Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > Critical Sour Test Grow Show

Thread Title Search
Critical Sour Test Grow Show Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2018, 08:34 PM #31
green-genes77

green-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Female Seeds View Post
And it was a fantastic grow green-genes77. I want to thank you for all your effort, the constant updates and for all the precise and detailed info. I really appreciated each of your updates, and your dedication to detail especially.

I must say that this last plant, it's a perfect ending to such a wonderful grow.
More and more tempting smells' descriptions

Lurking for the smoke report

Thanks once more,

Cheers,
Mr B.
It has been my pleasure! I have sampled a few of these nugs but haven't taken notes. I should have the final plant jarred up this week and then the smoke reports will commence.
green-genes77 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:15 AM #32
green-genes77

green-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of light
Dried Flower Report, Part One

This first set of five came out really nice, with a certain degree of variation between the plants that I like to see. Now that these nugs have had a few weeks to mellow and cure, it's time to get into the fun part.

Plant #1 has a rich earthy scent with some cheese in the background. Nice chunky appearance. Looks like good outdoor! The high is balanced at first but mellows into a classic body high that is very relaxing. Tastes sweet, earthy and a little tart. 94 grams.

Plant #2 is a little frostier than #1. This is more of a sweet grapefruit plant with a little cherry on the side. The earthy spice is diminished in the nose but is on full display in the flavor. Rich, earthy and complex smoke on this one. Thumping body high with little head. 108 grams.

Plant #3 Is quite frosty, with a more tapered appearance. Rich cheese and earthy spice with a solvent tang in the background characterize this one. Really unique. The flavor is really sweet and rich and finishes with a citrus sourness. Very yummy. Another very physical high, bringing a sort of numbness. 111 grams.

#4 Is again quite unique. ROCK hard with very nice trichome coerage and good flower to leaf ratio. Strong smell with earthy spice and sweet/sour pineapple battling for dominance. Sweet tart flavor that puckers the mouth a little. This one packs a bit of a creeper sativa high that starts off mellow and blasts off big time about five minutes in. Very nice. 124 grams.

#5 After growing the OD Grapefruit this year side by side, I think this is a very ODGF influenced phenotype of CS. This has a fantastic sour smell to it and is absolutely citrusy. The buds are a bit more conical and not as flashy looking as some, but the clear head high is so far the most euphoric and social of the bunch. 103 grams.

Last edited by green-genes77; 10-29-2018 at 06:08 AM..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:25 AM #33
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
Very nice smoke rep ++

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

Well they tell me ‘bout the pie up in the sky,
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you’re born and when you die,
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: holy seeds bitter cherry punch-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358248

Current: real gorilla seeds lemon dizzle-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358798
mr.brunch is offline Quote

Old 11-06-2018, 03:48 AM #34
green-genes77

Dried Flower Report, Part Two

Finally we've come to the conclusion. It is difficult sometimes to sit down and thoughtfully test some herb but good things take some time. Here are the final five Critical Sour smoke reports.

Plant #6 This one has a fuelly-tart, slightly earthy smell to it and very nice density. Quite good looking outdoor! The flavor of these flowers is very full and very floral/sweet. There is a bit of earth on the aftertaste as well. The high is extremely relaxing and a little numbing, with some nice buzzy clarity in the head. Well balanced. The flavor lingers on the tongue delightfully. 126 grams.

Plant #7 Is very dense, very frosty, and has very high jar appeal as a result. A little weak in the nose, though what is there is a sweet and spicy citrus and cherry profile that is really pleasant. The flavor is phenomenal. Extremely rich earthy spice with a hint of sweet cheese on the exhale. Two by four to the third eye type of high that has the body buzzing. I tested this when I had a tight shoulder from overuse and it seemed to help with the inflammation and discomfort noticeably. A very nice hashplant. 117 grams.

Plant #8 Is so far the one that reminds me most of the legendary Maroc. It has that sour dank floral element that makes my mouth water just like Maroc and a similar density to the buds, though it is not quite as frosty as that strain. Still beautiful! Smokes a lot like Maroc as well, with a rich earth and spice hit. Euphoric, smooth high that is less lethargic than many of the specimens above. Delightful herb. 108 grams.

Plant #9 Is the least dense by a substantial amount. Still nice looking, compared to her sisters she has a less optimal flower to leaf ratio as well. But the smell! This is the nicest expression of the pineapple and black cherry soda notes that I picked up across these plants over the summer. This one is really enticing to smell. The flavor is equally powerful, with big tart grapefruit notes that make the lips pucker before mellowing into an earthy sweetness. Smokes a bit harsh, likely because of the slightly leafy nature of the flowers. 117 grams.

Plant #10 Took a little longer and so gets her own bud pic setting! This is appropriate because these flowers really stood apart from most of the others besides perhaps #7, though #10 is more of a complete package and was the only of these plants to show rich Autumn colors in the final product. Dense flowers on a large plant produced the best yield of the sisters. These have a delicious smell full of dried fruit (cherry, plum, apricot, pineapple,citrus) and red wine. The fragrance and the appearance complement each other well. The flavor is sharp and fruity on the inhale, very very earthy and sweet on the exhale. The high is bright and lively at first, and its physical qualities wash in like a soothing wave over the next several minutes. Real medicinal stuff and great for just before bedtime, but not really daytime weed. 167 grams.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:03 AM #35
green-genes77

Impressions that are present in my mind at the moment:

Critical Sour is a good choice for people with limited space, heightened need for security, or need for something that truly finishes by early October, though of course there was an exception even to that rule.

If I were still a guerrilla grower this strain would be a mainstay due to its general low-maintenance growth, early finish, strong yields, nice flavors, decent to very good potency, and resistance to botrytis.

As a home grower it was a great early addition to the range of mid to late October plants that I grew this year, and everyone I share it with remarks on how smooth it smokes, how good it tastes, and how pleasant the high is. I liked the blend of quality and quantity here. It's the kind of plant that is really nice to have to kick off the harvest season nice and early. Had I started earlier I think some of these would have finished even earlier in September and that some of them would have produced closer to 250 grams.

Really fun to grow. The buds inflate like balloons overnight

It is altogether a strong line and fills an important niche in the harvest scheme. There were a couple of plants that I wish had turned out better, and I wish that certain terpene and trichome traits were more represented in the line. The high points were quite high though, and there are at least two plants, #7 and #10, that would make really good backyard production plants in many places, depending on the local/regional weather.

I may add more later, esp. better bud pics as they cure. Thanks again for the opportunity to run these this year. I miss growing them already.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:16 PM #36
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hello Green-genes,

You wrote down such a detailed and precise smoke report that I really have nothing to add. I only can thank you for such an outstanding work because reading through such descriptions of flavours, smells and appearance of your plants involved me a lot, and for sure not only me
This is more than a proper smoke report, it's a deep analysis of a new strain.

I also found really pleasant reading through your last impressions because everything you say is corresponding to the truth. I am really happy to see that our motto reflected your grow, that's for us an important goal.

Thank you once more for all the effort and passion, we absolutely keep in touch, my friend

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green-genes77 View Post
Impressions that are present in my mind at the moment:

Critical Sour is a good choice for people with limited space, heightened need for security, or need for something that truly finishes by early October, though of course there was an exception even to that rule.

If I were still a guerrilla grower this strain would be a mainstay due to its general low-maintenance growth, early finish, strong yields, nice flavors, decent to very good potency, and resistance to botrytis.

As a home grower it was a great early addition to the range of mid to late October plants that I grew this year, and everyone I share it with remarks on how smooth it smokes, how good it tastes, and how pleasant the high is. I liked the blend of quality and quantity here. It's the kind of plant that is really nice to have to kick off the harvest season nice and early. Had I started earlier I think some of these would have finished even earlier in September and that some of them would have produced closer to 250 grams.

Really fun to grow. The buds inflate like balloons overnight

It is altogether a strong line and fills an important niche in the harvest scheme. There were a couple of plants that I wish had turned out better, and I wish that certain terpene and trichome traits were more represented in the line. The high points were quite high though, and there are at least two plants, #7 and #10, that would make really good backyard production plants in many places, depending on the local/regional weather.

I may add more later, esp. better bud pics as they cure. Thanks again for the opportunity to run these this year. I miss growing them already.