Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 27 42.19%
Yes, I am offended. 24 37.50%
No, I am not offended at all. 12 18.75%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2018, 06:14 PM #71
Rider420

Rider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the rough
SAJLMFAO Smoking a joint laughing my fucking ass off.

If I could just share this joint with you all then I'm sure the anger would subside for at least a few hours.

A quick question for Canadians are you offended by cannabis growers and users who bad mouth legalization and the politicians that made it happen?
Rider420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:24 PM #72
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
No!
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 09:50 PM #73
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
SAJROFLMFAO
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 09:57 PM #74
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
I remember when years ago the "culture" surrounding genetics. When people hoarded clones and only let people who were "worthy" get one. The reality was the growers didn't want others to get good genetics and be competitors.

The genetics all came from Holland seed banks and growers would make up large BS stories about the origins.

Today in Denver I can choose from more then 100 different types of clones always rotating stock. $10-$20 each. People are just happy to get the clones out and see the genetics flourish. So much good cannabis has been created with this new legal environment.

Just one example of how things evolve and get so much better in a legal environment. I does suck for the growers who were making money hoarding genetics and selling over priced pot, but screw them, McDonalds is hiring.
green404 is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 10:05 PM #75
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider420 View Post
A quick question for Canadians are you offended by cannabis growers and users who bad mouth legalization and the politicians that made it happen?
Are you suggesting that we thank the politicians that jailed folks for cannabis and flip flopped on the issue and are currenly cashing in on the same cannabis plant they put people in prison for?

Yea, thanks for a bang up job you greedy greedy turncoat bastards.
Those are the folks that need to be imprisoned for their crimes against humanity.
How is that?

Here is some reading material if you wish to find the truth.
The same people that sent you to prison for pot, will now sell pot to you!
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:20 PM #76
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Back when it was common for proven clones to go for $100 each, up to $350 each where I live, I was selling clones to commercial operators for $25-$35 each, never denying access to any one plant I had, and often freely -giving- them to folks who were just growing for themselves, with no marketing involved.

The logic of which should be obvious, I hope.

I also typically did over-weight volume, whether oz's, QPs, or lbs. and sold for below market rates. Sometimes by $100-$300 per QP. Karma and marketing were both considerations.

Not everyone in the black market was cut-throat, nor without good business sense.

I wanted to be the best deal they could find locally, and knew that if someone got popped, and was pressed for a name or 3, as is & was common protocol among LEO, I wanted to be the name the unfortunate individual -really- didn't want to give up, either from knowing that I don't play those games without substantial cost, or for knowing that after such an ordeal, they were going to want to get stoned, and I had been fair to them.
moose eater is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 10:30 PM #77
shaggyballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by green404 View Post
I remember when years ago the "culture" surrounding genetics. When people hoarded clones and only let people who were "worthy" get one. The reality was the growers didn't want others to get good genetics and be competitors.
That statement shows you are out of touch with the cannabis culture. I have heard stories of folks shipping cut across the world for decades.

The genetics all came from Holland seed banks and growers would make up large BS stories about the origins.
The folks in your circle maybe, but some experienced the truth first hand.

Today in Denver I can choose from more then 100 different types of clones always rotating stock. $10-$20 each. People are just happy to get the clones out and see the genetics flourish. So much good cannabis has been created with this new legal environment.
Your really out of touch with the cannabis culture aren't you?
No wonder you hate it.
The curtain has been pulled back, not much is new.
Maybe some new crosses that is about it.

Just one example of how things evolve and get so much better in a legal environment. Well I can/have given several examples of how things are turning into a hot mess. I does suck for the growers who were making money hoarding genetics and selling over priced pot, but screw them, McDonalds is hiring. You are not a compassionate person are you?
You do mean those legal dealers in NV too right where they get $400 an oz. all legal like?
Because noone can grow due to the fact they live too close to a store...WTF is that shit anyhow?

It is not legal here and we have cheap clones here 100's of strains too.
$100 dollar oz of quality, maybe not to grade but $100.
So you see the type of legalization you offer is not an improvement.
If you get some form of real legalization drawn up, I will be all ears.
Until then a loud resounding NO THANKS!
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 PM #78
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose eater View Post
I wanted to be the best deal they could find locally, and knew that if someone got popped, and was pressed for a name or 3, as is & was common protocol among LEO, I wanted to be the name the unfortunate individual -really- didn't want to give up, either from knowing that I don't play those games without substantial cost, or for knowing that after such an ordeal, they were going to want to get stoned, and I had been fair to them.
This was the worst thing I always hated about the old illegal cannabis culture.. Rats and "narcs", it was very effective for LE to get people to roll on others and get more victims 1 turns into 3.

The psychological effect this had was also very strong it created a culture where everyone was suspicious of everyone "trust no one" type of rat race garbage mentality and reality.

Another aspect of the illegal "culture" I do not miss.
green404 is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 PM #79
Jonny Lan

Jonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider420 View Post
SAJLMFAO Smoking a joint laughing my fucking ass off.

If I could just share this joint with you all then I'm sure the anger would subside for at least a few hours.

Hell no! if the illegal growers and stoners weren't growing and smoking it all this time bringing the plant to light we would never have found cbd the way we did. if prohibition when it happened effectively got people to stop cultivating and possessing, then where would we be now? it wouldn't even have become legalized at all!
Now the government feels ok so its ok. But who's there to lock them up when they do something wrong when the people in the country they are supposed to be serving disagree with the thing they do? like sending our troops into wars that have nothing to do with us?

Old 07-22-2018, 11:00 PM #80
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
I associate, then and now, with very few persons I wouldn't have eat dinner at my table with my family, green. And if we did business, you probably DID eat dinner with my family, or at least have a beverage here.

Same for any work crews that came here, whether carpentry, plumbing, or ??? They got fed and wetted. Smoked up (with no canna business discussion typically) if they were into that.

But I grew up around sometimes-violent people, who weren't always well-hinged, as well as travelling fairly widely by thumb and elsewise, then worked in mental health for a good while as a clinician.

Human beings are largely untrustable. Not always out of malice, but more often out of self-serving priorities of one sort or another, or ignorance.

In the end, when principles smack into reality, most persons abandon principles, and lean toward self-serving priorities.

There's what they say, and there's what they do.. Back then, 99.9% of persons in 'the markets' said they would never give anyone up. Under the hot lights, with everything and everyone they cared about on the table, around that same number (95% - 99%) gave up what ever was asked for.

I'm a 'scorched-earth' policy guy from way back, and have strong opposition to ever losing anything willingly or cooperatively, mine or yours, to threats and systemic bullying.

As a kid I took a fall 2x's for items that were co-owned, and gave up no one. (*One of the goofy bastages whose acid got seized asked me for compensation when I got released; I told him the cops had his half of the stash and he should ask them about it. No "thanks for taking my half of the beef for me." Human behavior ain't what we think it ought to be MUCH of the time.

Any business I was ever involved with, and it went beyond weed for many years, was 'voluntary business,' done honestly, with clean products. My policy was that if another stepped in some fecal matter, then that was unfortunate, but their issue to take care of. Support? Sure. Help? Depending on what kind, and what might be done, but their issue in the end.

If they made the mistake of believing that my family, home, my freedom, etc., somehow became a convenient bargaining chip, then they were truly off into some distorted thinking. I expected what I gave. No.. I mandated what I gave be returned..

For that reason, I did very little retail business (a death sentence for those in production, imo), and VERY few persons did wholesale business with me that I couldn't look in the eye, and find some degree of true understanding with.

Yes, the stress from those years, despite 'screening' my social interactions well, and especially in light of activism going on all that time, was harsh on nerves. I don't miss that degree of angst at all.

But I also think we need to give each other room to be, in all walks, as long as persons are being decent, and treating each other respectfully.

I can think of plenty of legal markets where persons screw others, whether automobiles, furniture, appliances, etc., and often walk away smelling like roses. In any market, that's wrong. And even with legalization, that still goes on today. Just often involves different karmic or legal outcomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green404 View Post
This was the worst thing I always hated about the old illegal cannabis culture.. Rats and "narcs", it was very effective for LE to get people to roll on others and get more victims 1 turns into 3.

The psychological effect this had was also very strong it created a culture where everyone was suspicious of everyone "trust no one" type of rat race garbage mentality and reality.

Another aspect of the illegal "culture" I do not miss.
moose eater is offline Quote