kept mold away... The other Maroc is more on the sweeter and hashy side of smells...

The critical sours have a very distinct taste to it, reminds me of some herb ive grown outdoors in the past, very smooth smoke and pleasant high. I will pack a bong of some of it now and wake and bake and try to pay extra attention to the high for a proper review!

The big Maroc and the smaller on the patch are still rocking.. The will stay for at least another 2 weeks, I will be going out of town and wont be able to do anything plant related...

Tonight I think the last harvested plants should be dry enough. I will trim them and thrown them on the freezer for the cure...

I will try to get some yield report as well.. but my guess is around an ounce per plant... give or take...

Peace<!

Old 11-05-2018, 08:53 PM #38
Buddah Watcha

Yesterday I harvested the last 2 Marrocs, the big one was looking very good, calyxes were able to swell nicely, plant took at least 4 or 5 frosts and took it like a champ, I wasnt able to find 1 spec of mold on it, very good mold resistance on this pheno! Lovely hashy cirtrusy smell to it, hanging dry right now for a week or so... sorry no pics, its been hectic here past few weeks...

Marroc 3 the one that wasnt pictures was also done enough to be harvested, there were a few spots of mold here and there but not so much of a biggie.... at this point im pretty spoilled with all the herb hanging around! Ill try to take some nug shots and hopefully Ill get the weight from everything together! And of course a nice smoke report!

Peace Fems!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:20 PM #39
Female Seeds
Vendor

Fatnastic news! No worries about pics, I totally understand.
Though, we will be waiting for the smoke report with great interest and obviously with some curiosity too

Take care,

Cheers,
Mr B.

Quote:
Yesterday I harvested the last 2 Marrocs, the big one was looking very good, calyxes were able to swell nicely, plant took at least 4 or 5 frosts and took it like a champ, I wasnt able to find 1 spec of mold on it, very good mold resistance on this pheno! Lovely hashy cirtrusy smell to it, hanging dry right now for a week or so... sorry no pics, its been hectic here past few weeks...

Marroc 3 the one that wasnt pictures was also done enough to be harvested, there were a few spots of mold here and there but not so much of a biggie.... at this point im pretty spoilled with all the herb hanging around! Ill try to take some nug shots and hopefully Ill get the weight from everything together! And of course a nice smoke report!

Peace Fems!

Old 01-25-2019, 11:14 AM #40
Buddah Watcha

Sorry for the delayed smoke report, we shall start with the Maroc, shall we?!

So, out of the 3 plants, the bigger one was my favorite one, it yielded around 160 grams of great smoke, the plants was harvested early november which is crazy at just over 50N... There was almost 0% mold, maybe 1 gram or 2 of the whole plant. The plant turned a dark green/violet color due to the cold. It survived a few frosts outside without complains. Great vigor displayed. The smells were citrusi and hashy, translate very well into the flavor, great taste! The high is clear, no body effects, all in the mind, not so euphoric or stimulating, very relaxed sensation of peace. This was a few people I shared with favorite smoke... also one of my favorite smokes if Im just trying to enjoy some tasty smoke! I suspect this strain has a decent level of CBD to it, if i had to guess 5-6% CBD and similar to THC... The other 2 phenos have similar effect and smell/taste, #3 is the strongest smelling of the 2 and a bit more airier structure. #2 had big airy nugs and not so much of the smell... I'll give this strain a 7.5 out of 10 for outdoor growing! I'm gonna try to snag a few more Marroc seeds for this year! Total harvest for the 3 plants was around 230grams! Solid!

So we move to the Critical Sours, most were harvest early October, which is great... Structure was short internodal space, not much stretch and it filled in nicely. Nugs are a bit more dense than I recommend for Northern Latitude Outdoor strain, but they seems to resist the mold fairly well. Average yield was around 15grams per plant. Not great, but not bad either, considering they never got watered and were straight into the native ground with minimal inputs and effort. The smells and taste are sweet and a bit floral, its very nice, I like it! Nothing too loud in smell or taste, but quite decent! Effects are quite balance, also not the strongest herb out there, but a nice relaxed effect with a bit of body to it. Nothing too narcotic and quite clear headed as well. Nice evening smoke! I still got a 4 Critical Sours seeds left that I will grow this year. I think this is a great guerilla strain for people around 50N. I give this strain a 7 out of 10 due to a bit of mold, but still a quality option for a outdoor run at northern latitudes! Total yield from 7 plants were around 90grams.

Thanks Female Seeds for the opportunity to run these strains, I would definitely give these strains another run outdoors... I will snap some dry nug shots and upload for yall!

Peace!

2 members found this post helpful.