Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > ROOTED clones in refrigerator stasis

Thread Title Search
ROOTED clones in refrigerator stasis Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2017, 01:02 PM #31
seeded

seeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to behold
Getting cuts to root after being frozen is impossible. I've tried pretty much every idea from reducing water content, vacuum sealing, putting inside 50 layers of plastic, storing with oxygen absorbers, etc. basically anything I could come up with and it always resulted in mush.

Personally I think the future lies with tissue cultures as they take forever to go from a handful of cells to a miniature plant that could fill a coke can at the best of times. If you went into it trying to slow them down to a snails pace and gradually put them in larger containers as needed you could fit an absurd amount of plants in the smallest of places for a very long time and then once they get a little too big a quick trim to get them back to size can turn one plant into a thousand. It's not quite living the set and forget dream of freezing a cut in time but it's probably about as close as you're likely to ever get.
seeded is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2017, 07:57 PM #32
Stay Gel^N 247

Stay Gel^N 247 is a jewel in the roughStay Gel^N 247 is a jewel in the roughStay Gel^N 247 is a jewel in the roughStay Gel^N 247 is a jewel in the roughStay Gel^N 247 is a jewel in the roughStay Gel^N 247 is a jewel in the roughStay Gel^N 247 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned40yrs View Post
Ya I'm a salty old fuck, gotta agree with ya there. I wouldn't have said shit about this if I didn't live in natures freezer. I'm a fucking expert on what freezing does to every object on earth including my body, luckily I've only lost skin turning black and falling off. In living things freezing means the liquid in each cell freezes and bursts the cell walls. No exception unless the living thing produces antifreeze. Even some trees up here start cracking and bursting open at 50 to 60 below. I've had to move marijuana plants a few times for security and 15 minutes at 30 below kills them dead. After finding males sometimes in winter I stick them out on the porch to see how long they last, It ain't very long. I guess you found some marijuana strains that make antifreeze to prevent their cell walls from bursting so I apologize for calling BS
Can you do a video of that? I'd really like to see it haha
Stay Gel^N 247 is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2017, 06:19 PM #33
Havvood

Havvood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mule420 View Post
Freezing will kill them! Stay tuned I'm going to do this, I will post pictures of the process. I have two different freezers and multiple strains. It will fail and I'm going to prove it! The cuts will be taken Sunday frozen for 3 days and brought back out to thaw and try and revive. They will end up like frozen lettuce mushy and dead... I'm impartial to tests but this ones gonna be busted...
maybe if you try Today add a sprinkle of holy water and check Easter morning
Havvood is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2017, 11:23 PM #34
Dro Smoe

Dro Smoe will become famous soon enough

Anybody else give this freezing technique a shot yet? Sounds contrary to everything that I know, but it would be one hell of a game changer..
Dro Smoe is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2017, 04:16 PM #35
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
so what about if we add a bit of antifreeze to a cup of water stick the freshly cut clones in there for 30 mins, then try freezing and defrosting etc?
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2017, 05:27 PM #36
YetiOG
Banned

YetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiusmarius View Post
so what about if we add a bit of antifreeze to a cup of water stick the freshly cut clones in there for 30 mins, then try freezing and defrosting etc?
Lol.
YetiOG is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2017, 04:51 AM #37
7Scorpions

7Scorpions will become famous soon enough7Scorpions will become famous soon enough
Not to be off topic but certain root vegetables/spices from Equatorial Asia like Turmeric and Ginger usually bought from Asian markets stateside can be frozen and regrown again most Turmeric is not grown in the states as far as i know and is shipped frozen....
7Scorpions is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:14 AM #38
7Scorpions

7Scorpions will become famous soon enough7Scorpions will become famous soon enough

Clay pot is turmeric black pot was a male that got clucked....both were used as potential compost first time experiment type thing....
7Scorpions is offline Quote

Old 12-19-2017, 01:19 AM #39
meizzwang

meizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nicemeizzwang is just really nice
Okay, for sure the freezer thing is total BS, but some cannabis strains can take light frost under the right circumstances. Here's punto rojo that got a bit frozen:

And then hours later it was totally fine:

To increase freeze tolerance, increase P and K and leach out nitrogen to slow down growth. Slower growth leads to tougher, more lignified tissue. When you increase P and K, this raises the solute concentration in some of the plant tissues without significantly increasing the growth rate, which therefore lowers the temperature needed to actually freeze the tissues.

I'd expect if this frost lasted more than a few hours, it would eventually kill the plant. Some cannabis strains are more resilient than others.
meizzwang is offline Quote