Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2018, 07:11 PM #5621
BurnOne
No damn given.


BurnOne's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 2,760
BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkline006 View Post
Do you have to cook both recipes? I dont really have the space/time to do so..
"Cooking" does NOT mean to add heat! Room temperature so the bacteria can eat and multiply is what you seek. Telperatures below 35 degrees F or above 120 degrees F are not good. This is not like brewing black tea.
Burn1
__________________
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!


BurnOne is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:53 PM #5622
Metatron
Transient Jet Lagged Ecto Mimed Bison

Metatron's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Infinity Wonder Universe
Posts: 191
Metatron will become famous soon enough
Hello All, been awhile since I've posted. I'm planning an outdoor season and wanted to know if I need to make any modifications for organic mixes? Most people in this thread seem to be doing indoor.

The plan is to use grow bags either 5 gallon or 10 gallon. TIA
__________________
"the daily government hands out suicide kits and antidepressants in rations but ganja is still illegal"
Metatron is offline Quote


Old 02-23-2018, 04:45 AM #5623
Bona Fortuna
Member

Bona Fortuna's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 165
Bona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
Hello All, been awhile since I've posted. I'm planning an outdoor season and wanted to know if I need to make any modifications for organic mixes? Most people in this thread seem to be doing indoor.

The plan is to use grow bags either 5 gallon or 10 gallon. TIA
No modifications really need to be made. Just be diligent as you would with an indoor plant. Spend time with them, give them teas when they ask for it.
As mentioned in the first couple of pages, be prepared for critters to be curious if using bone/blood meals.
My two cents, go with the 10 gal or more if you have the area for it.
More, health root mass lends itself to more, healthy foliage.
Bona Fortuna is offline Quote


Old 02-23-2018, 05:34 AM #5624
Metatron
Transient Jet Lagged Ecto Mimed Bison

Metatron's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Infinity Wonder Universe
Posts: 191
Metatron will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fortuna View Post
No modifications really need to be made. Just be diligent as you would with an indoor plant. Spend time with them, give them teas when they ask for it.
As mentioned in the first couple of pages, be prepared for critters to be curious if using bone/blood meals.
My two cents, go with the 10 gal or more if you have the area for it.
More, health root mass lends itself to more, healthy foliage.
Thanks for the input, last time I tried some organic soil the local shops had nothing more than basic bone and blood meal. Now... all the good stuff is available: alfalfa, crab shell, oyster shell, rock dust and many good others.
__________________
"the daily government hands out suicide kits and antidepressants in rations but ganja is still illegal"
Metatron is offline Quote


Old 02-23-2018, 04:58 PM #5625
Bona Fortuna
Member

Bona Fortuna's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 165
Bona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the roughBona Fortuna is a jewel in the rough
You're very welcome.
For the most part bone/blood meal COULD get a plant through harvest if you are on a budget.
Bona Fortuna is offline Quote


Old 02-23-2018, 09:39 PM #5626
Metatron
Transient Jet Lagged Ecto Mimed Bison

Metatron's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Infinity Wonder Universe
Posts: 191
Metatron will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fortuna View Post
You're very welcome.
For the most part bone/blood meal COULD get a plant through harvest if you are on a budget.
It sure can, visited a friend in Hawaii and smoked his homegrown. Soil, bone and blood only. Some of the best outdoor I've smoked.
__________________
"the daily government hands out suicide kits and antidepressants in rations but ganja is still illegal"
Metatron is offline Quote


Old 04-03-2018, 10:42 AM #5627
BicycleJoe
Newbie

Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4
BicycleJoe is on a distinguished road
Hello Folks new indoor grower here. I am running LOS. I am here because of Clack and Mountain Organics thread on another forum. I go by the forum names Theophrastus and Paracelsus elsewhere, since those names are taken here I am using my RL nickname Bicycle Joe. This is my second post here.

I need a quick answer about the Veg light period. Since day 1 my lights have been on 24/7 but this afternoon I have a visitor coming for a housing inspection. I have once every 3 years. I want to put the plants in the closet while they are here.

5 hours at the most.

In the unlikely event they arrive on time it could be as little as 15 minutes until they leave. They are giving me a 5 hour window in the afternoon when they will arrive.

What I want to do is put them back on 24/7 as soon as they leave.

