Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2017, 07:00 PM #5611
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Ive just mixed it up so far and did a seedling test run. first 4 weeks went good. no yellowing, no burning. water only in a 16 oz cup. just transplanted to 1G, I will post a pic in a week or 2. Some strains might be hungrier than others. So you "should" be good from what I have read, but giving them a boost with teas or a top dressing is also to be expected. I have some organic very fishy and thick fertilizer that Im prepared to use in flowering if I see any deficiencies on this first run, as well EWC/guineapig dung teas.
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 07:16 PM #5612
GratefulDank

GratefulDank is on a distinguished road
PW did you start the seedlings out in your base mix or straight into the amended mix?
GratefulDank is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 07:41 PM #5613
GratefulDank

PW how long did you cook each mix? Wondering if I can put my seeds straight into LCs mix 2 or if i need to let it cook for a few weeks.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:54 PM #5614
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
I let it cook for 3 weeks at the time I threw the tester into a cup of it and yes I planted the germinated seed right into the amended mix. It was a 1st test run so I was curious to see what would happen. I never have given it a tonne of light since, it was always off to the side. Il take a pic of her in the next few days as she adjusts to the transplant and takes off again.
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 10:41 PM #5615
GratefulDank

Cool thanks for the info! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:54 PM #5616
PakSamGyiShing

PakSamGyiShing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDank View Post
Thanks PW. Went back and noticed b1 had mentioned that in beginning of this thread.. whoops. Do you water only with that mix you put together? I know recipe #1 calls for water only but I'm wondering if i can incorporate compost teas as well.
GratefulDank

It's generally going to be fine, or even ideal, to include compost teas periodically. Are you talking about just making a slurry and watering with that, or brewing an ACT? With perhaps the exception of a tea setup like Boogie Brew, it's not going to overdo it by feeding and will essentially just make your organic setup function more efficiently. Many folks seem to reach a point with ACTs where their systems are already functioning at such a high level that the teas stop being effective because of it.

As PW said, periodically topdressing with compost or EWC is also really helpful, and practically required, and in some sense is similar to making a compost tea anyways.
PakSamGyiShing is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:53 PM #5617
CannaRed

CannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys! I switched to organic a couple months ago on my 600W p.s.o.g. closet. I have a supposed g13 labs pineapple Express that always started turning yellow about 4 weeks into flower. This time I harvested at 8 weeks and had only 2 yellow fan leaves. Haven't tried or tasted anything yet, of course but it does seem to smell stronger this time.
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2017, 04:35 PM #5618
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheGreen View Post
Hi all. Well, it took a while but I read this entire thread and am currently attempting my first organic soil grow.

First I wanna say thank you to everyone who contributes here because it is truly an awesome resource of knowledge.

My question is about my seedlings. I currently have 20 seedlings in plastic beer cups in basic mix; they are about 2 weeks old and ~2-3" tall, on their second set of real leaves, growing under a 315 CHM. In the last day or two the leaves have gotten lighter green in color and the cotyledon leaves are yellowing, so clearly they need some food. Now I have the rest of the soil mix with blood, bone, etc. sitting since I germed the seeds two weeks ago, so it should be more or less ready for up-potting, but my issue is that I don't really want to transplant them yet, as I only have space for 8-10 larger pots, so I would like them to veg longer in the beer cups, so I can make a better determination of which are male/female/keepers (half the seedlings are C99, which always shows sex by the 5th or 6th node.) Plus I accidentally knocked over a cup yesterday and it seemed like there was room for a good amount more root development in there. Also I don't have larger pots yet, lol.

So basically I figure I should feed my seedlings a tea to get them some nutrients. I know that blood meal can be made into a tea, but I can't seem to find the proper amount to use in this circumstance. My semi-educated guess would be start at like 1 teaspoon/gallon or maybe even 1/2 tsp? The blood meal is 12-0-0. I also have Dr. Earth Organic 4-6-3 fertilizer, which I have incorporated into the cooking soil mix, and can be made into a tea as well, and Neptune's Harvest 0-0-1 Liquid Seaweed. I could not find plain kelp meal when I was building my mix, so I got the Dr. Earth (which has kelp meal & kelp flour in it) and Neptune's as K replacements. And yes I am fully aware that I have deviated from the recipe and thus am now experimenting, and I accept the responsibility/consequences lol.

So obviously the primary need for my seedlings right now is nitrogen, but for general veg growth we want some P and K also, so I'm thinking of using a little blood, a little Dr. Earth, and a squirt of Neptune's, along with a pinch of molasses. As far as I can tell, blood meal doesn't need a 24hr bubbling/steeping period, correct? Just needs to be well-dissolved in water? The Dr. Earth however contains a bunch of microbes as well, and the package directs a 24hr setting period for use as a tea. So should I add the blood meal to the Dr. Earth tea at the beginning, or just Dr. Earth plus molasses for 24hrs, then add blood and seaweed, shake well and apply?

Curious if anyone here has ever used this product before? It looks to have a lot of good stuff in it, and actually smells kind of delicious, like an exotic tea.
View Image
View Image
View Image

Thanks in advance for any advice!
I've used this stuff before, you can get it at Home Depot etc, widely available and it's a very good product, has the right NPK (aka balanced and enough P).

I'd compare it to Epsoma Tomato Tone of Garden Tone but with better Mineral numbers and definitely a better smelling product, better Bios too.

Overall it's a solid, relatively cheap and widely available product
led05 is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2018, 06:27 PM #5619
Mrkline006

Mrkline006 will become famous soon enough
Do you have to cook both recipes? I dont really have the space/time to do so..
Mrkline006 is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2018, 07:10 PM #5620
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all'Boogieman' is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkline006 View Post
Do you have to cook both recipes? I dont really have the space/time to do so..
Its better to imo, I have planted in a mix without cooking only because it was June I just mixed my soil and I wanted my outdoor plants in their final containor. I feel they would have took off much faster had I prepared the soil a month earlier, keep in mind i vegged them indoors I didn't plant seeds in a hot mix. The soil needs to adjust itself and balance out a bit before planting don't know how else to explain it.
'Boogieman' is offline Quote