Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Colorado will soon force you to give up home growing, just like in Canada?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Will Colorado lose the right to home growing?
No, it just can not happen. 2 6.90%
No, it is written into the constitution. 12 41.38%
No, we have it now and nobody can take it away. 4 13.79%
No, but not for the reasons stated here. (please state your reason) 3 10.34%
Yes, Colorado will fight but will be one of the last to fall but it will fall. 3 10.34%
Yes, If you can not collect Tax Dollars from home grows it will not be allowed. 7 24.14%
Yes, New legalization is all being formed without home grows. 3 10.34%
Yes, but not for the reasons stated here. (please state your reason) 2 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Colorado will soon force you to give up home growing, just like in Canada? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2017, 04:38 AM #11
Drewsif

Drewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really nice
Mmj was testing grounds for corporate interests who own this country and its labor force (collateral). Monsanto etc tracked how much fake government weed was sold. They ain't gonna let that money go to quality growers,if they can sell mass produced tobacco style bullshit (which they are, have you noticed the dispos wont pay for quality?)
Drewsif is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:09 PM #12
Yodaweed

Yodaweed has a spectacular aura aboutYodaweed has a spectacular aura aboutYodaweed has a spectacular aura aboutYodaweed has a spectacular aura aboutYodaweed has a spectacular aura about
This state has it ass backwards, why can't home growers get buds tested, why can't home growers sell to the dispensary, why can't home growers sell clones and seeds, all of these are because the greedy government wants more.
Yodaweed is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2017, 10:06 PM #13
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaweed View Post
This state has it ass backwards, why can't home growers get buds tested, why can't home growers sell to the dispensary, why can't home growers sell clones and seeds, all of these are because the greedy government wants more.
That's about how it was in California in the 00's.

It does seem like the Paperwork Requirements are changing.

Laws & Regulations that make it harder for "Ma & Pa" shops to keep up - make it clear that many of the Cannabis Laws are not designed to help small business.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2017, 07:48 PM #14
hellfire

hellfire is a jewel in the roughhellfire is a jewel in the roughhellfire is a jewel in the roughhellfire is a jewel in the roughhellfire is a jewel in the roughhellfire is a jewel in the roughhellfire is a jewel in the roughhellfire is a jewel in the rough
Cool

HB 1220 will make it so that you can't grow extended medical plant counts in residential areas. This bill also goes against the 99 plant count in the state constitution and is trying to force everybody down to 36.

I'd advise everyone to get involved locally if you are a patient or caregiver because it will be up to the county's discretion on whether or not to enforce this. Also agriculture and commercial property are still allowed to grow extended plant counts. They're really targeting residential areas.

Listening to that bill hearing was awful. Know nothing senators talking about grow rooms...tell ya what if I had 50 tomatoes under 6000 watts would it still be an issue? No...this is about money, tax money.
hellfire is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:06 PM #15
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 07-23-2018, 08:19 PM #16
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
This is not my post but it is relevent.

I remember being a medical refugee and moving to Colorado to have access to CBD/THC to treat my seizures which was in 2011.
After Recreational was legalized, interesting things happened in regards to real estate, resort zone taxes, patents, farm taxes and land uses, certification for growers, traffic laws.
In 2015 there was a Mayors and Governors conference in Colorado to "discuss" legalization in states.
99% of the conversations happening from podium and at tables was how to funnel the wealth towards existing business and connections, buy and then control the zoning for growing, and licencing fees as well as tax uses from cannabis towards police departments.
There was also an abundance of Monsanto Reps, and major land owners from within their respective states. As well as Sheriffs and State Highway Patrol departments from around the country.

I believe there is a major takeover on all fronts for cannabis, from owning the strains, names that are not trademarked, soil mixing methods that are posted freely online and not patented.
The foundation that was built by the underground community is being built upon by the rich descendants of early America.
It is the wild west, it is hard to own the seeds of food but they are starting to own almost all seeds (Monsanto), just imagine how easy it will be to take complete control of cannabis.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2018, 10:56 PM #17
Hippienuggz

Hippienuggz is on a distinguished road
A lot of people think legalization means your gonna be able to grow your own weed. Personally I'd rather grow it than smoke it, but sadly I don't think it'll happen. If you understand how the state works and the fact that most people won't give a shit as long as they can buy weed somewhere, it really shouldn't be surprising. The same state that locked people up for the 50 yrs I've been alive, will now profit from sales. That shit aint right, I'll never by from a dispensary, it just rubs me wrong. Like has already been said, its harder to squeeze every tax dollar out of homegrows and they're too greedy to do otherwise. Yes you can grow illegally, nothing will have changed, except the fact that the ones that profit are bigger and dirtier criminals - scratch that- I never saw a dealer as a criminal, more a service provider. People will see dispensaries as "legitimate ", all the while cursing their old dealer like a lowlife. They will gladly give their money to the biggest criminal douche of all.
And the constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper, their words not mine.
Hippienuggz is offline Quote