Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Hemp in North Carolina

Thread Title Search
Hemp in North Carolina Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2018, 04:14 AM #11
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
In my experience high CBD hemp and high THC weed look and are grown exactly the same. The market here for CBD hemp exploded in the last couple years. There is nearly no market for fiber hemp or seed hemp.
oldchuck is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:58 AM #12
Satyros

Satyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really nice
I did not realize that. Last I saw a major meeting brought in around 400 farmers. I imagine some may have gone with the hurricane. Strikes me as strange that fiber and seed are undesirable. So you mainly are growing a cannabinoid, with, I suppose, some arbitrary cap on THC.
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 01:33 AM #13
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
Fiber and seed require infrastructure and markets to be attractive to farmers. I think it will come but slowly. It seems that high CBD hemp has a much lighter infrastructure requirement and a market demand that was already there.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2018, 02:33 AM #14
Blaze20

Blaze20 will become famous soon enough
I think OldChuck nailed it. It's the current lack of infrastructure that's currently holding hemp back in those aspects. Obviously with the multitude of uses it's only a matter of time until that infrastructure is put in place and I believe it'll grow fairly quickly.
Blaze20 is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2018, 12:49 AM #15
Satyros

Satyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really nice
Ok, I guess I hadn't followed it much since pre-beginning, and had looked at a guy with a machine like a loom for processing fiber.

It turns out that not too far from here, there is a big hemp field just openly right there on the side of the highway, so, pretty clearly, I'm behind thousands of peoples' daily experience...
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 06:12 PM #16
Seed Buyer

Seed Buyer will become famous soon enoughSeed Buyer will become famous soon enough
My company has been providing indoor garden equipment in the Carolina's for the past fifteen years. We have the honor of working with the majority of licensed hemp growers in South Carolina and are working with quite a few in North Carolina. Field growing will be a huge challenge, especially for anyone east of I-95 due to levels of rain we get and the constant threat of hurricanes. There is a reason why the boys in southern Oregon and northern California dominate the outdoor cannabis market. The fact is does not rain from June to October gives them the upper hand. Full seasons plants will be hit and miss every year and day neutral cultivars in my humble opinion will be the only way outdoor production will be feasible.
Seed Buyer is offline Quote