Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > Outdoor Grapefruit Test Grow Show

Thread Title Search
Outdoor Grapefruit Test Grow Show Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2018, 08:58 PM #21
green-genes77

green-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to behold
And Then There Were Three

It's coming down to the wire with our ODGF and these last three plants look and smell really delicious. These are all very strongly grapefruit scented but there is also a bit of sour lemon tang coming in, especially in the least mature two. These should wrap it up around the 25th. The earlier one should be done about the 17th.

The earlier:

The later pair:

Preliminary testing of the dry product has commenced with good results, but I'll probably wait until there's a bit of a cure on the flower before doing anything in depth.

Final weights, impressions, ratings and budshots I'll provide as soon as they're available.

As far as weather goes, we're dry until the 17th and probably looking at rain increasing after that. I usually get through October with few problems and the frost isn't a problem until well into November. Those last two plants will be put to the test with some rain, but I have confidence in them.
green-genes77 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:11 AM #22
green-genes77

green-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to beholdgreen-genes77 is a splendid one to behold
The Final Three

We've been blessed with great weather in this second third of October. Forecast looks stable well into next week with warm, clear days, chilly nights and generally lots of sun and little humidity. This might give even the latest of the ODGF to get within the "maturity window" and give me a good idea of the all around potential of the pack.

Real quickly, here they are in order of how I believe they will be finishing.

Plant #7 looks like she needs another 7 to 10 days and is rock solid. Awesome grapefruit terps in this one.

Plant #8 has some beautiful color and a ton of frost. Not as dense as #7 and a bit sweeter/more tropical smelling as well. Will be "done enough" when the rains come

Plant #9 is a really nice sativa specimen that looks like she would finish around Halloween if she matured completely. As it is she'll probably come down about a week early but I think she'll be stupendous anyway. Majorly sweet grapefruit and hash scent.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:15 PM #23
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
We have quite lucky with the weather this season, at least in The Netherlands. I also could leave my Critical Sour growing until one week ago without a single bud moulding...

I am glad to see that almost your plants were harvested already, it's always a good sign in any case.
Around Halloween? Wow, quite some time for maturing but as far as I see from the pictures, you are right. Seems like they could go for another 10 days (since your last update), quite some white pistils around and buds could fill out even more. We shall see
Your descriptions keep on calling my attention, great job with terpenes profile green-genes!
Anyhow, no major differences between these last 3 ladies, ins't it? These were still part of the same long sativa-xmas tree pheno, or not? Maybe smells slightly vary but shape wise, they are really similar as far as I see, at least.

Thanks again for the constant updates, outstanding pictures of tasty ladies

Cheers and looking forward to seeing them chopped!

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green-genes77 View Post
We've been blessed with great weather in this second third of October. Forecast looks stable well into next week with warm, clear days, chilly nights and generally lots of sun and little humidity. This might give even the latest of the ODGF to get within the "maturity window" and give me a good idea of the all around potential of the pack.

Real quickly, here they are in order of how I believe they will be finishing.

Plant #7 looks like she needs another 7 to 10 days and is rock solid. Awesome grapefruit terps in this one.

View Image

Plant #8 has some beautiful color and a ton of frost. Not as dense as #7 and a bit sweeter/more tropical smelling as well. Will be "done enough" when the rains come

View Image

Plant #9 is a really nice sativa specimen that looks like she would finish around Halloween if she matured completely. As it is she'll probably come down about a week early but I think she'll be stupendous anyway. Majorly sweet grapefruit and hash scent.

View Image

Old 10-23-2018, 07:55 PM #24
green-genes77

Just about done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Female Seeds View Post
We have quite lucky with the weather this season, at least in The Netherlands. I also could leave my Critical Sour growing until one week ago without a single bud moulding...

I am glad to see that almost your plants were harvested already, it's always a good sign in any case.
Around Halloween? Wow, quite some time for maturing but as far as I see from the pictures, you are right. Seems like they could go for another 10 days (since your last update), quite some white pistils around and buds could fill out even more. We shall see
Your descriptions keep on calling my attention, great job with terpenes profile green-genes!
Anyhow, no major differences between these last 3 ladies, ins't it? These were still part of the same long sativa-xmas tree pheno, or not? Maybe smells slightly vary but shape wise, they are really similar as far as I see, at least.

Thanks again for the constant updates, outstanding pictures of tasty ladies

Cheers and looking forward to seeing them chopped!

Take care,
Mr B.
Thanks for providing the plants with such great terpenes! I am a sucker for a citrusy sativa. Indeed, the last three are fairly uniform in their Xmas tree structure and sour grapefruit tang. They are also uniformly dense in trichome coverage.

One of the final three came down yesterday and the other two will come down tomorrow. They are plenty mature and although they could stand an additional 5 days, we are about to get a week of wet weather. These will still make tremendous medicine.

#7-Harvested 10/22:

Very potent citrus tang on this one and great colors!

These are the final two. Like I said, these will be mature enough at chop to make high quality medicine, which is the whole point after all.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:02 AM #25
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of light
they look nice and greasy, good job green!
Noonin NorCal is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:54 PM #26
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
These last 3 plants are amazing, and definitely ready. I mean, I understand your point on the maturing and medicine purposes but they were looking quite good. The last plant could have indeed stayed a bit more, but you did the right move.
The colours you got on these last 3 ladies are really beautiful, and all that frostiness around makes them shine even more for real, such a nice layer of christals. Tbh, I could almost mix them with a Maroc.

Thank you for your dedication and time, always appreciated it.

Looking forward to hearing about the smoke

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green-genes77 View Post
Thanks for providing the plants with such great terpenes! I am a sucker for a citrusy sativa. Indeed, the last three are fairly uniform in their Xmas tree structure and sour grapefruit tang. They are also uniformly dense in trichome coverage.

One of the final three came down yesterday and the other two will come down tomorrow. They are plenty mature and although they could stand an additional 5 days, we are about to get a week of wet weather. These will still make tremendous medicine.

#7-Harvested 10/22: View Image

Very potent citrus tang on this one and great colors!

These are the final two. Like I said, these will be mature enough at chop to make high quality medicine, which is the whole point after all.

View Image

View Image