Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2018, 01:01 PM #3281
TychoMonolyth
Senior Member

TychoMonolyth's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: 45N. Ottawa / Montreal corridor
Posts: 3,205
TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Hey where is the "making oil" post?
__________________
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote


Old 10-26-2018, 01:08 PM #3282
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 2,672
Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
Nice buds and cobs man,the goldens are like pure adrenaline for me,i feel like Eric Clapton on steroids even if i really suck as a player,it infuses rythm in my veins,better find something to do while the waves come
Tang,i forgot,how do you use the cob oil?sublingual?
Good to hear from you brother I can tell your getting right into it in a really cool way.



Only us cobbers know what your talking about he he.
The waves I love the waves and we are not talking about the ocean are we ha ha.


The oil is for smoking by a friend of mine but if I was going to i would just put the tiniest blob (half a pin head) on my tongue and the enzymes in my saliva would do the rest.
But its very very hard to not overdose. Cobs are a lot easier to get the dose right.


Give it a go with a well matured aged cob you will not believe what happens to you. This Malawi x Ethiopian oil is like a hot shot of speed/ecstacy the waves will give you a hard on. Well it did with me ha ha.
Looney tunes big time you will get lost in your own home.
__________________
For how to make cobs start reading from page 212 in the thread Malawi style cob cureing.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=2118
Tangwena is offline Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:11 AM #3283
HaHaHashish
Guest

Posts: n/a
I just started chewing about two small joints worth of cob, this will be the first time I've tried eating cob, it tastes concentrated, spicy and herby, kinda similar to some edibles I've made. Even after chewing for ten minutes or more and washing it down with water, there's still a herby, spicy, potentially potent tasting THC tang at the back of my throat

and now it's time to hit the town! Ye-haaahahaha I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Last edited by HaHaHashish; 10-28-2018 at 03:07 AM..
Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:13 AM #3284
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 2,672
Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Awesome!
__________________
For how to make cobs start reading from page 212 in the thread Malawi style cob cureing.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=2118
Tangwena is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:18 PM #3285
ColaCalyx
Member

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 72
ColaCalyx is a jewel in the roughColaCalyx is a jewel in the roughColaCalyx is a jewel in the roughColaCalyx is a jewel in the roughColaCalyx is a jewel in the roughColaCalyx is a jewel in the roughColaCalyx is a jewel in the rough
PxBH cobbing

Howzit friends! @Tangwena - thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm all in brother, I grew a lot of weed so I could give this a real try - whoop! @Big Nasty - yo man, Eric Clapton on roids? Haha - powerful!
Ok I weighed out 50g each for 3 cobs and I had a spare top to throw in the bag too - Geronimo!
There's pics of the weed before I wrapped them up for comparison. Also showing the Queen Mother cobs after the sweat yesterday. I wiped the condensation from one bag and left the other with the condensation for a moister fermentation. Smelled sweet and had the slight bitter citus rind smell - wow, I felt a little caution - pitchin' tent! Ended up doing 18 hours @95f for those. The PxBH cobs and vac'd top are getting 24 hours @105f.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_094912.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	474865 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_115812.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	474866 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_125722.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	474867 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_104941.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	474868 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_125740.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	474869

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_130813.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	474870 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_120004.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	474871
ColaCalyx is offline Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:06 PM #3286
Sertaiz
Member

Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 403
Sertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud of
awww thanks yall, i appreciate!
thanks repuk, i sweated it for almost 4 days in corn cob tied with hau bark. trying to attach a non cobbed bud pic here, hopefully.
my second cob with less moisture came out wayy less funky and dark so i like the more wet start. so far.

I am a fisherman for a living barely making it ghetto style out here with a 14 foot boat, but yall are welcome to come check it out anytime.
I am planning to travel pretty soon and go where i am needed to help with projects.

Thanks to the community and to tangwena. I am going about blowing peoples minds. this one rasta said it looked and smelled like some jerky. hahaha cant wait to eat a big chunk, i ate a small one and it was like homie said, spicy and intense tasting.
I love fermenting in general, amazake is the newest one i have learned of, so to be able to ferment my herb is like meant to be.
one other way i have eaten buds is dipped in hot coconut oil until done crisping, a few seconds, then into some brown rice syrup and back into the hot oil. i use small amounts of oil at a time as it absorbs some thc and it makes a dank crispy chewy candy. seeded bud is even better. i might have to try with a cobslice
Sertaiz is online now Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:54 PM #3287
CannaRed
Member

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 964
CannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud of
Hey guys, haven't been back to the thread since last year. Looks like you guys are really perfecting the cob.
I thought I would be cobbing now, but lost almost everything outdoors to mold, leaf spot, botryis, mud and three and a half different floods.
Oh well that's life outdoors.
In a month or so I'll try to cob a northern lights indoors cut I got from a buddys mom.
I'm going back to read the thread from where I left off last year and learn the advances you guys and gals learned from your experiments. - it'll take a while with my spotty in the boonies connection.

Question-
Since I was gone has anyone now tested the cannabis before and after cobbing to see terpene changes. One of things I remember was (I think) Sam saying it probably wasn't changing anything that would explain the difference in experience.


Thanks guys here is my purple cob from last year. Before bud smelled like grape candy with a tiny hint of licorice. After it was almost like garlicky, oniony grape.


CannaRed is offline Quote


5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:44 PM #3288
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 2,672
Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCalyx View Post
Howzit friends! @Tangwena - thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm all in brother, I grew a lot of weed so I could give this a real try - whoop! @Big Nasty - yo man, Eric Clapton on roids? Haha - powerful!
Ok I weighed out 50g each for 3 cobs and I had a spare top to throw in the bag too - Geronimo!
There's pics of the weed before I wrapped them up for comparison. Also showing the Queen Mother cobs after the sweat yesterday. I wiped the condensation from one bag and left the other with the condensation for a moister fermentation. Smelled sweet and had the slight bitter citus rind smell - wow, I felt a little caution - pitchin' tent! Ended up doing 18 hours @95f for those. The PxBH cobs and vac'd top are getting 24 hours @105f.
Looking good my friend use your nose when fermenting try to stop the fermentation by drying the cob when the sweet funky hash like smell deepens and you will hit pay dirt big time.
Looking spot on so far its not hard to get right but harder to get perfect.
Which you will want to do after you get it right believe me.

You will appreciate every cure and get instinctive thoughts on how you can improve it next time to suite your own taste.
Welcome to the cob club my friend it gets very addictive.
__________________
For how to make cobs start reading from page 212 in the thread Malawi style cob cureing.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=2118
Tangwena is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:46 PM #3289
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 2,672
Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sertaiz View Post
awww thanks yall, i appreciate!
thanks repuk, i sweated it for almost 4 days in corn cob tied with hau bark. trying to attach a non cobbed bud pic here, hopefully.
my second cob with less moisture came out wayy less funky and dark so i like the more wet start. so far.

I am a fisherman for a living barely making it ghetto style out here with a 14 foot boat, but yall are welcome to come check it out anytime.
I am planning to travel pretty soon and go where i am needed to help with projects.

Thanks to the community and to tangwena. I am going about blowing peoples minds. this one rasta said it looked and smelled like some jerky. hahaha cant wait to eat a big chunk, i ate a small one and it was like homie said, spicy and intense tasting.
I love fermenting in general, amazake is the newest one i have learned of, so to be able to ferment my herb is like meant to be.
one other way i have eaten buds is dipped in hot coconut oil until done crisping, a few seconds, then into some brown rice syrup and back into the hot oil. i use small amounts of oil at a time as it absorbs some thc and it makes a dank crispy chewy candy. seeded bud is even better. i might have to try with a cobslice
i love fishing if I ever get to your island I will look you up my friend for some insider info on fishing ha ha.
I can see you are on the right track once you turn your rasta friends on to it the skies the limit the future looks bright for you my friend.
__________________
For how to make cobs start reading from page 212 in the thread Malawi style cob cureing.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=2118
Tangwena is offline Quote


Old 10-27-2018, 11:53 PM #3290
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 2,672
Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
Hey guys, haven't been back to the thread since last year. Looks like you guys are really perfecting the cob.
I thought I would be cobbing now, but lost almost everything outdoors to mold, leaf spot, botryis, mud and three and a half different floods.
Oh well that's life outdoors.
In a month or so I'll try to cob a northern lights indoors cut I got from a buddys mom.
I'm going back to read the thread from where I left off last year and learn the advances you guys and gals learned from your experiments. - it'll take a while with my spotty in the boonies connection.

Question-
Since I was gone has anyone now tested the cannabis before and after cobbing to see terpene changes. One of things I remember was (I think) Sam saying it probably wasn't changing anything that would explain the difference in experience.


Thanks guys here is my purple cob from last year. Before bud smelled like grape candy with a tiny hint of licorice. After it was almost like garlicky, oniony grape.


View Image
Drunken Buddha
is doing exactly that as we speak. I suspect some changes will not be picked up as they dont test for new compounds only what they expect to find.
But we shall soon have some up to date data as far as they can test for it at the moment.
Meanwhile who needs data? If it gets me high i dont care how.
But it might make it easier to cure for the effects we want individually if we understood how to produce those changes and what those changes were made by.


Meanwhile I will just carry on experimenting using my nose, eyes and mind ha ha. It seems to work ok for me so far ha ha.
__________________
For how to make cobs start reading from page 212 in the thread Malawi style cob cureing.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=2118
Tangwena is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.

Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:20 PM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.