What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain advise please

teddynugent

Hey all,
I love smoking herb. Within the past year or so, I was diagnosed with a panic disorder (panic attacks) and an anxiety disorder. They also say I am slightly depressed, but I don't totally agree with that, cause most of the time I am pretty happy.
I am still in search of a strain that suits my needs. I need something that causes no paranoia. Something that relaxes the body and mind. I havn't had much luck so far. The closest I've come was a particular Bogbubble plant. It was good, and did cheer me up, but it isn't exactly what I am looking for. I would like to find something more relaxing. Any suggestions would be great.
I also injured my leg pretty bad back at the end of December (completely tore my ACL, MCL, and I ripped a chunk of my Meniscus off). I have been in pretty bad pain, and I still can't really walk on it too much, so my grow has been put on hold for a while here. I had my whole crop of beautiful SSH's die because of this. Those were not cheap seeds either :( I also have a problem with pain pills. I've been addicted for a while now, but over the past week or 2 I have cut my dose down to 1 pill a day for the most part, and I will be going cold turkey within the next couple days. Opiate withdrawl is no fun. It's basically a week of living hell. Stay away from them evil little pills guys.....Anyway, I am going to probably need 2 surgeries on my leg and I will not be taking any narcotic pain medication after the surgery because I can't control my use of them and I do not want to end up addicted all over again. SO, if you guys know a good strain for pain. I mean something real good cause the pain was the worst I've ever dealt with in my life and I have a high thresh hold for pain. It was a constant and extreme pain for a month + straight and I am told that is what I have to look forward to after surgery. So, I am trying to talk a friend into growing something out for me so I will have it after surgery. Any suggestions on some killer strains for pain? Like that opium-numbing pain relief? Is there a strain out there that is even semi-comparable as far as pain relief?

Also, out of the current strains I have, which do you think would be best for either one, or both of my situations? Here's the list:

-G13BackCrossX Orange Crush
-White Mr. Nice
-Powerberry(pure power plantXblueberry)
-B52XPure Power Plant
-M39
-Mantanuska Thunder FuckXPeak19(real deal MTF from Alaska and when I am able, I will be passing out free seeds)
-AK
-Hindu KushXCritical Mass
-Hindu KushXBubbleberry
-G13HashPlant(they came from a hermie tho, so I don't really want to use them indoor, prolly throw em outside if I'm able)
-The mystery pack from seeds direct(it came un-labeled and I am still trying to find out what it is. I think its either Super Skunk, HKxBubbleberry, or NL#5Haze.

Thanks in advance for any help

-Teddy

King Kong

Man, are you my long lost brother?

I was diagnosed with Panic Attacks last year after having a major one at work. (Eventually cost me the job) Was prescribed Zoloft. Works on the panic attacks, but the side effects sucked. It eliminates strong emotional responses, good and bad. This also included sexual disfunction and a general malaise. I DO NOT recomend this drug for anyone hoping for a normal life.

I have found the couchlock/Indica varities help the most. It seems to be a personal choice on strains.

I also tore up my knee on a construction accident years ago, so for a second I thought maybe I had posted this.

teddynugent

Thanks man. Ya, I went on Paxil first then Zoloft. I didn't stay on either of them more than maybe 2 monts tops. I think I only took the zoloft about 10 times total. I can't stand anti-depressants. Just the whole idea of them. Doctors don't even know the cause of depression, so all those anti-depressants are like playing a guessing game with your brain chemistry. Fu*k that. Plus, the side effects are horrible like you said. That's why I figure I'll just keep looking for that right strain.....

sensibudz

Hello TN, I have the same things, and am on 60 mg of Paxill, and 3 mg of cloranzapan a day.

I found White Gold from World Wide Seeds to be perfect!!

Diddnt make me feel panicy, but re assured me that I would not have an attack!!!

7307-med.jpg

teddynugent

Thanks sensibudz. I was going to ask for a grow report, but I just read it in the strain giude. Those are some great looking pics man. Can you describe the taste for me please. Also, how's the smell? Is it some real stinky stuff or what?

Thanks again,

-Teddy

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Teddy Great Thread

Teddy Great Thread

I too would like to know what peoples thoughts are on medical strains for Panic disorders.

I've dealt with depression since I was 14, but October of 2002 I started having panic attacks when I would go to work. After missing about 4 months of work intermittently I decided to change my occupation and went to work for my church. I don't think I would have had the job much longer anyway if I had stayed. Kinda sad after all the effort I had put in there over 8 years. The support I get at my new job is unbelievable and nothing compared to what I received, hell what I didn't receive at my other job. I still get the attacks but not as frequently. Meds have helped, but would like to find a strain that did the same job and saved myself the money and the terrible side effects from the meds. This is why I've started to grow.

GreatLakes THC

Last edited:

teddynugent

GreatLakes THC- I've been smoking M-39 and White Rhino the past couple days and both seem to be very good for anxiety. Neither have made me paranoid at all. The M-39 seems to be the better of the 2 for anxiety so far, I think. It has a very relaxing body high. It really calms me and helps stop me from worrying. I can smoke a good amount too withut getting paranoid or short of breath at all. It's potent weed too. It still needs to finish drying and then cure, so we will see what the case is after that. So far so good though.