What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harborside San Jose---CLOSED

the state is collecting taxes though...at harborside in oakland the city probably makes 5-10k everyday on taxes alone...same with other clubs.

the only ones not paying taxes are on the street...so why would they want to push more business to the street?

exactly why i say HHC oakland will never be shut down...the city of oakland would step in and let the idiots cops know that there are bigger powers involved...

if the feds were stupid enogh to shut down harborside that would create a shitstorm in oakland...city would loose revenue for some of the things HHC pays for like parks, youth programs, health services, etc...and more and more cash would just be going underground instead of into city accounts..'

Tell you what prop215. I'm friends with those folks, the harborside oakland folks. They wouldn't like your statement about:
"...will never be shut down..."
We all only wish that was true. Everyone can be touched. We all should be concerned with MMj's future in CA.

Herborizer

Veteran
Tell you what prop215. I'm friends with those folks, the harborside oakland folks. They wouldn't like your statement about:
"...will never be shut down..."
We all only wish that was true. Everyone can be touched. We all should be concerned with MMj's future in CA.

+Rep +Rep

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
\

If harborside oakland closes, start worrying.

worry would be replaced by profits for us black market folk....

if HHC closes down that will be a major shock...that place is as legit as they come. they practically give all their profits back into the community.

worry would be replaced by profits for us black market folk....

I like to do both... ;) I still get a kick out of seeing my work on the top shelf.

if HHC closes down that will be a major shock...that place is as legit as they come. they practically give all their profits back into the community.

Yeah, that's what I mean, if they close shop it is temporarily over for MMJ dispensing, this means access to clones and seeds for the majority of MMj growers. Let's be real, that's horrible. diversity is bliss. The majority (IMO as an industry insider) of MMj growers grow clones, and many get them from the dispensaries.

I picked up some seeds today just for fun, no plan or space right now. It's that easy, there is some quality genetics to be found in these weed stores we have here in California. The prices are low IMO for seeds at the dispensaries I've been to. Clones are usually overpriced and full of pests/pathogens. Sometimes the cheaper seeds are bunk genetics.

H

HippyJohnny

If we are not moving forward, we are moving backward. There is no such thing as stasis in this movement.

Its great to talk about who is making what or who will do what, the reality is doors are being kicked in, people are being locked up and liberty is dying in very visible places. The plant is just a good thermometer to the pulse of personal freedom.

If and when these Storm Troopers shut down Oakland, what then?

See how far national riots got the French? How is it going in the UK for the students and the people kicked to the curb with massive layoffs? A few pissed off pot heads isn't going to do anything to stop these thugs.

I think grabbing up as much gear as one can and absolutely staying off the books would be a good plan at the moment.

Hope Oakland stays open for business... keep your eyes open.

Peace :joint:

Mark my words... in less than a decade, there will be stockpiles of marijuana that people are sitting on and unable to move (even high-quality), where supply will greatly out-strip demand by astronomical margins.

I'm not so sure. Edibles, (which one of the Four mega grows is already set up to make edibles exclusively) will be made out of much of that herb. Second in a legalized market, Hash will be king. 10 extra #'s of outdoor... 1 # of hash.

I'm not so sure. Edibles, (which one of the Four mega grows is already set up to make edibles exclusively) will be made out of much of that herb. Second in a legalized market, Hash will be king. 10 extra #'s of outdoor... 1 # of hash.

Yeah, I highly (hehe) doubt that the commercial grows can compete in quality. In fact, I know they can't. Cannabis is one of those plants that talks to each other. You put thousands of females indoors together, and there will be dicks. Oaksterdam grown herb is already bunk. A factory of midgrade indoor will be only good for edibles and hash, and the hash will reflect the poor flower quality. Looks like the home canna-chef is in for trouble. The highest grade herb will bring around 4/p no matter what goes on... the best herb is always in short supply because it cant be grown commercially.

And anyone who thinks herb will be over abundant is not thinking about the rest of the country/world, and the high demand for CA grown ganja. Few of us work with dispensaries anyways.

Yah, Obama's BIG lie. What a phony he is...

He is a politician, I wouldn't be surprised or take it personally. Politicians are the sleaziest. They say whatever they can. Obama's effed, but think about the other options. I guess we'll see what happens in two years when we have a palin president...

