Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > Temp of clone tray with heat mat

Thread Title Search
Temp of clone tray with heat mat Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2018, 11:38 PM #1
stewart169

stewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to all
Temp of clone tray with heat mat

I am a first time cloner and I placed a heat mat under the dome and put some 6 cuts in rapid rooters with Clonex in the small seedling trays on the clone tray and put the dome on the tray. Next morning the digital thermometer standing on top of dome was 85 F and using a laser to measure on the tray under the cuts was 85F plus. Cuts were wilted and drooping flat on seedling tray/rapid rooter.
Temp in clone box was over 80 as well. Crap.
I yanked out the mat and used toothpicks to kind of prop cuts up.
Temp is 78 F and humidity 99%.
Cuts are not brown or dry, still green but drooping badly still. One actually looks a fraction better but it may be wishful thinking.

So with the heat mat I may have screwed myself which makes me wonder does everyone actually use these bringers of death ??
stewart169 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:48 AM #2
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
I use a heat mat under my tray with rapid rooters. I have the heat mat plugged in to a thermostat for heat mats. It has a temp probe coming off of it and I stick it in a rapid rooter with no plant in it. I set the temp on the thermostat to 75F.

This is what I use. It works great. Pretty much set it and forget it.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Seedl...words=heat+mat
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:55 AM #3
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Yup, 75 deg F is what I have read as well.
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 02:47 AM #4
stewart169

stewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to all
I suppose I need a thermostat for this one. Just hope my cuts pull through. I have no idea if I’m wasting time or not but I have nothing to lose by just letting them be.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:53 AM #5
Defacto

Defacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the roughDefacto is a jewel in the rough
I put spacers above the mat to allow the air gap to lower the temperature at the rooting tray.
Defacto is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:27 AM #6
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defacto View Post
I put spacers above the mat to allow the air gap to lower the temperature at the rooting tray.
until you get a t stat
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote