What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ruderalis?

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Wondering if any of you russian's use ruderalis in your breeding? Ive heard they are autoflowering but nonpotent. I would love to use some in breeding as well. Thanx :wave:

el_psychedelico

Everyone says clear ruderalis is difficult for breeding. ruderalis genes 2low in thc and unstable in genetic, you must do a lot of crosses until you get some nice strains. (but i never saw clear one, even i lived in many places of our great country, my personal meaning clear one its a fake...) but i'll give you another good hint. you can xprmnt with russian landraсes, most of them autoflower and stable ruderalis\sativa, and another good reason they have xtrmly strong mold\frost\insect resists. For example i got Real Tashkenti from Tashkent city, which one is autoflower and potent enough. it takes 120-130 days from seed to bud.

B

Brad

hmmmm these strains seem to have value for strong mold\frost\insect resistance sign me up!

Sava

Psychedelico, did you mean...mold resistant Taskenti??....Look bro, i grew pure Uzbeki (directly from tashkent region too) outdoor for some years ago. They were really good yielders, but mold was f..ing serious issue on them so it must be checked often and very carefully.
There are however several varieties from Kazakhstan that sure AF and are very resistant to molds...but on the other side its has low thc content.

el_psychedelico

sava read more closely... i'm talkin'bout all russian autoflowering landraces, well... most of them. Yes, low thc level is truely for most of them, but few of f2 generations more than perfect* (*lowryder no more than "children tobacco" if you want my opinion), they save some resistance in genes, but high in thc is not stable one... cause all backcrossed f3 have 2much phenos, and none of them was potent enough. And what is heck is pure Uzbeki ? how bagseeds can be pure? or is it some kinda uzbekian breeders bugagagaga :rasta: Cannabiogen get they own version of pure Uzbeki plant they call it Taskenti , is it that pure strain you talkin'bout? when i said "Real" i mean bagseeds from Tashkent city, from really nice buds. not Taskenti from Cannabiogen.
Pirate138 BreederBrad2 i get multiple of crosses. sorry ppl i'm not interested in xchange, thats not my greed or pathos, just i dont wanna international movin' with diz shit...

Last edited:
B

Brad

we got our own auto flowers,we just interested in something new...((((.just i dont wanna international movin' with diz shit.))))..what are you trying to imply???

Caniaidian auto's
Mighty mite

manitoba madness

Guerilla Gold

Last edited:
G

Nice pics Brad, we used to grow our own stuff for a long time, from seed direct outside, I believe the ruderalis gene became more prevalent after a while, (it was always the early males doing the pollenating) we ended up with something that was super early, low in THC, & very leafy to trim. They are extremely vigourous, can outgrow the surrounding vegetation. Taste was a bit bonfire too. I would be wary of including russula/ruderalis in any breeding program, & look more towards afghani earlies. Incidently we grew ruderalis skunk sensi seeds here 52 n didnt finish, chopped late november. Just my 2 cents.

B

Brad

it's a numbers game really,depends how much time,space and energy you wanna put into a project like that...personally,i just want em ,just to have them in long term storage for the future

Puffster

pretty interesting some of the russian sativa landraces, would cross well I think. Just a shame its so hard to get seeds of them

Patterson

pretty interesting some of the russian sativa landraces, would cross well I think. Just a shame its so hard to get seeds of them
Just ask some russian comrades and they would send you a lot of seed of course if you will do some briding work wtih them

nillo81

ciao, la tua è una vecchia ruderalis skunk?
perchè a me la nuova scatola della sensi seeds mi ha creato dei problemi di salute-
per caso qualcuno di voi ha una vecchia ruderalis skunk? quando la sensi imballava le sementi ancora a mano?
grazie
attendo

nillo81

ciao, la tua è una vecchia ruderalis skunk?
Perchè a me la nuova scatola della Sensi Seeds mi ha creato dei Problemi di salute -
per caso qualcuno di voi ha una vecchia ruderalis skunk? Quando la sensi imballava le Sementi ancora a mano?
grazie
Attendo

Primary Source

nillo81, what you are saying about "machine packed seeds" having a negative effect on health is objectively untrue and completely unsupportable.

Aside from anything else, you are apparently using cannabis as medicine for a serious condition. If you are feeling significantly worse than normal, then holding on to the idea that 'machine packed cannabis seeds' are the cause of your turn for the worse may be causing you to endanger yourself by not seeking out the real cause.

There is no way that the cannabis seeds in question causing you to feel ill/worse than normal. If you are feeling this way, it is probably a very good idea to find out why and not waste any more time and energy on this fantasy.

I can't figure out why you would choose the method by which seeds are packaged as a cause of anything. If you'd at least mentioned a substance that (you theorise) could be on the packing machines, which could somehow be transferred to the seeds, then it would at least be possible for you to allay your fears by finding out if such a substance was
a) present on the machines
b) a danger to human health

The answer both questions would be a firm 'no', but at least it would present a rational direction in which to investigate your claim.

As it stands, you seem to be afraid of some kind of esoteric machine vibration affecting the aura of your seeds. I'm not trying to be patronising here, I genuinely cannot figure out what other influence a packing machine could have on seeds, other than some kind of hypothetical sympathetic magic.

To be clear again: there is no way a packing machine could affect seeds in such a way that they would negatively (or positively) affect human (or animal) health.

Better still (and hopefully this will go some way to allaying your fears) Sensi Seeds have ALWAYS been packaged by machines!
You can probably find film of this on Youtube, shot in the mid Nineties, that clearly shows a machine counting out individual seeds into one of the old Sensi packs (cellophane bag with title-card insert).

To reiterate: Sensi Seeds have been packaged by machines for at least 15 years! It's quite likely that they were machined packed back in the Eighties as well, in The Seed Bank days, though I've never seen video to confirm this. Packing seeds with machines is a much better option in terms of speed, efficiency, minimal contamination and minimal damage to seeds.

This is probably why you have received little response from Sensi. They can't really respond in any other way than to tell you you're wrong and that every seed you have ever bought from Sensi was packed by machines.

Don't hold your breath for a response from the NL health ministry, either...

Lastly, nillo81, if you are eating hemp seeds for their health benefits, why on earth are you using realtively expensive 10-packs of seeds that are intended for growing psychoactive cannabis when you oculd be eating industrial hemp seeds (some of which, like Finola, have a much higher oil content than average seeds) for a fraction of the cost?

There are negligible amounts of cannabinoids in any seed, whether psychoactive or industrial. The main health benefit from eating them are the oils, protiens and EFAs.

To repeat myself one final time: nillo81, if you're feeling like your health is suffering, you should consult a health professional ASAP, and don't waste any more time blaming imaginary causes.

Xgrover

Russian ruderalis имеет низкое содержание ТГК и пригоден только для гибридизации.

Latest posts

Latest posts