Well we do not want these guy's coming up here to the Seattle area and messing it up for us?? I know there is already a few who jumped ship and have come up here to try to work there magic on us? Not what we want! Please stay were you are and do not come up here thinking we are going to be fixing your problems? We are new and do not need the troubles you have caused in Cal to be brought here with you.

NWbud

nwbud. i moved to cali from wa, just cause i didn't qualify for my medical up there. guess being crazy-as-hell isn't an acceptable condition. but if they change things up im back in the NW. the water quality was so good, my plants have never been happier than when they drank that glacial melt.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
The only problem in Cali is the misconception of cannabis users needing to be "deathly ill" to be a patient and that GOOD dank can't be grown in big numbers cuz I've seen it done bro! Scary to think rooms with 4-6 4x8s full of OG Kush and Chemdog looking better than shit I've seen going for $60 a 8th. This Prop19 shit was proof enough to how flooded the market can get cuz I have friends who work with dispensaries and can't get $2600 for a lb of DANK better than 85-90% of the shit out there but "sorry man we are just so overstocked". Been hearing about pounds going for 1800 of good quality indoor so you better be good if you want to stick around and have some unique genetics that set you apart from the rest of the 215rs doing the same thing.... Clones will ALWAYS be around you just need to look and be kind on the boards and helpful and you just might find new friends in your area with good cuts that don't mind sharing. Not one of my cuts came from the club and luckily I can clone my ass off so I'm not too worried about the clone scene shit IMO seeds are more fun and I've found shit that blew my cuts away from seed!

C

CheifnBud2

In norcal dispensaries 2500 a lb for FIRE is the max they are willing to pay. Its just the reality of the market up there.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Well we do not want these guy's coming up here to the Seattle area and messing it up for us?? I know there is already a few who jumped ship and have come up here to try to work there magic on us? Not what we want! Please stay were you are and do not come up here thinking we are going to be fixing your problems? We are new and do not need the troubles you have caused in Cal to be brought here with you.

NWbud

America is a free country and people should be able to persue a better life anywhere they may please. There is nothing wrong with that. If the patients in seattle are unhappy with service, they will speak with their wallets. But to tell people to stay out of your state is unneeded and unwarranted. Were all immigrants in this country and everyone deserves the right to make a more prosperous life for themselfs and their family.

In norcal dispensaries 2500 a lb for FIRE is the max they are willing to pay. Its just the reality of the market up there.

that's not true. right now they rip folks off because they can. but if you are a regular the prices stay the same year round. just depends on your relationship with the dispensary... and if you really have something special

America is a free country
we wish herbtree. if only this were true.

and people should be able to persue a better life anywhere they may please.
agreed on so many levels.

There is nothing wrong with that. If the patients in seattle are unhappy with service, they will speak with their wallets. But to tell people to stay out of your state is unneeded and unwarranted.
Yeah, that made me want to move back to WA... maybe once they change what it takes to get medi up there ;)

Were all immigrants in this country and everyone deserves the right to make a more prosperous life for themselfs and their family.

Hear Hear! Step your game up mmjdr! I don't hear CO bitching!
:tiphat:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran

Bullshit all year it's been 3200-3800 for fire some were even willing to pay 3000 for outdoor if good enough that's what I was hearing from dudes who were waiting to vend till everybody got scared and doubled up and it's been flooded since... So much "alright" dank going for such low prices folks just don't care to pay extra for super good stuff when they can just get more of that "alright" shit... It's sad

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im of the opinion that they're now able to 'lowball' the small time growers pretty much because they are now growing/funding their own collective grows with the genetics theyve collected thru grower/broker networking and are having their grows operated/managed by proven pros.... so they really dont need the donations of their collective members as much.
the cream rises to the top so as long as you can provide better/different product that what theyre producing youre gonna be ok.
but its got to be different... not the same stuff that every tom, dick, and harry has.... because the collective op is already popping that out with some decency

just my thoughts

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
America is a free country and people should be able to persue a better life anywhere they may please. There is nothing wrong with that. If the patients in seattle are unhappy with service, they will speak with their wallets. But to tell people to stay out of your state is unneeded and unwarranted. Were all immigrants in this country and everyone deserves the right to make a more prosperous life for themselfs and their family.

Well put cuz you don't see us Cali folks who were born and raised complaining and telling all these new people to stay outta "our" scene cuz the more the better. Most of us just did research refined our skills and stepped up our game... :dance013: