What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tainted concentrates. Things have changed. Don't scoff this is serious.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not an elder or old. I did grow up in a time where weed was weed and wtf is hash in the US. I have been involved with MJ for over 20 years. I have never understood concentrates. The fun thing for me has always been smell, taste, and visual with weed. Total sensory positive vibes. Recently I paused growing. When covid hit I turned off the flowering room. Never have I not had weed from 13 years old on. Top shelf from then on central Florida.

Recently I have been buying 'carts'. The first few batches were awesome. No choke, smooth, awesome high, were exactly what they said they were. I had smoked most of the cuts. The taste was on point but the smell trash like all hash and concentrates in comparison to the flower. The new carts though...'Chinese Food' smell I called the new carts. That is what they tasted and smelled like. Me and my friends sounded like we had pneumonia after a month. Yeah fuck all that. There are probably millions of these carts out there and they are bought online for 25$. So when you are buying at 35 or even 60 question it. Most of the time though the price makes sense for what it is...

Fake THC and analogs are a real thing and they are fuckin everywhere. Strange going from producer to consumer. Not going to stare at my mother plants anymore. Just go on and type chronic carts and all that other bullshit you find. Same lung issues as corona virus :p Professional websites and all of it is shipped from China. I had jaw clench and withdrawal. Similar to benzos but no where near opiates but similar digestive shit. Definitely irritable, light sweats, jaw clench, scatter brain, and no sleep. With real weed no problems....Quit many times for work even though always around. Maybe trouble sleeping nothing else.

Very sad state of cannabis right now. If it isn't frosty hemp from people, it is tainted carts most likely by vitamin E. Tastes like Chinese food, acrid, quick expansions, you know it isn't healthy after few vomits, gagging, choking, and other more subtle side effects. I smoked the carts next to a water bong and real weed and it is crazy how smooth even big hits from real weed was compared to tainted carts.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
people are spraying hemp flowers with synthetic cannabinoids

but yeah it was the old school illegal growers poisoning the consumer

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard to Believe shit like this is happening in the world...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
but yeah it was the old school illegal growers poisoning the consumer

Huh? :chin: The fuck are you talkin about /shrug?

Hard to Believe shit like this is happening in the world...

Not at all but it is so profuse like BC Bud there should be more people speaking up. Morons sellin hemp and research chems was not normal until the last 10 or so years.

Not a problem at all? Maybe since we all know how shady shit can be we should just stay quiet.

https://chroniccartsofficial.com/

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think what he meant was before legality growers putting stuff in the flowers Like what he would consider to be unhealthy in passing that on& may not be healthy for the consumer..That was his analogy

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I think what he meant was before legality growers putting stuff in the flowers Like what he would consider to be unhealthy in passing that on& may not be healthy for the consumer..That was his analogy

Correct, it was a sarcastic side comment to the mindset that only retail dispensaries have product grown with integrity

I wrote extensively how legalization lowers the bar in this regard and here it is simply coming to pass. In worse form than I could have imagined and I have a pretty dark mind with few boundaries.

St. Phatty

i never understood the appeal of concentrates.

when Cannabis flowers are as potent as they are.

Truly 1-hit shit.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i never understood the appeal of concentrates.

when Cannabis flowers are as potent as they are.

Truly 1-hit shit.

For people who have abused the reward centers in their brains with other substances and for illness that requires potent narcotics it can be a life saver

still safe as milk *

* sardonic commentary with a sublime reference to capt beefhart because why not

knucklehead bob

Veteran
I am not an elder or old. I did grow up in a time where weed was weed and wtf is hash in the US. I have been involved with MJ for over 20 years. I have never understood concentrates. The fun thing for me has always been smell, taste, and visual with weed. Total sensory positive vibes. Recently I paused growing. When covid hit I turned off the flowering room. Never have I not had weed from 13 years old on. Top shelf from then on central Florida.

Recently I have been buying 'carts'. The first few batches were awesome. No choke, smooth, awesome high, were exactly what they said they were. I had smoked most of the cuts. The taste was on point but the smell trash like all hash and concentrates in comparison to the flower. The new carts though...'Chinese Food' smell I called the new carts. That is what they tasted and smelled like. Me and my friends sounded like we had pneumonia after a month. Yeah fuck all that. There are probably millions of these carts out there and they are bought online for 25$. So when you are buying at 35 or even 60 question it. Most of the time though the price makes sense for what it is...

Fake THC and analogs are a real thing and they are fuckin everywhere. Strange going from producer to consumer. Not going to stare at my mother plants anymore. Just go on and type chronic carts and all that other bullshit you find. Same lung issues as corona virus :p Professional websites and all of it is shipped from China. I had jaw clench and withdrawal. Similar to benzos but no where near opiates but similar digestive shit. Definitely irritable, light sweats, jaw clench, scatter brain, and no sleep. With real weed no problems....Quit many times for work even though always around. Maybe trouble sleeping nothing else.

Very sad state of cannabis right now. If it isn't frosty hemp from people, it is tainted carts most likely by vitamin E. Tastes like Chinese food, acrid, quick expansions, you know it isn't healthy after few vomits, gagging, choking, and other more subtle side effects. I smoked the carts next to a water bong and real weed and it is crazy how smooth even big hits from real weed was compared to tainted carts.

A lot of people are still falling for this BULL-SHIT SCAM-DEMIC & all the real canna-warriors/activists warned about such things with the onslaught of the TAX & REGULATORS , mostly Lawyers , boasting the benefits of "LEGAL WEED" :biglaugh:

The best thing you can do is turn the lights back on & if you need or want concentrates , find a local you can trust that will run your stuff for a nominal fee or learn to do it yourself . It's the only way to guarantee clean un-adulterated product & that's a fact Jack :tongue:

[YOUTUBEIF]vUsv4Lb7EQs[/YOUTUBEIF]

:dance013:

rolandomota

If one hit gets you high your not smoking that often I was 11 or twelve when I was counting my hits 3 to 5 was all I needed now 25 years later I'm very immune to the effects
I smoked some pen oil it's bullshit the girl was saying your going to get really high lol I was like whatever and smoking as usual after like nothing then I smoked again a lot and it was a dud I barely felt it I have not had Chinese food ones but I know what you mean by gagging and vomiting I had some shake from Cali that made me gagg and want to puke fucking crap the Mexican never does that

prune

Veteran
Just a point of information here...

what most people perceive as "Chinese food smell" is over-worked rancid cooking oil. The toxic use of vitamin E as a diluent in carts had the positive side effect of curbing rancidity because it is a powerful antioxidant.
I would not be surprised if what other substitute they are using these days is spoiling in the cart and predicating the bad smell and taste. Probably a new vector for varying degrees of toxicity.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The more I read about the vape cart BS, the more I like my cano hybrid desktop. As you get older, you learn to appreciate what you have left, and try to maintain it. Lungs catch hell, matter a lot. Why make it any harder for them?

Had a guy come through here a couple days ago that tried the technique. After about 5 hits, I asked him how his lungs felt. He said that they would usually feel "thick", if I understood what he meant, and they didn't after those hits. I did understand, because I use the same term for how my lungs feel after being stuck together inside like a well used volcano bag, from the oils and waxes as they condense at 98.6*.

IMO, vape carts are handy and easy, but you pay a steep price in terms of your health.

T

TakenByTheSky

Carts are the crack of weed.

I don't know where you're from but about a year ago people were getting sick and dying in some cases from vaping.

They basically narrowed it down to vitamin E acetate found exclusively in THC vape products.

I don't vape, I prefer weed 100% but my general perception is that the goo inside a cart should be thicker and sticky not a liquidy substance.

MindEater

They basically narrowed it down to vitamin E acetate found exclusively in THC vape products.

No, they didn't. Why do potheads all of the sudden believe what they're told by mainstream talking heads? This is propaganda, just like all the dewaxing/lipid nonsense people talk about. The agenda is to make legal Cannabis medicinally useless, so it doesn't fuck up the pharmaceutical scam. Tocopherol is naturally found in Cannabis for fucks sake.

There's 2 problems with carts, first, unnatural ratios of Cannabis metabolites don't jive with the human race who literally grew up from monkeyhood alongside Cannabis. The other problem is the Cannabis being grown legally today is absolutely FULL of fungicides and fertilizers.

I rely on Cannabis to breathe. Literally to breathe. Went from smoking cured soil grown dry sift to vaporizing cured soil grown bud, it cleans out the lungs and sinuses like nothing else. The shit sold at stores makes breathing worse, first being unflushed overfed hydroponic, then cap it off with a nice coating of neem karanja canola sesame garlic rosemary limonene etc etc etc. The bud in dispensaries literally smells of these sprays and drenches more often than it does of Cannabis, and the general public is too dumb to know what they are smelling, or to realise they feel like shit and get CHS from this crap. They smoke the shit today to relieve themselves of the shit they smoked yesterday, that's apparently the business model for legal Cannabis, to get return business by making customers feel like shit without noticing why, rather than attracting them with irresistible Cannabis flavor like the informal model relied on for decades..

T

TakenByTheSky

No, they didn't. Why do potheads all of the sudden believe what they're told by mainstream talking heads? This is propaganda, just like all the dewaxing/lipid nonsense people talk about. The agenda is to make legal Cannabis medicinally useless, so it doesn't fuck up the pharmaceutical scam. Tocopherol is naturally found in Cannabis for fucks sake.

There's 2 problems with carts, first, unnatural ratios of Cannabis metabolites don't jive with the human race who literally grew up from monkeyhood alongside Cannabis. The other problem is the Cannabis being grown legally today is absolutely FULL of fungicides and fertilizers.

I rely on Cannabis to breathe. Literally to breathe. Went from smoking cured soil grown dry sift to vaporizing cured soil grown bud, it cleans out the lungs and sinuses like nothing else. The shit sold at stores makes breathing worse, first being unflushed overfed hydroponic, then cap it off with a nice coating of neem karanja canola sesame garlic rosemary limonene etc etc etc. The bud in dispensaries literally smells of these sprays and drenches more often than it does of Cannabis, and the general public is too dumb to know what they are smelling, or to realise they feel like shit and get CHS from this crap. They smoke the shit today to relieve themselves of the shit they smoked yesterday, that's apparently the business model for legal Cannabis, to get return business by making customers feel like shit without noticing why, rather than attracting them with irresistible Cannabis flavor like the informal model relied on for decades..

I was just giving one example, personally I've refused to use concentrates from the beginning of the popularity of BHO. They're just too strong for me and I've gone to the extreme to grow great organic weed the idea of tainting that with a solvent just seems wrong. I do love bubble hash but that's a bout it.

Just the concept of concentrate tells you why it can harm. You are concentrating everything on or used to grow that weed into the final product even the dust or dirty found stuck to the trichomes.

White Beard

My exposure to “modern commercial” concentrates is minimal - and disappointing.

I got some lollipops from a friend - good tolerance & familiar with my own tolerance; he STRONGLY advised me not to eat a whole one, as it would take my head off. Half of one did nothing; the other half, 4 hours later, did nothing. The next day, the other two did nothing.

Similar story with carts: I picked up a couple of 1ml, went to work on one, and was still looking for a buzz when the cart went dry. Lather, rinse, repeat: carts suck.

Questions of contamination just underscore the undesirability of these ‘products’. Even “bunk weed” is better (tho not by much)