What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IBS & PARASITES maybe linked info

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
on a side note--i have found raw kambucha to be very effective in combating gut problems--far more beneficial than probiotics alone--i swear by that stuff these days!

Kambucha is great stuff but won't actually rid the gut or system of parasites...

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
very tru Kal--if i'm not mistaken, pumpkin seeds and wormwood seeds made in to tea can help rid the gut of parasites--

RetroGrow

Veteran
don't say that shit--c-diff is a pain IN the ass to get rid of--after a long hospital stay i got c-diff took 6mos on vancomycin 500mg to the tune of $14,000 dollars to finally beat it! YOU DON'T WANT THAT SHIT!
on a side note--i have found raw kambucha to be very effective in combating gut problems--far more beneficial than probiotics alone--i swear by that stuff these days!

We know we don't want it. I was merely suggesting it as a possibility, considering her antibiotic use. Hospitals are one of the main sources of C. Difficile. Flagyl is a much less expensive antibiotic that usually takes care of it. Vancomycin would only be used in extreme cases where flagyl wasn't working. If they didn't try flagyl first, they ripped you off. You might have a case against them for giving you the C. Difficile, and for not trying the more conservative flagyl, if that was the case.

groady-ho

Veteran
i was trying to be kinda funny RG! FAIL! anyway i had flagyl first and yes it's a possibility due to her antibiotic use-- but if i was BG i would have the doctor repeat stoolies every day 3-4 days for 2 wks for c-diif and parasites, he might have to convince his doctor of this but sometimes it takes repetitive stoolies to confirm c-diif and or find parasites--one is generally not enough-- keep those stoolies fresh to and get them to the doctor/lab asap is very important!!

groady-ho

Veteran
i was told by a gastro at the mayo clinic, he believes that a high percentage of chronic illness here in the states is brought on by toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and poor physical exercise-- poor choices in foods we eat- i'm not saying that's what's wrong with anyone just that it needs to be considered-- also that after having a parasitic and or c-diff infection one can easily become sensitive to dairy, glutens and other food products-