What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Around 20-25 days flowering I think??

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MrInternational

Amazing thread definitely going in the bookmark for future reading, only recently discovered afropips and wish his stuff was still around would have loved to of tried his durban poison, keep up the great stuff

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Great pictures

Thanks Aliceklar! Ill be snapping some shots of her right before the harvest soon. Got her sitting in the dark right now. Sadly I had to cut out the main 'cola' as rot had set in. It was so densely packed thanks to the fasciation that it was unavoidable. I still have a few secondary branches that produced some buds without the rot. Looking forward to trying them out.

Ill try to reveg her for a second run. I want to dust her with some DP pollen and explore the seeds. Certainly not looking for quadrifoliates whatsoever, but would like to see if she can produce a significant portion of trifoliate plants. I wonder if its easier to produce stable trifoliate line from a quadrifoliate/fasciated plant or a normal plant. Hmm

Amazing thread definitely going in the bookmark for future reading, only recently discovered afropips and wish his stuff was still around would have loved to of tried his durban poison, keep up the great stuff

Thanks for dropping in MrInternational. I hope you'll stick around for awhile, and take something worthwhile away from the thread.

I wish Pips stuff was around too. I had alot of his Pure Sat lines, but was too young at growing to realize its probably a good idea to back up every line you come across just in case.

I ran his Senegal Haze, Nigerian, Swazi Red, Malawi Gold and Durban Poison. I might be forgetting one though, not sure. Been quite awhile since I grew them out. I wish I had made backups of all of them and not just the DP. But thankfully the DP is my favorite of the group.

Pretty soon, Ill be sending in a small batch of Afropip DP F3 seeds. Ive been growing out my remaining F2's over winter/early spring, and found some really nice plants that I made seeds with. Ive still got two I need to dust, but ran out of pollen, so that'll wait.

The seeds Ill send in will be from 3 females dusted with pollen from two males. Two females were on the chunky side like the first gen I grew out, while the third produces buds about 50% size compared to the other two, but she's got all the beauty going her way. Happens to be my current fave of the plants Ive grown out.

Lots of deep purples in her foliage and buds, with an intoxicating high and terp profile. Ill throw up an old pic of her so you can gander.

Of the two chunky ones I seeded, one is very fast to trigger into flowering. This I discovered my accident. I had a timer malfunction, and the normal 8 hour darkness was extended to 30-32 hours. I reset the timer, and resumed normal veg hours. After a few days, I noticed two plants that had triggered into flowering, while the rest were continuing with vegging. After a week, it was clear they weren't going back to veg, and into the flower tent.

By week 3 of flowering they were both well ahead of the pace I typically see with the DP. The two began to diverge a bit from each other in terms of time to finish flowering as time went by. One was definitely going to need 3 more weeks to finish even though they both triggered into flowering at the same time. The longer flowering one eventually got culled because I spotted a couple nanners around 80% in.

The other male finished and started flowering quickly with nice chunky spear shaped buds. Plant had minimal stretch, with some nice autumn colors that show up fairly quickly into flowering. By the month mark she was already turning. Not a single nanner in site as well, so I allowed her to make seeds for the next gen. Looking forward to working a parallel line with her to see if I can produce a really fast flowering Durban.

Will still continue progress on the other line, which will be slower to kick into flowering, and finish, but worth the extra wait.

A fast, or slow Durban, whatever you prefer.

This is the mom that has produced F3's for the slower line. She's got the metallic purple leaf trait that I absolutely love. Only found one other plant like this in the line. Hoping she will pass it on to her children.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

N8V Farmer

Beautiful photos DC. I had been meaning to post a pic of a Durban I recently grew out. It looks pretty similar to the metallic purple you have. It's from AKBB and is SSSC DP.
picture.php

Azure

Im glad to have you following along as we embark on a journey through these plants lives. Should be fun for all. Speaking of auto traits, I also have a small number of seeds of PNG that carry the auto trait. Its a separate line the gift giver provided me. They will at some point in the future make an appearance, but it'll be a good while before we get to them.

Come back Dave Coulier! The cannabis world needs you!

Raho

Veteran
Beautiful photos DC. I had been meaning to post a pic of a Durban I recently grew out. It looks pretty similar to the metallic purple you have. It's from AKBB and is SSSC DP.
picture.php

WOW!
Looks just like Dave's!
Please update us with a smoke report when you can. Do you have a thread somewhere with more details on your grow?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Very nice pictures and beautiful plants Dave!!

picture.php

This plant right here looks crazy!! But I can't figure out how this came out of a Durban package from Afropips. If anyone tells me it's a Cookies hybrid I would believe it haha.What I find even more shocking is the fact N8V Farmer found such similar plant too!

I remember having grown several seeds from Afropips and ending very happy with most, at least they all looked like proper tropical imports or NLDs. I'm trying to figure out what could happen with that Durba Poison batch, because it really doesn't look like it should. They probably mislabelled the seeds they were reproducing or something like that, otherwise it must haves been hybridized with something else? Even the Durban x Skunk from Nirvana I grew in the early 2000s looked more sativa.

Here's how good old Durban Poison from Afropips used to look like, with tiny calyxes with small glands, not many trichomes outside the buds and no hashplant-style leaves like that purple plant:

juDRHCS.jpg

2nbe0qf.jpg

Here a flower detail, spiky and airy but what one would expect form such genetics.

ckSYWNQ.jpg

Seedsman had both the Durban Poison and African Buzz (Malawi) available too for a while. Quality was similar, at least the early batches.

I've grown Zambia, Swazi and more recently a few Malawi Gold seeds left from Afropips and was similar, a bit chunkier if you ask me, but all very similar to the Durban, Swazi and Zambia to be honest. All finished around early November:

8Nea8S1h.jpg

I guess nothing is like it used to be anymore! haha.

All the best.