Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mdanzig Seeds > Hermies Blue streak

Thread Title Search
Hermies Blue streak Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2008, 08:37 AM #1
chronic pain

chronic pain is on a distinguished road
Hermies Blue streak

Hey lads,
I'm going to get pictures up tomorrow but I think I have a he/she blue streak.

From my previous grow that i put pics up here I crossed a male bs with a female bs ... Then about 3 weeks ago i germed some of the seeds ... I then abused the hell out of them by just forgetting all about them... Watering them the odd time, nearly died 3-4 times (alot going on in my life) ... Was about to shut down the grow until I have time to look after it but then I spotted one of them has hairs coming from the top but also has pollen sacks underneat .. can't believe it

So going to read up on it 2nite about how to cross it and then hopefully might get some femalized blue streaks... if so I'll send you some seeds Mdanzig and S_H so you can cross them properly etc. I won't get my hopes up until I post a few pics here. Hopefully will get them up tomorrow.

Any tips about hermies is much appreciated.
chronic pain is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2008, 09:08 AM #2
chronic pain

Ok I couldn't actually wait a day to find out if this was a hermie or not so here are the pics They have been on 18/6 since germination and are about 3 weeks old (ignored and abused to within an inch of their life so thats why they are so small)

So could this be the start of a femalised autoflowering blue streak? If so what's my next step?

Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 AM #3
chubbynugs
Registered Pothead

chubbynugs is just really nicechubbynugs is just really nicechubbynugs is just really nicechubbynugs is just really nicechubbynugs is just really nicechubbynugs is just really nicechubbynugs is just really nicechubbynugs is just really nicechubbynugs is just really nice
That does look like a hermie to me. Unless you wanna bunch of seeds growing in your garden i would get rid of it.
chubbynugs is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2008, 11:12 AM #4
chronic pain

"My garden" is maybe 2 foot square at max ... and I've absolutely no spare time on my hands lately :( been ignoring them, so I would be willing to dump the rest of whats in there just to give this one a shot of getting femalized blue streak... that would make some interesting outdoor grows next year

Old 06-29-2008, 05:29 PM #5
mdanzig

mdanzig is a jewel in the roughmdanzig is a jewel in the roughmdanzig is a jewel in the roughmdanzig is a jewel in the roughmdanzig is a jewel in the roughmdanzig is a jewel in the rough
Geez, is that tiny!

Old 06-29-2008, 06:25 PM #6
bottletoke

thats interesting, i recently found a single pistil on one of my males, and was wondering if it was me or genetics... what could cause this?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:22 PM #7
jdmramon

jdmramon is on a distinguished road
how did it turn out. I am about to order some blue streak seeds and am trying to find all the info I can before they get here.
jdmramon is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 PM #8
Vinyl Junkie
Banned

Vinyl Junkie will become famous soon enough
Had a bluer streak male i was saving to produce more seeds,got quite excited as it was covered in resin...till amongst the male flowers some pistilate flowers showed up.Could very well be me and the guy that gave em to me had no issue's with his.

Just planted another 10 after my first sour 60 harvest a few weeks ago so,[which was a good grow and decent weed,on a par with many reg strains]so fingers crossed it was me stressing it b4.
Vinyl Junkie is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2010, 12:59 PM #9
Archstanton420

Location: in a filing cabinet of nosy old folks, drunks and dead beat dads.
Archstanton420 is on a distinguished road
Ed Rosethal wrote once that these male dominant Hermies make extremely stable offspring! Sound kinda crazy but I have never had one. I'll look it up as I enjoy reading old school stuff but I think it was in the Mel Frank. Ed R book where different hermies were discussed and it was stated taht males that have a few pistils, as long as you do not use any of the "selfed" seeds, produced good pollen. Might have even been DJ short who also talked about it in an article about the Oregon Purple Thai he experimented with while breeding Blueberry. Wait I just remembered it is in the Robert Connell Clark book MJ Botany! I'll look it up for sure tomorrow! We could be on to something here that advances breeding Autoflowers!

Old 04-14-2011, 02:00 AM #10
habeeb
follow your heart

habeeb has disabled reputation
I had a female turn hermie on, at the start of flowering.. all other were fine though
habeeb is offline Quote