What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CPC (Chronic Pain Club)

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I tell again...it´s a private group and i still need an invitation.
I´ve found that cannabis does wonders to my chronic back pain and even better i´ve cured hepatite C :)

where I am now, and have been for a few years now, is:

I don't like to talk about the pain; it's too "painful"
gives rise to my suppressed emotions
in short, it flat out makes me want to cry

It's no small wonder that I am still here
I prayed many times that God remove me
from this life

It's only been the last few years that I've been using mmj
makes life a lot more enjoyable
as I can get rid of the perpetual funk
that prolonged pain, over many years,
left me with.

It's still an everyday "skilled" balancing act
but, I use my existing energy,
within a lot of limitations,
doing more of what I enjoy,
and less of what I don't enjoy.

On the negative, that begins to present a few problems
dishes, yards, etc.

But on the Positive, I've got something going,
that is my best work yet. Almost there....

It's a BIGGIE

charging my batteries, at the moment,
while searching for the path to get over the top

in man's search for meaning

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
I painted houses and cut down trees for 40 years, obviously count me in.
2 Torn Rotator Cuffs
Chronic back pain

Ah yes,the wonderful icepacks. They do help. Do any of you feel worse during hot weather,more inflammation? Just curious. Seems to make me feel worse. MW
I do know that hot jacuzzi's don't work
for muscle spasms, caused by enflamed nerves
in your neck

use a frozen hand towel
to mold an ice collar for your neck

meet your new best friend

Hello Everyone :)

I wanted to join the Club and clicked the join club link but after I refreshed the page I didn't see my avatar with the other members??

I have Chronic pain for several reasons the 1st for having my back broke and get chronic lower back spasms and the 2nd reason is i have been a type 2 diabetic now going on 28 years and suffer from Diabetic peripheral neuropathy, very painful to your damages nerves and chronic pain and 3rd reason I also get Migrain headaches & 4th reason I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

My pain is something I deal with on a minute to hour to daily bases and I would like to share my thoughts, feelings and make some new friends here as well.

Thanks for any help, It's greatly appreciated. ;)

bigdaddyc9

Degenerative joint disease w/13 major orthopedic surgeries and Fibromyalgia x Myofascil pain syndrome on 480mg Oxycontin daily along with 90mg Roxicodone for breakthrough pain.Do I qualify.Please send me and invite.Now my Mom has stage 4 lung cancer and I need group bad....Peace BigD

M

Marywanna

I am trying to find out what the deal is with the invite thing. Obviously there are many here who share chronic pain for whatever reason. If nothing else,I will see if I can start a similar group. I have only been here a year,so I don't know if I can or cannot. If I do get permission,are you guys interested? MW

The Benefits Of Medical Marijuana For Chronic Pain Sufferers

Cannabis, otherwise known as marijuana (or marihuana), has been a topic of debate for many years, not only in Canada, but also in several other countries including the U.S. and the U.K. However, while marijuana for recreational use has not been legalized in Canada, medical marijuana use can be granted for medicinal needs.

The Definition of Chronic Pain

Although “chronic pain” seems all encompassing and thus easily used as a reason for medical marijuana use, the organization of Health Canada very clearly defines what can be considered severe enough pain for medical marijuana. With that said, there are many suffering from chronic pain – due to a variety of reasons – with grants for the medical use of cannabis.

Arthritis, headaches and back pain are the most common, but fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy and phantom limb pain are also common reason for chronic pain. Continuing pain can also be caused by debilitating illnesses such as MS (multiple sclerosis), scoliosis, osteoporosis and others.

Original Treatments for Chronic Pain

For many, medical marijuana use is a “last resort”, used only after several pharmacologic treatments fail. Typically, the first treatments include pain relievers such as aspirin or ibuprofen. Unfortunately, long-term use can cause serious side effects; even if there is pain relief, it can only be in short periods due to the need for short-term use of the “first line” of treatments.

Should the first treatments fail, narcotic opioids such as codeine, morphine and oxycodone are generally prescribed. Although often highly affective, the concern for these types of narcotics is that they have a high possibility for addiction and abuse. As well, their use is also limited, due to possible side effects in higher doses. The withdrawal symptoms for addictive pharmaceuticals can be mild to painfully severe.

Medical Marijuana for Chronic Pain

For those that don’t respond to the first or second line of treatments, medical marijuana may be prescribed. As well, there are those who prefer not to use man-made pharmaceuticals that have a high rate of addiction or serious side effects.

According to Health Canada, “Dependence is unlikely to be problematic when cannabis is used therapeutically, although withdrawal affects may be uncomfortable. These include restlessness, anxiety, mild agitation, irritability, tremor, insomnia and EEG/ sleep disturbance, nausea, diarrhea and cramping.”

