What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Low price for buds in BC

clover

have a FOAF who claims last year he could get 18 per lb(canadian), this year he's selling at 11. (and having some difficulty, even at that price !) Bad for him, Great for the end buyer tho.. Whats up? . (This is for outdoor grown, organic)
More availability? more growers? better genetics? better technique,? tighter borders? More control by big players? All of the above ? I dunno... Anyone have a clue?

:confused:

I don't know, but at those prices I wish I had an SUV and some balls cause I could make a fortune;)

But seriously, in the states BC, bud(regs) is starting to get the same reputation that Mex had in the 90's. I used to be able to get a pound of mex for like 100 bucks in 1995. Granted it wasn't the best but holy shit at those prices you could turn it to hash.

Some of the kind bud out their is so good, especially with all the home growers, seed banks and mecical outfits that the green bud just isn't good enough anymore...Personally I disagree I am a big proponant of regs...even if I could afford it I wouldn't drink Chatau Lefit '69 everynight I would still want a budweiser once in a while.

teddynugent

I'd love to get my hands on some of the BC(it's basically thought of as the schwag version of kind bud around here) before it passes through so many peoples hands. I'm sure it would be so much better if you actually got it dried and cured. All the canadian weed we get around here is so sopping wet. I mean it looks like someone chopped their plants and put them right into the bag. By the time it gets here, it has no smell, a shitty taste and a very boring high, but its almost always very pretty looking pot. Half the time, it ends up moldy though. I know that the BC should be a lot better than what it is. Hell though, you could have the best weed in the world, but if you put it in a plastic bag when its still all wet its basically ruined. Any ideas why the growers don't bother to dry? Is it just greedy assholes, or is it because if cured, it would be too hard to get across the border?
For 11 a pound though, you can't beat it. Wish we seen those prices. We pay about 6 for a QP, and thats if your really lucky. It's usually more like 7-9 for a Q. If I was paying 11 a P, I'd be rich.....

ken

teddy: curing it would make it easier to smuggle, its due to greedy assholes, maybe its even been re-wet further down the line, that can happen here (steamed, sprayed, etc)

only solution is to turn shit down, dont buy wet weed.

cheap prices

cheap prices

yeah, i got my first lb. a few weeks ago for 18 (fronted too!) it was shipped out here (Alberta) from BC and its damn good stuff - no problem gettin' rid of it :)

Tropical_high

teddynugent

Ken- I won't touch that stuff anymore. I don't buy wet weed period. Even if it's some killer coming from one of the local growers, I just can't give them the satisfaction of selling me wet weed. Why do people have to be so greedy? Man, when I get rid of some of my stuff, its been dried and curing for at least a couple weeks before I'll give any to anyone. When someone smokes my weed, I want it to be as good as possible. I love knocking people on their ass with some real good shit. Plus, they're my friends, so I want to make them happy too. I don't want to sell a bag that's half water. Too many people see growing as just $$$. They don't care how it turns out as long as it looks nice enough to get top dollar. I just don't buy it anymore like I said, but they just turn around and sell it to the next guy. Oh well, some day people will wise up.

ken

yeah, it was a problem here, before everybody started to turn it down, now there isnt a market for wet weed here, so i never see it.