1) Will that stress the plants?
2). Will the plant at just less than 26 days above ground go into flower with 5 hours or less of total darkness?
3) Lastly can I go back to 24/7 or do I have to stay on 19/5

​​​​​​​thank you friends
BicycleJoe is offline Quote


Old 04-03-2018, 08:16 PM #5628
PaulieWaulie
Member

PaulieWaulie's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kanada
Posts: 851
PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleJoe View Post
Hello Folks new indoor grower here. I am running LOS. I am here because of Clack and Mountain Organics thread on another forum. I go by the forum names Theophrastus and Paracelsus elsewhere, since those names are taken here I am using my RL nickname Bicycle Joe. This is my second post here.

I need a quick answer about the Veg light period. Since day 1 my lights have been on 24/7 but this afternoon I have a visitor coming for a housing inspection. I have once every 3 years. I want to put the plants in the closet while they are here.

5 hours at the most.

In the unlikely event they arrive on time it could be as little as 15 minutes until they leave. They are giving me a 5 hour window in the afternoon when they will arrive.

What I want to do is put them back on 24/7 as soon as they leave.

1) Will that stress the plants?
2). Will the plant at just less than 26 days above ground go into flower with 5 hours or less of total darkness?
3) Lastly can I go back to 24/7 or do I have to stay on 19/5

​​​​​thank you friends
Do it, they will be fine. Plants need between 14-12 hours of complete uninterrupted darkness to initiate flowering. And even then, it takes a few days to start that transition. So 5 hours of darkness is no issue. Ofcourse on a long term basis constantly changing light periods might cause some stress but for a one time inspection it is important enough. Playing around with the light cycles is tougher in flowering as they will be more sensitive to changes and can hermie.

I myself am on a 15 on /9 off Light period and everything is staying in VEG. you can go back to 24/0 after your inspection. I have always much preferred 18/6 light cycles myself.
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote


Old 04-21-2018, 09:21 PM #5629
PakSamGyiShing
Newbie

PakSamGyiShing's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Sonoma County
Posts: 26
PakSamGyiShing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
Hello All, been awhile since I've posted. I'm planning an outdoor season and wanted to know if I need to make any modifications for organic mixes? Most people in this thread seem to be doing indoor.

The plan is to use grow bags either 5 gallon or 10 gallon. TIA
Yeah, not much modification. Just don't forget the silica =]

The main consideration is if you have critters around. If you use anything that might smell delicious such as blood, bone, fish, crab, &c. make sure it's well decomposed before you put the mix out. I suspect growers who get problems with rats or squirrels chewing the stems, and all that jazz, might have something to do with the form of the nutrients they're using such as fish emulsion, &c. Besides, having the mix well broken down prevents any chance of the plant taking on any "off-flavors" =O
PakSamGyiShing is offline Quote


Old 05-10-2018, 04:29 AM #5630
Amauulu
Newbie

Amauulu's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Western San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 3
Amauulu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coba View Post
yes, good book. at least, I thought so anyways...

plant sentience and our (people and plants) symbiotic relationships should be required reading for elementary children... well, at least the symbiotic part.

OrganicLearner here's a link to a thread about that kind of thinking
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=202912
here's another... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225489
.............................. .............................. ........
question.
when urinating on my plants, is my urine better in the morning? should I be saving that first piss o' the day? or, does my golden shower get better with the more coffee I drink? or after breakfast? or mid-day? I know my evening lizard drain is usually too polluted with pale ale... or is this a desirable quality in fertilizer piss?

if I were a caregiver, and my patients want full disclosure... should I tell them I use my own urine as a source of nutrients for their medicated inhale?

hey, did you know... aloe vera contains urea too? it has the most concentration of urea of any plant material... just an fyi fer ya
Thank you for this link to understanding our plants. I talk to my plants, caress them, play Mozart's etudes for them, pray over the water I give them to drink. My neighbors say my garden reminds them of Hawaii because it is so lush with happy, healthy looking plants. I tell them I love them. I ask how they are doing. I apologize to them when I prune them. After reading the link you cited, I will be sure to put down red carpeting in my greenhouse because the red color will encourage them to grow 50% faster and stronger. I will gently stroke the delicate stems of my seedlings to help them develop thicker stems. I have the book, THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS. I did not know it had been made into a movie which is now available on Youtube. Thank you for this wonderful information.
Amauulu is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:08 PM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.