Relief from chronic pain, however, far outweighs the possibility of addiction for many:

- Migraines – Severe, incredibly painful and often lasting as long as 72 hours, migraines can cause serious debilitating issues such as nausea, vision changes, vomiting and a high sensitivity to light and sound. Many of the pharmaceuticals used to either stop or lessen the amount of migraines cause the same issues as the onset of the migraines themselves. Often, sufferers stop treatment because it doesn’t work or because the side effects are too severe.

Medical marijuana, on the other hand, has been a well-documented treatment for many years – even throughout the nineteenth century. Cannabinoids have often demonstrated anti-inflammatory effects, as well as dopamine blocking. It is believed by some that one of the causes of migraines is the lack of natural endocannabinoids in the body, which might explain why cannabis works to decrease the pain as well as the symptoms.

- Multiple sclerosis (MS) – MS is a degenerative disease that attacks myelin in the brain and spinal cord. If you imagine nerves to be like electrical wires, myelin is the insulating, protective sheath around the nerves. The autoimmune system treats myelin as a foreign invader, destroying patches of it and leaving nerve fibers exposed, interrupting their normal function. It is debilitating and painful, causing such symptoms as tingling and numbness, painful muscle spasms, tremors, paralysis and more.

Prescribed pharmaceuticals can cause severe, debilitating medical issues such as seizures, abdominal cramps, dizziness, mental disturbances and other problems. Many MS sufferers prefer to self-medicate with marijuana, and have noticed that cannabis helps them control tremors, spasms and bladder control. Tests have also shown that THC helps reduce pain intensity and sleep disturbance significantly.

Although these two illnesses are common for the use of medical marijuana in relieving chronic pain sufferers, the same can be said for rheumatoid arthritis, spinal cord injuries and even phantom limb pain. While more studies need to be performed to explain exactly how cannabinoids and medical marijuana work, the fact that they do work is clear.

http://vegandflower.com/prop215-res...medical-marijuana-for-chronic-pain-sufferers/

Thanks for that Info SB, My RA & Back Pain is Intense pain when it gets clody and last night it rained here and the pain gets to a point sleep is not even a factor as I am awake every day at 5:00 AM and go to bed around 3:00 PM due to not being able to sleep until I really start to nod out and then I know I can then drag myself to bed or just shut the tv and sleep.

Waking up in the morning is more Intense pain as I'm so stiff I feel like the tin man and need an oil can and WD40 sprayed on my back & knee's to function.

M

Marywanna

Hey DR have to tried BIO-FREEZE? Its a topical that you spray on and do not need to massage in. It helped me a bit with the stiffness after I used it 4 times. I found it at a medical supply store. I was lucky enough last night to be able to tolerate 1/2 of a 500mg Percocet. I got to sleep 6 hours straight. Can you believe it?! MW

Thanks for that Info Mary I'm going to have my wife call and see if the local wamgreens carry's it if not the medical supply store is only 20 minutes from were we live so they might also have it their, might just be a bit more expensive but if it helps it's worth the money TY :)

I get the 325 mg. percs, take them 4 times daily along with 4 valiums 10mg. as well.

From my experience:

Pain is highly over-rated.

But, if it taught me anything,

it taught me to be totally introspective

in being able to identify the source

of that first inkling of a growing problem

so I could do everything I needed to,

to stop the problem

before it became progressively worse

Can't begin to tell you how many times

this effin injury has kicked my *ss,

but I'm getting a lot better at holding my own

by being aware sooner, and pro-active,

staying balanced becomes an art-form

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, has anyone mastered the invitation thing? I am of two minds on joining in - I hate to dwell on my symptoms, ignoring them or keeping busy with some other distraction is far better. However, if I can learn something here or help someone else with what I have found to work for me it would be good. Mary - in recent years I have found BioFreeze much easier to find on line - Amazon has good prices on it (but I live in the sticks!). I have also had very good results with Young Living's Deep Relief roll-on. It works amazingly well for me to relieve muscle spasms. However, yoga is what keeps me going. It took a long, long time to get strong enough to where it helped rather than hurt, but now it is a life saver. When I get up in the morning, I look like a mashed cat - four herniated cervical discs, three lumbar, cervicogenic headaches that rarely quit, and eight orthopedic surgeries. I take time-release morphine with Norco for break-through pain, and get botox injections every three months for the muscle spasms in my neck and cranial muscles. After I beat back the morning inertia and get my yoga practice in, I can give a reasonable imitation of a functional human. I have become a yoga evangelist!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thekingofny has to send you an invite or you could PM him. Its a waste to have such a group if you have to wait to be invited.

I agree and their should be a Mod on this thread like the other Threads, We are just as Important being Med Patient's ain't we :smoke:

Correct She had asked me to find a logo?? I just did a google for free medical mj logo's and came up with a decent one so I did the best I could and hope it's what she was looking for it looks sweet to me.