Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 27 42.19%
Yes, I am offended. 24 37.50%
No, I am not offended at all. 12 18.75%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2018, 09:43 PM #61
Mengsk

Mengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to all
Met Dennis Peron once at a Halloween party

Mengsk is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:07 PM #62
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Dude do you even read my posts before responding??
Your insults are childish and I will not lower myself to your standards again, it was a week moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green404 View Post
I am a cannabis connoisseur and this is a cannabis site ? correct ? Do I have to worship low level drug dealers to be here ?
I should remind you of the fact that:
If judged by the same standard everyone involved with cannabis is a federal criminal, meth-head lowlife crackhead thug.
The state of colorado is basically involved in a federally illegal rackateering scam - licensing businesses to produce and sell a sched 1 drug that is federally illegal.

You keep try to telling people they don't belong here and that people who do not agree with you are not a part of "us". Who are you to set the standard of who gets to be on this site ? who is "us" Do you have a mouse in your pocket.
I have not told anyone anything, I asked why your here if you feel the way you do about cannabis.
I am not even going to reply to your post encouraging child molestation. but it doesn't surprise me coming from someone who has their avatar tag as genitals.
That's cool it was a low blow, but when a person is being attacked they tend to fight back with more attacks.
Just end your personal attacks on me and that will be the end of it.

Can you see that you are calling folks criminals when you yourself are guilty of the exact same crime on a federal level.
So by your standard you are a federal criminal, meth-head, drug user/pusher, whatever names you have casted out at the rest of us.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:13 PM #63
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
No one here supports total prohibition, but what some must realize is that legalization as it is now, is nothing other than a form of prohibition/control.
A simple changing of the guard. From cannabis growers/supporters to big $$$$$$$

I love this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Keep refering to people as being on different levels, prove how bright you are not. If you believe selling organic basement grown is somehow different than a so called legal facility you are nuts.

And for the record. I have no doubt there is plenty of lowlife tweaking hard drug slinging gansters already in the legal weed game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
I agree to some extent. Anyone supporting a law that makes it so one group of people have more rights to grow and sell the same plant is a crook. Period.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:31 PM #64
shaggyballs

[quote=Easy7;8336493]Your basic position is you want a wrong war to continue, because your making money off the war. Wrong again! Also that is should of never been illegal, but that's where we are headed. No we are not, you better get a clue bud...LOL but your on to something here... what if cannabis prohibition was just rolled back and away, no legalization needed, simply admit cannabis was made to be illegal because of many lies, so remove the lies and remove prohibition it is that simple...if not tell me why doing so would be wrong? So you know what the market would be now, if never illegal to start. There would of been no war for you to profit from.Wrong again! You act like you know me but you don't even know your a federal criminal, get yourself straight before fixing others bro, it is the right thing to do.

What is with the personal attacks??
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeded View Post
If an end to the drug war can only be declared once hostilities have completely ceased it means that as long as there is a single enforceable rule or regulation on the personal use or cultivation of the plant the war continues. It's really that simple because if I fail to buy permission aka a license, grow too many plants, yield too much, etc. and risk any form of punishment it's not 100% legal or free and I'd rather the war continue than to settle for a system that encourages a lack of privacy, restricts freedoms and still has the potential to imprison us if we step too far out of line.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:56 PM #65
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
There is a thing called the "ignore feature".... works like a charm
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 11:47 PM #66
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Bob Dylan The Times They Are A Changin' 1964

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQe

Mellow out fellas, its just about the times changing, nothing stays the same, so we have to adapt to survive well....

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:11 AM #67
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Alaska seems to be enjoying the unique (intentionally structured thus far) circumstance of not having the 'Walmarts of Weed' banging on the doors. Sometimes isolation is/can be very cool.

We're also allowed to grow our own, hypothetically with greater breadth under Ravin than under the newer 'legalization,' mind you.

And we have niche markets here, such as boutique grower licenses, that permit up to 500 sq. ft. of grow area, with far less hassles than the Big Boys doing mass production in warehouses.

As a black market producer, my market is all but dead, and for now that's OK in most respects; I've had too many years of hustling, to open myself up to unknowns and risks, and amp up the rolling of the dice in finding new retailers to handle my wares. So I bide my time and grow my weed.... Less of it, and fewer crops per year. And I still support the concept of completely legal markets for weed!!

To one degree or another, 'we' knew this was coming when we pushed for legalization. I knew it would come, anyway.

But a clincher for me, among several already stated, is that as long as Uncle Sam is saying, "It's still a Schedule 1 Substance in the ACA,' -AND- simultaneously mandating that canna businesses' incomes be filed along with federal income taxes, (an inherent 5th Amendment violation in my opinion), then I want ZERO part of the whole deal.

Everything you own is potentially on the line without further guarantees of safety and legality..
moose eater is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 01:31 AM #68
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
Bob Dylan The Times They Are A Changin' 1964

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQe

Mellow out fellas, its just about the times changing, nothing stays the same, so we have to adapt to survive well....
So true
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 02:42 AM #69
Mountain Sprout

Mountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
There is a thing called the "ignore feature".... works like a charm
Done and done. I feel better already!

Mountain Sprout is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 03:30 AM #70
shaggyballs

Can we settle things down and quit with the personal attacks and discuss things in a civil manner?
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