Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 27 42.19%
Yes, I am offended. 24 37.50%
No, I am not offended at all. 12 18.75%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2018, 01:13 AM #91
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
I have a small handful of friends that I know have had the opportunity to save their own ass by naming someone else, and took their fall. Its hard to predict who and who is not a true friend in those times. Do good business, treat people well, if you are doing good share some and do not gloat to those with less than you. Even the most shady of people would prefer to setup or rob somebody they consider another non trustworthy person.

Id like to think I have been able to live in the grey area between what right and what is legal because I I try to treat fellow humans with respect. At least until I learn the respect is not mutual.

Probably why this thread struck a nerve.
people facing jail do things they otherwise would not. Trumps ex-lawyer has recently said "my family is all that matters now." Donald should take note. i ate a LB in the 70s and was discharged from military. they knew where i got it, but could not find a dog to roll over for them, lol. got an "honorable" for loyalty i think...

Old 07-28-2018, 10:31 PM #92
purplepassion

purplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nice
This is the greedy side of cannabis, full of loan sharks and corporate anus mouths. What they don’t realize is that they are a short term path to be out of business. If states continue to legalize there will be a lot more people growing and undercutting these fuck wads that think their business schooling and marketing puts them above the real growers. We’ll take it back whenever we want it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:41 PM #93
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
The State of Alaska just yanked the license of a legal grower and retailer (one and the same outfit) in Los Anchorage. The issues appear to be record-keeping, alleged improper disposal of cannabis (People dispose of cannabis??!! I mean, other than by burning or vaping??!!), and for failing to pay somewhere near an alleged $169,000 (??) in taxes.

I'm wondering if the owner(s) will put forth a 5th Amendment argument re. record-keeping and taxes, for the Feds' (IRS, DEA, Marshalls, et al) insistence that canna is still a Schedule 1 drug per the (technically) intact/governing 1970 CSA, and requiring folks to assert accountings of how much of what they produced or sold is tantamount to a forced confession of criminal behavior; i.e., possibly an inherent 5th Amendment violation.

Meanwhile, yes, Passion, my market's all but dead, but many follow the licensed stores' pricing, etc., and many of the free-lancers continue to under-cut the stores.

The stores cuttings have been running $25 in the Interior last I checked. Non-licensed clones of very respectable variety can be had for between $10 and $20 on the black market. Sometimes free, depending on who you know, and how they feel about killing excess clones. At our home it's taboo. Rarely done.

One of the better stores in town is charging $220/oz., with an oz. being max legal public possession in Alaska.

QP's of unlicensed (black market) high-grade in the Interior can be had for $700 to $850, depending on a variety of factors, and some can be found for less than $700. Again, depending on who a person knows.

It's gas wars all over again.

Though I have noted that craigslist for the last 2+ years has been a virtual hot-bed of indoor and other grow equipment for sale up here.

I've toyed with what the motivation of folks selling equipment might be, to include old-time growers ridding themselves of older magnetic or digital ballasts for LED and/or cmh, OR, folks who were/are greedy figuring there's no way to compete with a legal market, and not willing to go down in price for their efforts, OR those who have taken legalization very seriously as the only true path, and now that it's here, have sworn off their former black market ways, OR some are newbie growers who thought it would be easy, and found they weren't meant to be horticulturists after all, OR.... OR.... OR.

But the 2 phenomenon are seemingly linked in some way(s); legal weed, and tons of grow equipment for sale in the used markets.

The people who will truly be screwed, unless they master outdoor growing in the sub-arctic, are those running generators in remote locations; flying fuel in to such places dictates that $200/oz. (or slightly more) is likely rock bottom for them, and then they'll either have to forfeit that income, or switch to a very short growing season outdoors, starting plants indoors in early to mid-spring, and finishing them with light-blocking cover/fabric before too far into August.

And, perhaps ironically, many of them are the folks who need an alternative income the most.
moose eater is offline Quote